main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Tour the Battleship New Jersey...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay, I found this while I was on "vacation" this week and I've PM'ed Meriwyn about it.

The New York FF is trying to get a tour of the U.S.S. New Jersey, with the possibility of using their theatre to watch a movie or two.

They have opened it up to the other northeast chapters in hopes of getting as big a group as possible. Currently the tentative schedule is to tour sometime in May or June. She will let me know as soon as she has a more definite schedule.

So my question to you guys is: are we interested in a road trip? This would probably have to be an overnight trip, or bare-minimum a very long day trip. Overnighter would be best, I would think. This could be a lot of fun, and for some the chance to get their hands on a 16" gun! :D

P.S. Here's the message I got from Meriwyn about the event:

We'd LOVE to have you guys join us!! Right now we are still working out details, but we're looking at sometime in late May or early June. They're looking to turn this into a whole waterfront festival so this could be really big!

I'll keep you up to date as soon as we hear something. It's up to them to pick the date unfortunately, so it's in their hands at the moment.

Meri

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Yes yes come join us! :D

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    sounds like an excellent idea :)
    however, the date is extremely important for my participation !

as soon as you know I'll be able to commit or not

mlakie

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Sounds fun! I'm always up for a road trip to NY to visit all my old haunts and see my friends. (hence this upcoming weekend!)

5. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Sounds like a lot of fun! I would definitely go, provided that the date is ok for me. :D

6. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    When this thing goes off, it's going to be huge! I hope to see some of you, and to see s couple of you again.

Hope you can make it.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Okay, small update...

Some info: This is going to be a multi-chapter costumed event, including FF, 501st and the Rebel Legion. We are looking at a luncheon, tour of the ship, and possibly a viewing of ANH in the theatre. The luncheon would be pre-paid, which means we need a head count to find out how much it's going to cost. (Or you can go and skip the luncheon.)

Anyway, Meriwyn wants to get a head count of people who are interested. The possible dates are June 7th or 14th. So let me know if you want to go, and which date would be better.

8. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    The 7th of June is looking very favorable right now as I am off work on Friday the 6th. And I'm sure we will need to drive up the day/night before.

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I also prefer the 7th, as Heather's graduation is on the 17th. I'm sure the weekend of the 14th will be busy because of preparations, etc.

10. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I'll be in the UK on the 7th - but don't worry, as it looks like this weekend is better for more people :)

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Malkie. If I hadn't already met you, I would be wondering if you even existed. Could (and would) you make it if it was the 14th? It could still end up being either day regardless of what we want. :D

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I think June 14th is free (atm) :D

hey, I told you all that I'd be a busy person for a while :p I don't remember the last day I had to myself.

so bleh :p

malkie

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Either weekend works just as well for me and Ken - and by that I mean neither is very good. The 14th is actually a bit better right now (if Ken wants to spend his birthday in NY) but that could change. But put us on the list to go anyhow - always in motion the future is and all that.

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I prefer the 7th (being I'm off Friday beforehand), but either weekend will be fine with me.

And on an added note: if we caravan up for an overnight, I can take one passenger in my truck and we can load it up with cargo/luggage/etc.

15. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    As the Rebel Legion commander, in the area, I would love to get to meet all of you that come up.

I really hope we get a good turnout for this event.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Any other takers so I can get a good estimate?

Incidentally the ship is in Camden, across the river from Philly. It's only about a 3 hour drive, give or take.

17. Jan lo

Jan lo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 1998
    I'm interested, it sounds like fun - but I'll have to check my schedule to see if I'm available. *checks schedule* Looks like June 7th would be best for me, but the 14th would also be mostly ok. :p

18. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    This would be a most excellent adventure!

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Go ahead and count me and Ken in - I know I want to go, now it's a matter of the gods allowing it to happen.

20. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, some news: It looks like this is going to be pushed back to late summer/fall. I believe this is due to scheduling at the ship. It will happen though, and as soon as Meriwyn knows anything further she will let us know. :D

21. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ah good. More time to make the Hannah Solo costume. XD *CACKLE*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.