main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Touring Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ForceMedic, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

The Yoda tour has reopened for request to have him come to a FF.
    Is anyone interested in having Yoda?

2. shmatt

shmatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    yeah

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    fine by me,

4. JediTwin16

JediTwin16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Mos def guys.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello Shenandoah!

Your Chapter Rep posted that you all wished to join. Welcome aboard!

Bit of background:

The idea for the tour sprung up earlier this summer when Kim (Master--Kenobi, the CR of Santa Cruz, CA) wanted to send her fried Interactive Yoda to the UK to get a picture of it with Ewan McGregor (how Yoda got fried: watching certain scenes involving Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine. I kid you not). From there, the idea to send Yoda around the world sprung up, and I jumped in and started asking fanforces around the world if they wished to be involved.

The tour began in the tail-end of July this year. Yoda went on his way to London, England, where he decided to start off with a bang and disappear for nearly 4 months. Yoda was luckily found in the middle of October, and he is currently in route to Wales, UK.

The tour's thread is HERE.

If you all indeed would be interested, this is all I would need:

I need a contact person who will be responsible for Yoda during his 2 week stay in your fanforce. It is this person's job to take Yoda to "places of signifigance" and take pictures of Yoda (examples of "places of signifigance" so far: pictures with Star Wars celebrities, Disneyland, Sherwood Forest, Buckingham Palace, London Bridge, birthday parties, basically anything and everything). It is also this person's job to ship Yoda off to the next fanforce and TRY TO STAY AS CLOSE TO THAT 2 WEEK MARK AS POSSIBLE. (See the London, England thread for details as to why we're so stingy about this) :p .

SO anyways, if you decided on a contact person, please have them PM me with the following information:

Full name
    home/shipping address
    email address
    phone number

The phone number is just incase, and the home address will be used to send Yoda and/or for my own benefit if you decide to "lose" Yoda. You will find a very angry Californian banging on your door if you do.

Thanks again! PM me if you have any questions! :D

~Rachel

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Contact information was received and you guys are set to go. :)

Bit of an Update:

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

As for Yoda himself, due to an error in the French Post Office, Yoda was sent back to Wales. We are currently preparing to try to send him to France once more. :)

Thank you for your patience! :D

7. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Thanks for the update. Wales is a nice place, maybe he should check into a motel and settle down for a while. :D

8. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I think he was already raoming around the U.K. for like months before he was located.

9. JediTwin16

JediTwin16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Who gets Yoda?

We should take him to the Skyline Drive, get a pic at the line spots for the movies.

10. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    He has alot of places to go before he gets here. So just be patient.

11. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    AtAt will be in charge of the miniscule master while he is here.
    So put in your requests for activities with AtAt.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, after 3 tries to send the little guy to France (and failing each time), we have decided to skip France and move on to Germany. The tour is WAY behind schedule, so we hope it will pick up pace and continue on.

Thank you for your patience!

Also, the website is now up in English, Spanish, and German with French on the way! :D

13. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So basiccally we get him take pics and send him on to the next group right? you will give us the next address when we get him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.