main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tournament: Favourite Superhero - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by TheBoogieMan, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    THE RULES!

2. Please remember that this tournament is for you to vote using your opinion? not that of anyone else. :)

3. This tournament is for your favourite Superhero. It is *not* about who would beat who in a contest. There is the Comic Book Draft if you want to play that sort of game. This is about which superhero is your favourite

4. If you have never heard of one of the options PLEASE take 30 seconds to click on the link (it will take you to wikipedia) where you can find some sort of description. Not all the links work at the moment but they will be fixed by the time you need to vote on them.

5. This tournament will have a new vote APPROXIMATELY every 24 hours. You will be alerted that a new group is up to vote because the title will change. For example, on a tuesday the title might be "Tournament: Favourite Superher -- Spandex Region Round 1 " and then on wednesday it would be " Tournament: Favourite Superhero -- Spandex Region Round 2". You cannot vote for a pair after the vote has been closed. I do forget and/or get detained occassionally, though, so be patient if the is some gaps in the updating. :)

6. To begin with, 4 pairs of superheroes will be voted on for each round. This is done for time reasons. The later rounds will feature only two pairs, and then later, one pair at a time.

7. To vote, all you need to do is look at the most recent vote announcement (one of my posts, and it will have a coloured bar from what category it is in for easy visual recognition) and pick one superhero from each pair. If you want to vote for one of the pairs but not the other, feel free to do so! But if you vote for anything other than what is up for the vote, your post will be ignored.

8. Please feel free to engage in some discussion, especially comments as to why you voted for what. This makes tournaments so much more interesting!

9. If at any time you'd like to see who has been eliminated and who is still in the running, please check the 2nd post of this thread, where I will be highlighting in red all eliminated superheroes.

10. As always, all the normal rules apply. If you are found to be breaking the JC rules in this thread you will receive a warning, and may be forbidden from participating in the tournament after that. No voting with socks! This has happened before. If you get caught, you will not be allowed to participate in the rest of the tournament. If you have any questions PLEASE PM me!!

11. We had waaay too many nominations to play with, so I had to make some cuts. I tried to have the tournament stay as "Superhero-y" as possible, and tried to stay away from standard action heroes with no secret identity, no special powers and no trademark suit/cape/lair/haircut/catchphrase/lair/whatever. I also tried to avoid standard fantasy heroes, as that was a genre which predates superheroes. Some game characters were excluded, but others were left in as they seemed acceptably superhero-y and to be honest I didn't have enough characters after my initial harsh downsizing. I also added half a dozen of my own nominations of notable characters that you guys had forgotten (The Phantom, anyone?). If anyone has any queries about this, feel free to PM me, but please remember that my decision is final and try not to derail this thread into a who-qualifies as a superhero discussion.

12. That said, there were a few that I included on visual and name-basis alone from the nominations thread. If it turns out that I accidentally included two variants of the same character or included someone that is only in the loosest sense a superhero, I reserve the right to remove them and replace them with someone more suitable. That said, I doubt this will actually happen.

13. And that is all! Enjoy :)

14. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
  15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
  16. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Masked Avenger Region

Jean Grey
    X-men

Red Ranger
    Power Rangers

Abstain

The Flash

17. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Dang! Just tights wearing heroes :(

I think I'll have to sit this tournament out :(

18. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    How is River Tam eligible but not Buffy?

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, problem there. I didn't actually know who River Tam was until I set up the first round five minutes ago. I guess I must have overlooked it. I completely admit I'm at fault here, but it is 2:49AM here so I guess I just have to hope she is eliminated this round.

20. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    If Buffy isn't a super hero, I don't know what is. A hero's calling, enhanced strenght and agility, supernatural enemies and "She saved the world. A lot.". Also, it seems strange to include her successor, Fray, but not her.

Sorry if I'm derailing. It's just that, honestly, the lineup could've been stronger.

As for the vote...

Superman

Krypto

Psylocke

The Flash

21. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Definitely odd. I'd put that down to me never having seen an episode of Buffy in my life, but I agree about the Fray issue. It seems you have a pretty strong argument for Buffy so I'll switch Fray and Buffy now before I pass out.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks for the cheap plug for the CBD! ;)

Also, why are we voting on "4 pairs of villains" according to the instructions? :p

Anyway ... to my votes ...

Superman (begrudgingly)

Krypto

Psylocke

The Flash

23. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    :oops:

My votes:

Superman

Krypto

Abstain

The Flash

24. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Superman

Abstain

Aeon Flux

The Flash

25. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Superman

Red Ranger

Psylocke

The Flash

26. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    Superman

Krypto (Superdog)
    Superdog/Superman series

Psylocke

The Flash

27. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  28. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm voting for-

Superman
    Red Ranger
    Psylocke
    The Flash

Superman vs. Jean Grey was a tough call. Superman is just overall cooler though. I'm so excited for June 28th!

If you want to take part in a contest similar to this one, over in the PT Forum, the Favorite Prequel Trilogy Quote Contest is going on. It just started today. We're going to eventually determine the forum's favorite quote from the PT. The link to the thread is in my signature. Check it out!

29. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Superman
    Krypto
    Aeon Flux
    The Flash

30. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I like the category names :p

Superman