main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tournament of the Under Rated

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Zandoran_Celix, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Who Do you think is the most under rated EU character?

Choose one and Explain Why

We will do this for a week at a time. At the end of the week I'll choose the winner of each round, then we will compete them to see who is the Ultimate Under Rated Character?

BEGIN!!!!!!!!!

2. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Ganner Rysode

he gets little to no respect from anyone who hasn't read Traitor.

3. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Keyan Farlander-
    Fighter pilot, Jedi Knight. General. Keyan Farlander is on of the geatest members of the New republic yet gets no respect. Keyan Grew up on Agamar and joined the Rebellion when her read a pamplhet from Mon Mothma. He decided to become a pilot, and was a natural, earning high marks on his first mission. He became proficient at the stick of many Craft. At the Battle of Yavin, The pilot who was scheduled to fly as Red 5 (Luke's Callsign) got sick, along with Wes Janson. Keyan was the man that was supposed to fill his slot. When Luke arrived at the Base, Keyan gave up the X-wing, since Luke wasn't familar with Koensayr (y-wing) Controls, Just Incom (X-wing, T-16), Keyan then proceeded to Help luke get his skills honed in the cockpit before the battle. During the Battle, Keyan survived untouched in the Y-wing. This is something that niehter the Famed Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles could manage in superior crafts. Skip ahead few years, after Keyan continued to have a distinguished career. He went into his Jedi Training and achieved the rank of Knight, and as far as we know it did not hurt his career with the New Republic. This is a feat that Luke, Leia, Jaina, Corran, and many others struggled with. By the Time of the NJO Keyan had become a General. He lead entire fleets and was insturmental in the Battle of Kashyyyk, Ebaq 9, and Yuuzhan'tar/Sekot, combining both his Jedi training and his military Experience. Awesome Pilot (Probably one of the top 3 in the NR), Diligent Jedi, and powerful Leader Keyan Farlander is by far the most under-rated Character in all of Star Wars

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  5. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Droma. I don't really feel like explaining why.

6. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Keyan Farlander is in the lead wiht the longest explainationa s to why he is the most underrated.

Ganner Rhysode is in second with the next to longest explanation.

Droma

Then Thrawn

Keep them coming we have till friday when i post....

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Maarek Stele. In much the same boat as Keyan Farlander, this character got his start in the video game TIE Fighter. The storyline of this game proved that Stele was one of the premier pilots in the entire Imperial Navy. Pilots sought him out for training; he lived through combat against the best the enemy had to offer, and he was one of the few given the opportunity to fly the two premier star fighters in the Empire: the Defender and the Missile Boat. Eventually he became the Emperor's personal fighter bodyguard and an Emperor's Hand; after Palpatine's death he became a member of the 181st, the best squadron in the Navy. He was also Force sensitive.

Yet after Endor he completely disappears except for two tiny mentions, and thus few are truly familiar with his exploits. This is a man who was selected to fly Vader's wing on a mission to stop a plot against the Emperor, and destroyed hundreds of craft by himself. Yet few rate him with Wedge or the Baron, thus he is extremely underrated.

8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Nen Yim. I mean, seriously. She's one of the strongest female leads we've seen in a long time and just because she's a Yuuzhan Vong, she get's knocked off as a villian. Perhaps the only protagonistic Yuuzhan Vong in all of NJO, she walks hand in hand with Tahiri yet the psycho human girl gets all the credit and Nen Yim the memory farm gets labled a second class citizen. Regarded as a favorite in the Yuuzhan Vong fan community yet despised by the rest of the fandom, Nen Yim is by far the most under rated character because her intelect, personality, and pivotal role in NJO is overlooked because of her species.

9. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    so wait, all I have to do to win is write the longest argument?

10. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Maarek Steele and Nen Yim take second and thirf now all others move to the next lowest place.

And no the longest argument is not necessarily the onl thing i look at....I look at the orginality of the argument as well as many other things.

But as of this very moment The longest arguments are getting the votes. But that does not necessarily mean on friday when i review all the candidates that the oone in first will be granted winner for that week.

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Thrawn because with someone that brilliant, you can't be rated enough ;) Plus he only appears in what? Three books? Four when Outbound Flight comes out. Plus it seems that the fanbase for charaacters such as Mara Jade are much bigger, yet Thrawn is an infinately more brilliant and interesting character.

12. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    MACE WINDU!!!
    Kiled Jango, kickass character....Purple LIghtsaber
    &

Gavin Darklighter -- NJO, leader of Rounge Squadron, Fought toughter enemies than Wedge and Tycho combined

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Tenel Ka.

Princess, heir to one of the richest regions in the galaxy. Smart, strong and in control.

Got the shaft in the NJO.

Lusa.

Centaur, healer, friend. Compassionate yet with an iron resolve.

Worst damned death in the SW mythos...

14. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Well folks tis Friday, and as promised this weeks champion will be given their crown.

This weeks winner is.

Keyan Farlander

Now begins this weeks Round.

All previous applicants except Keyan are alllowed to be inlcuded in thiis round as well.

New applicants are to be named and then given an explaination.

Previously named runners are only to be voted upon by stating their nsme and saying yay or nay.

BEGIN ROUND TWO!!!!

15. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Kalebb Orn, he was a mere construction worker and was slaughtered. why is his death so much less then Chewies, Anakins, or Borsks? he's a person too!

16. Jiimas_Paarsa

Jiimas_Paarsa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2005
    Keyan Farlander-
    Fighter pilot, Jedi Knight. General. Keyan Farlander is on of the geatest members of the New republic yet gets no respect. Keyan Grew up on Agamar and joined the Rebellion when her read a pamplhet from Mon Mothma. He decided to become a pilot, and was a natural, earning high marks on his first mission. He became proficient at the stick of many Craft. At the Battle of Yavin, The pilot who was scheduled to fly as Red 5 (Luke's Callsign) got sick, along with Wes Janson. Keyan was the man that was supposed to fill his slot. When Luke arrived at the Base, Keyan gave up the X-wing, since Luke wasn't familar with Koensayr (y-wing) Controls, Just Incom (X-wing, T-16), Keyan then proceeded to Help luke get his skills honed in the cockpit before the battle. During the Battle, Keyan survived untouched in the Y-wing. This is something that niehter the Famed Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles could manage in superior crafts. Skip ahead few years, after Keyan continued to have a distinguished career. He went into his Jedi Training and achieved the rank of Knight, and as far as we know it did not hurt his career with the New Republic. This is a feat that Luke, Leia, Jaina, Corran, and many others struggled with. By the Time of the NJO Keyan had become a General. He lead entire fleets and was insturmental in the Battle of Kashyyyk, Ebaq 9, and Yuuzhan'tar/Sekot, combining both his Jedi training and his military Experience. Awesome Pilot (Probably one of the top 3 in the NR), Diligent Jedi, and powerful Leader Keyan Farlander is by far the most under-rated Character in all of Star Wars

Hey Joda tell that to the judges of the Starfighter draft. He was my first round pick.

17. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Jim Yeah he was my round two in the first one. he lost to corran. Then I became a Judge last time and Look Keyan beat not only Corran, but Also Tiin.

Working on my round 2 pick

18. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    So wait, this is judged by how long your explanation is?

19. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Not quite, but length does have a factor, the longer it is the more reasons you can give. If you're debating someone over which rock band is the best and you "Guns 'N Roses. cause they sound cool" and someone else goes into depth about, let's say, Metallica, showing Record sales, Hits, and other facts and statistics, the metallica fan would win the debate, because he has more depth to his arguement.

Rukh
    And for My pick, I choose someone who brought down the most powerful foe since Palpatine, and yet for that he get's little to no recognition. Rukh was one of the most loyal individuals in the Galaxy, he was Loyal to his leader, but perhaps, more importantly he was loyal to his people. He was serving faithfully onboard the Chimera as the Personal Bodygaurd of Grand Admiral Thrawn, when he recieved word that his people, the Noghri had switched Allegiances from the Empire to the New Republic. Rukh then had to decide whether or not to betray his leader or his people. In the Pivotal point of the Battle of Bilbringi he Rukh Stuck a knife into the the Grand Admiral's Heart, Forcing the Imperials to flee, ending the Tyrant's reign, and saving the New Republic from certain defeat. Sadly, he never made it off the Ship. This lowly Noghri Bodygaurd is the fulcrum on which the fate of galaxy rested, yet no one ever seems to thank him or remember his sacrifice.

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    So...this would probly win then?

Mace WIndu

Though some may think that Luke and Anakin are the strongest Jedi, I feel it was Mace Windu. I have three reasons for this, His powers, his appearance, and finally his light saber. I will now elaborate upon these?
    Mace is a man of great power, in his day; Mace was one of the best light saber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only three opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, Dooku, and Palpentine, with help. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master the his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices. He was a native of the Deadly world of Haruun Kal, and had returned there to return his Padawan Deba Billba to the light side and peace to the rough territory. He also has the amazing ability to see weak points in the force, Shatter Points he calls them. He also foretold the Yuzzan Vong invasion stating. "In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi, the death of the Republic. I have seen the temple in ruins, the senate smashed, and Couruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Couruscant, the seat of Galactic culture become a jungle unlike any on Haruun Kal.I have seen the end of civilization.?
    His appearance is one of power, prestige, and one that makes even the Bounty Hunters quake in their boots. From the top of his shaved cranium, to the bottom of his leather boots, he emanates a cross between Peace and Power. His home planet is known to produce some of the toughest in the galaxy, as it is in a state of perpetual war, and the appearance was fitting of a Jedi. And, he uses his body as a weapon, breaking noses with his forehead, and intimidating people with his statute. His appearance is what makes him stand out; his shaved bald head shining in the sun and his long Jedi robes don?t do his sarcastic wit justice.
    Many times in books and movies, we see this Wit, this sarcastic remark that seems to make us feel at ease. One example of this wit is,
    "I'm a prophet. I can see the future."
    "Sure you can. What do you see?"
    "You. Bleeding."
    It?s his enduring mood, his calm under fire personality and wants to help others even if they are the enemy. Where he could easily use a mind trick, he instead gives the poor money for what he needs. And he always has some reassurance, no matter the situation. He is possibly one of the smartest Jedi, being as neither of the more famous Luke and Anakin created a light saber form, and to this day, one to match his in power, protection, and complication has yet to surface. And, only a strong Jedi can wield a purple light saber.
    This brings us to his weapon of choice, his light saber. His purple light saber, constructed of Electrum and crystals from Hurikane, which have quite a story behind them. This planet, located well beyond the galactic rim, was a rocky world inhabited by a race of strange, insectile humanoids. These beings were seemingly made of rock, with much of their body consisting of a gray, stone-like material which was studded with purplish, crystalline structures. When Mace Windu was just a Padawan, his Master sent him on a solo mission to Hurikane to obtain crystals for the construction of Mace's light saber. While on Hurikane, Mace mistakenly injured one of the humanoids, forcing him off a cliff and shattering parts of his body. Ashamed of his actions, Windu drew deeply from the Force and helped to repair the being. In return for his generosity, the natives of Hurikane provided young Windu with several of their purple crystals to use in his light saber. These crystals gave Mace Windu's light saber its unusual purple blade.
    These are just some of the reasons that I believe, Mace Windu is the most powerful Jedi of the order.

21. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    =D=

Both of you have began this round with to very top choice candidates.

I will have to think on this one, because as I stated before, length plays a factor, but not the deciding factor. I take into account many other things.

The Windu explaination is Great!

And Rukh was one character even I had forgotten. And I remeber nearly everything I have ever read among my books.

Keep your nominations up. But as for who will win this weeks round.....that may very well proove a difficult decision.

22. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Ok I've tohught aobut it and as it stands i have made my decision for rgiht now on the round top spots. Remeber though more can be nominated. We have until friday until I choose this weeks winner.

I choose for top Choice at the moment, Rukh. Because He was only in one book for a couple of scenes, yet he did more to stop Thrawn that the NR, or anyone else. His character was truly underrated.

I love Mace Windu, but he has had three movies wiht him in them and he has had atleast one book featured solely on him. He may be underated, but not nearly as much as Rukh was.

Keep them coming people.

23. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Is anyone Else going to Nominate People?

24. Zandoran_Celix

Feb 16, 2005
    Hmm I fogrot aobut my own thread..how sad..

Well Rukh wins whatever week it was that we last stopped.

Also this will be a free week.

If anyone has sigggestions on how o make this better then go for it...if not be prepared for the new tournament to begin friday * board time...

Keyan Farlander and Rukh are our winners so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.