main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tournament Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Son of the Suns, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! Villan!! [face_devil]

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Tracy, I've got a great idea that will bring a greater influx of JCers to census and will be fun for the whole JC community. As you may know, in the past 2 years, myself and quite a few JCers would participate in the www.oscar.com predict the oscar winners competition. I was thinking it would be great to host the tournament here on the JC this year rather than on a different site and I thought census would be the best place to have it since it is a tournament and all. Here's how it works. The nominations will be announced on Jan 31st. You would then create the tournament and list the nominees. Each JC user will be allowed to make one entry where they will predict who will win each category. After the awards are presented, the JCer (or JCers if there is a tie) who got the most predictions correct wins colors for a week. This would be a fun way to get the JC as a whole more involved with census and I think it would be a lot of fun. Tell me what you guys think?

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I think that would a great idea, and I'd love to get it going. And I'd love to give colors, as well, but I'm not sure if a week is best. What if there is a whole bunch of winners? It would be at least 3 days of colors, though, to everyone who wins. Wanna Pm me and we can discuss details? Time frame, etc.

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Great idea, Typho. I'm sure that'd get a lot of people from both the JCC and Amph in here.

Also, I think best Villain is a good one to start with, Tracy. :)

5. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    There's not too much details and planning to do actually. The nominations will be announced Jan 31st in the morning. The awards aren't presented until March 5th so we have all of Febuary if we need it to post this contest, advertise it in MS Update and related threads in Amp/YJCC. The first post that Droideka makes will list the nominees in each category and briefly explain the rules (one entry per user, no socks, typical rules for games anyways) Then users can copy the list droideka made in the first post and indicate who they think will win each category in whatever way they want (bold type, italics, etc). Users will be able to post a revised list if they change their mind on some of their picks before the oscars air. Once the live telecast begins, no further entries or revisions can be made. After the telecast, I will select the most up to date lists from each entrant and count the number of correct predictions. The user with the most correct predictions gets colors.

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    so they are posting thei lists publically, yes? In the designated thread. Sounds good to me. I'll wait till the 31st or whatever to get this up and going. Great idea :)

7. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Yes, the lists will be posted publically in the thread. Users can revise their lists publically in the thread (up to the 5th of March) but they'll have to make a new post each time. A user abusing this as a way to up post count (spamming) by constantly revising the list at an unreasonable level will result in being booted from the contest plus any further penalties you or the MS wish to apply. I will take full responsibility as far as counting up the results and figuring out which users won to save you the hassle of having to do that. All you will need to do is create the thread with the basic rules and the list of nominees and advertise it in MS Update and other threads that pertain to the oscars (I know there's some in AMP, YJCC, ROTS, FILM MUSIC)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.