main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tournament-Top Stargate SG-1 Episodes! SEMI-FINALS Rnd 1: "For Cryin' Out Loud!" Bracket Now Voting!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Stargate_Command, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If that becomes necessary, I'll let you know- but it might be a week or so before I'll have the chance to update my project threads, so I figured there wasn't much point in keeping this stickied in SFAF until it's officially active again. Just have hit a busy stretch getting a few RL things rolling, is all. I definitely intend on this continuing by the time SGA premieres.

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Hey 2nd...any chance of resurrecting this in the new year?

I was just sitting through "gamekeeper" and it reminded me of this.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, I was hoping to within the next week as SGA returns ::)

4. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    The first SG1 movie The Ark Of Truth has alreaady been leaked to the net.

Ron

5. Stargate_Command

Stargate_Command Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2007
    Alright, I've got this back up and running, but we still need votes for the last round, so anyone who didn't send theirs in over the summer, please get 'em in now! ::)

6. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    come on people, before I have to make up a bunch of junk accounts to vote again.

7. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Nobody likes SG-1 anymore but you and me, 2nd.

We should just exchange favorites and amalgamate the perfect list...who could stand against us!

GO JACK GO!

[image=http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/w/images/f/fe/40605a.jpg]

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll move on to the next round this weekend.

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    That hurts! :(

I just don't feel the need to keep posting here, as Quest remembers it and'll get around to continuing things eventually :p

10. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    My apologies...You are welcome to a spot on my SG team...do you want to be the brainy-moralistic one or the brawny combat-savant one?[face_mischief]

as I MUST be the sarcastic-reckless leader. :cool:

11. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Sadly I'm taken. I'm the techy-yet-amazing-at-combat XO of SG-21 already, I'm afraid.

((Well, current acting-CO as our Major is currently possessed by a system lord))

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Do they give paid leave for that? ;)

13. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    hazard pay, and it doesn't cut into your vacation time.:p

14. Stargate_Command

Mar 12, 2007
    Alright, the long-awaited results!

G.D.O., Round 2: RESULTS

Match 1:
    -310: Forever in a Day; -4 Votes WINNER!
    VS
    -413: The Curse; - 3 Votes

Match 2:

-1009: Company of Thieves; -2 Votes
    VS
    -421: Double Jeopardy; -4 Votes WINNER!

D.H.D. Bracket, Round 2: RESULTS

Match 1:

-811: Gemini; -3 Votes TB WINNER!
    VS
    -222: Out of Mind ; -3 Votes

Match 2:

-820: Moebius, Part 2; -3 Votes
    VS
    -101: Children of the Gods; -3 Votes TB WINNER!

M.A.L.P. Bracket, Round 2:

Match 1:

-721/722: The Lost City; -4 Votes WINNER!
    vs
    -204: The Gamekeeper; -2 Votes

Match 2:

-215: The Fifth Race- -4 Votes WINNER!
    VS
    -901: Avalon, Part 1; -2 Votes

I'll try to post the next round tommorow.

15. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Interesting Results on Forever in a Day and Gemini.

I find Forever in a Day to be rather dull as an episode...and anytime the results of the episode are nill...I ask, what was the point? I have a similar opinion on "Absolute Power"...another episode in Daniel's mind...horray! :rolleyes:

Gemini...well by this point I had completely signed off on the replicators...and working with replicators is about the most boneheaded move in the entire series...this was a text book cliche episode from the hollywood playbook...I'm pretty sure I fell asleep watching it the first time.

I truly hope that these results are more because of dislike of the opposite choice then a real support for these episodes...I hope we can discard these in their next round.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Gemini at least shifted the comnmand focus of the Replicators to RepliCarter away from Fifth, he just didn't have any good edge as a villain.

17. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    I'll give you that...but then I despised the replicators as a plot piece the first time they took on human form...did we really need to go there? After that the "sinisterness of robots" just bothers me.

Star Trek ruined the Borg in the same way with their "Queen".

18. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    ***slowly rocks back and forth in fidgety anticipation***

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sorry, got sidetracked with tabulating the one Lit poll results- next SG-1 round should be up tonight! :)

20. Stargate_Command

Mar 12, 2007
    And, finally, we're back in gear! Once again- votes can now be posted in this thread or via PM to me.

F.R.E.D. Bracket, ROUND 2:

Match 1
    -609: Allegiance
    vs
    -804: Zero Hour

Match 2
    -622: Full Circle
    vs
    -510: 2001

U.A.V. Bracket, ROUND 2:
    Match 1
    -314: Foothold
    vs
    -306: Point of View

Match 2
    -221: 1969
    vs
    -807: Affinity

Z.P.M. Bracket, ROUND 2:
    Match 1
    -909: Prototype
    vs
    -416: 2010

Match 2
    -913: Ripple Effect
    vs
    -608: The Other Guys

21. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Yippie Skippie!

Alright...here we go:

F.R.E.D Bracket:

Match 1: Allegiance - Easily the best episode involving Bra'tac and Jacob...it's also probably the crowning achievement of season 6 IMHO...it's only possible equal from that season is in this round as well.

Just for the O'Neill spinning .50 cal spray down, you gotta love this!

***just a note on Zero Hour...that episode is well constructed, but it is the glaring example of what was WRONG with season 8, wrapped up in a single episode.***

Match 2: Full Circle - Oh Look, it's that other crowning achievement from season 6! I'm gonna weep in the next round for sure. Anyway, from Anubis, to O'Neill and the team being cornered in the temple with the Eye of Ra...to Daniel's telling them about the Lost City...to the destruction of Abydos (finally!)...(don't mean to sound mean or anything...but let's get past Abydos...the story grew away from that in season 2!)

I just wish they had set up Daniel's return for season 7 right at the end of season 6.

***note of the loser: I actually like 2001 better then 2010...but alas, this is how the bracket's fall. An excellently crafted tale which keeps the team in the dark while the viewers know exactly what's going on. I always hoped they would do more with the Aschen. I could see them being nasty if Earth thwarted their strategy in the galaxy.***

UAV Bracket

Match 1: Abstain I can't do it! Don't make me pick! For very different reasons, these are 2 fantastic episodes. Foothold is one of the funnest and thrilling episodes of the early seasons...EVERYONE on the cast was in this one...and the hanging mystery about who they were is still an interest story that could be pursued. Point of View is a fantastic character piece, giving us insight into how minor things could changes the lives of everyone involved with the SGC, and the world for that matter. Unlike the first "mirror" episode, this one cranks it up a notch with Kawalsky and the Carter/O'Neill relationship on steroids cause he was dead in the other universe. This was the final nail in the "Carter and O'Neill are the hookup of the series"...they wavered a bit before this point...but it was locked in here (and still is, as evidenced by Atlantis.)

Anyway...no dice...can't pick...I will be happy with either proceeding and be ticked one was left out. Sometimes head to head elimination stinks.

Match 2: 1969 An episode that in one light you don't take too seriously...but in another, you take very seriously. I loathe time travel, but this one was ok...the Hammond thing was pretty weird...but the Cassandra thing at the end of the episode is really cool...except, why is the gate program closed down? And why, if it was known that the mission would go so wrong, would Hammond ever allow it to go forward?

***note on the loser: Affinity stinks. By season 8, Teal'c should not be acclimating to living on Earth...he should be living with the rebel Jaffa who are kicking ever more Goa'uld booty. He should be bunking with Ishta and leading his people...not hanging with Earth Teenagers. Maybe if this was like season 3 or 4...but not now...the episode has always felt out of step.***

ZPM Bracket

Match 1: 2010 As stated earlier, I prefer 2001 to 2010, but you don't get 2001 without 2010 (funny, huh). As it stands I picked this one basically as the lesser of 2 evils.

***note on the loser: Prototype was me signing off on Anubis...they beat the horse 2/3 times too many...enough...not interested. It's actually worse then beating the "Apophis Returns" to death. GO AWAY.***

Match 2: Ripple Effect
    Fraiser comes back! Oh we missed you, Sexy! A saving grace of season 9, which I was really not over the moon for. This episode was really the first time you felt ANY cohesion for SG-1 as a team again...it was almost like the good 'ole days...except Browder

22. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    -609: Allegiance

-510: 2001

-314: Foothold

-807: Affinity

-416: 2010

-608: The Other Guys

I liked the Aschen episodes.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A third Aschen episode was one of those episode ideas the producers/writers said had been something on the backburner for awhile that never came around to production. I wonder if they would have fit it into Season 11 if it had happened, as they would have gone into that knowing the Ori would get wrapped up and, likely, the series as a whole-ya know, fit in any lingering story ideas while they still had the chance.

Maybe SGA, SGU or a future SG-1 DVD movie could cover the notion.

Ditto for this as with the Aschen. They could definitely handle themselves well as the main villains of either an SG-1 movie or maybe even the main bad guys for SGU (damn, that would be AWESOME).

I'd speculate that the Gate network might have either been made obsolete (via advances in starship technology and beaming technology) or replaced by a new human-built Gate system (or, perhaps a space-gate system was simply more useful for Earth by then than a ground based system). In either of the latter cases, the SGC gate was likely just no longer the dominant gate for Earth.

I disagree- the Teal'c of the earlier seasons could not have felt as home at, or blended in as effectively as, the Teal'c post-Junior on Earth. It makes sense that if he's going to be spending so much time on Earth as SG-1, that he should have a place off-base to rest and relax at like the other members of the team.

It hasn't gotten as bad as Apophis yet, thankfully (and, even if it was, at least Anubis is a more worthy villain than Apophis to do so with), but I agree that Protoype should be the last time. Plus, as a sucker for TK powers, I felt it really was quite a badass episode.

24. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    If you watch that season through...when you get to this episode, you can literally watch Judge take a giant step backward with the character, just to make him seem a little out of place in the world. Which means, to me, they waited too long. I think after 3 or 4 years of being instrumental to the SGC, he would be granted enough trust to leave on his own...after the NID is discredited for sure. The only obstacle, as you stated, was junior...but I don't see that as being a huge problem.

Personally, I don't know why they never just had him and Daniel share a place...especially after they connected following the death of Sha're.

25. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    STARGATE FANS!!!!!

WHY ARE YOU NOT VOTING, STARGATE FANS?

WHY ARE YOU NOT COMMENTING, STARGATE FANS?

Sigh...and they expect this license to continue in dvd movie format? It's been off the air for 6 months, and people already don't care.

ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.