main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Towson Marches Duel of the Fates

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by wampa, Sep 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Last nite I went to the Tournament of Bands competition at South Carroll. My school marching band did not perform, but I went anyway with friends. Anyway, one of the exhibition groups that came out was Towson University. The drum majors had a short lightsaber fight then the band marched and played Duel of the Fates. It was pretty good. I suggest you guys check this marching band out, or any marching band for that matter.

Here's where they are marching this fall, though I can't guarantee that they'll play Duel of the Fates, since many colleges change shows from game to game:

Sep 21 Football - Brown Towson 1 PM
    Sep 28 Exhibition - Brandywine HS Delaware Evening
    Oct 12 Football - Lehigh Towson 1 PM
    Oct 19 Homecoming - Bucknell Towson 1 PM
    Oct 19 Maryland St. Championship Westminster, MD 9 PM
    Oct 26 Football - Colgate Towson 1 PM
    Nov 2 Football - Monmouth Monmouth, NJ 1 PM
    Nov 23 Football - Georgetown Towson 12:30 PM

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Ah, the Tournament of Bands. I went to Perry Hall and we did that all four years. It was always a blast. We always played at Towson State. I noticed alot of schools are using Star Wars music lately, especially the Imperial March and Coronation Theme.

3. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    Darth, I think I remember having this conversation with you a while ago but...I also graduated from perry hall. I graduated in 99 when were you in the band? I was also in marching band all 4 years and marched at Towson State...but I think you may be confusing the competition that Wampa is referring to with the "Showcase of Bands" which is a different thing. I have many friends that go to towson and are in the marching band. I actually got a chance to look at the music this past summer for Duel of the Fates. It was pretty cool looking :)

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You're right. It was called the Showcase of Bands. And I graduated Perry Hall in 1991, so our paths haven't crossed there. I played the trumpet. I loved it. :)

5. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    so how many of us were band geeks as well?

Man I would have killed for a star wars show! I was drum major but no one would listen to me!

that sounds like an awesome show though. Wish I wasn't so lazy or I'd come to one of the TOBs.

6. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    I, too, was a band geek. I played the oboe (still occasionally do - clarinet in h.s. marching band). My last performance in a concert band (about three years ago) - got to play the Star Wars Medley that is out there for concert band. Sweet oboe solo - had a blast..... But man - for us non-pro musicians - it was a tough piece! Many of John Williams scores have great oboe parts..... (most "popular music" doesn't!)

7. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    so what do we have here, flute player, oboe player, trumpet player...wampa, chewboxer? what do you guys play?

do we have enough for the MDFF band yet?

Maybe we could play John Williams in the streets

8. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I played the trumpet for a year in elem. school. And the drums in elem. and middle school.

9. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I've been playing baritone (euphonium) for 3 years. Before that I played trumpet.

10. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I'm a percussionist. It's actually my major up here at the University of Delaware. Those of you who appreciate percussion may want to check out one of the latest headlines on Force.net and download the marimba arrangement of the Love Theme. It's pretty sweet! I've already e-mailed the guy that arranged it to get a copy of it. He said it'll be at least a few months.

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Wamps, If I would have known you were here in the Tournament of Bands at both Hedgesville and Martinsburg, I would have made it a point to come out and see you. Actually I was here, cleaning out the planetarium's storage closet. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.