main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx TOY ANXIETY December 13th (THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS! GOD BLESS!)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    OKAY, WE NOW HAVE A CONFIRMED TIME! The following was an email I recieved from Ron:

We will be open regular hours, 11-6 on the 13th. Probably wind down some of the festivities around 3 or 4 o'clock. Thanks for
    all of your help. Talk to ya soon.

-Ron

So, the event starts at 11 AM and winds down about 3 or 4 PM. I will probably be out there about 10:45 or so to gear up and get all the donated toys down there! Feel free to bring more NEW toys to the cause on the 13th! Also, let me know how many you brought so I can add it to the PFF total. Maybe we can anounce the total on our website!

Thank you all for donating and participating in this event! Even those of you who are without costume, please come on down and wear your PFF shirt! :)

-LP

PS. DIRECTIONS to Toy Anxiety can be found on their website at www.Toy Anxiety.com

2. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    People that live in the east valley or in the vacinity of Atomic Comics, the best route I would take would be the 101 all the way North up to Shea. Then head West on Shea, then south on 32nd st. You'll see Toy Anxiety on the west side of 32nd just before getting to the 51 Freeway.

I HIGHLY RECOMEND NOT USING THE 51 TO GET TO THIS EVENT. TOO MUCH CONSTRUCTION! Unless of course you are North of TA, then feel free.

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  4. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Okay, I'm just gonna repeat myself now that I changed the title of the thread and got your attention. :)

The TA event starts at 11 AM and winds down about 3 or 4 PM. I will probably be out there about 10:30 or so to gear up and get all the donated toys down there! Feel free to bring more NEW toys to the cause on the 13th! Also, let me know how many you brought so I can add it to the PFF total. Maybe we can anounce the total on our website!

Please post again to varify you got the times for this. Thanks!

-LP

PS. DIRECTIONS to Toy Anxiety can be found on their website at www.Toy Anxiety.com

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey Joel just thought I'd let you know... There is a Mattel Toy Store that just opened down the street from where I work. I got some flyers and they say the store offers wholesale prices to the public. I have an application to get a discount card that automatically gives me 10% off my purchases when I show it. Right now there is a Holiday Blowout Sale as well 50%-70% off. Some of the brands listed are Matchbox, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher Price, and Tyco R/C.

Let me know what age groups have the smallest amount of toys in your donations so far and I'll try and pick some more stuff up. I was thinking that when the PFF comes out here in Dec, perhaps I could get someone to take my toys back to you? I already was planning on buying some toys for the local toys for tots groups around here as well so it's no biggie to just shop a little more. ;)

www.matteltoystore.com
    (888)541-5120

6. ToastyMcGrath

ToastyMcGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2003
    I'll try to be there, but my ROTC corps has a field day event on the 13th also. I should be able to make it to the T4T on time, but there's always the possibility that the games'll go on late. If I can make it, I'll try to be a rebel endor commando, but there aren't any gurantees. Bottom line: don't consider me official yet.

7. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    I stopped by TA today for the hell of it- and according to the flyer they have out- the event will be starting at 12:00pm and ending at 5:00pm. Is this the new time?

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hmmmm... interesting. I will email Ron again and ask. That's strange. Maybe he meant 11:00 for us to be there... I will look into this right away. Thanks STEVE! :)

9. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    Here's a copy of the flyer from TA:

"it's Toy Anxiety's 10th Anniversary, and your invited to share in the festivities!

Saturday, December 13th 2003
    12:00pm - 5:00pm

At our store:
    10210 N. 32nd St. #B-3
    Phoenix, AZ 85028
    602-308-0292

December 30 2003 marks Toy Anxiety's 10th Anniversary. To celebrate we have events planned beginning this Nov. Starting Nov 1st, and throughout the month we will be having a "two for twenty" offer. In cooperation with St. Mary?s food bank, we will be accepting perishable and canned food donations. For 2 donated items, you will get 20% off any 1 item you purchase in the store. If you turn in 4 cans, you get 20% off 2 items and so on.

Starting Dec 1st. we will be having a Toys for Tickets offer. I cooperation with the US Marines and Toys for Tots, we will be accepting toys for donation. For any acceptable toy, each person donating will receive a free movie ticket. Toy Anxiety will be renting a theater to host this event. The film time and date will be determined by Dec 1st.

The on Dec 13th, TA will have its ultimate celebration. Attending will be a group of the US Marine in full uniform arriving in various current military vehicles, which be on display. In addition the Phoenix Star Wars Fan Force will help in the festivities. Also attending will be the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, Dune Sea Regiment who have always been available for charitable events and continue to be a true asset to the AZ community. There will also be storewide sales and snacks and beverages available" end transmission.....

10. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Dune Sea Regiment

Isn't that a beauty treatment??? [face_laugh] (Ducks blaster shots from azstormtrooper) [face_shocked]

OK, from the TFF myself and AoErat will definitely be attending and trying to make it will be Admiral_JasterMereel.

LP, please order some moderate weather so all of us who wear "cozy" costumes will not sweat our buns off (especially anyone who dresses as Leia!) (so puny I amuse myself [face_plain])

11. ToastyMcGrath

ToastyMcGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2003
    Must...resist urge......to shoot stormtroopers......

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Jada, I put in an online order for good costume weather but the system is all backed up right now. ;)

Thanks again, STEVE! I really apreciate you posting that. :)

'Still nothing from Ron yet but keep your eye on this thread. I will let you know more ASAP!

PS. Toasty, please don't shoot any of THESE troops, they're are friends ;)

13. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I also know for a fact that at least 3 troopers in the DSG have marksmanship skills (they must not have paid attention in training) so it won't be as easy as usual.

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Okay, so here's the deal! I spoke with Ron Lewis and he told me that the flyer is more or less a misprint (in that the event starts at 12PM).
    The TRUTH is that the event starts at 11 AM when the store actually opens. However, he said that they will now use the 12PM time to be when the food and other festivities start. He would like to have us out there by 11:00 AM.
    Like I said, I will be getting there around 10:30 or 10:45 to get into costume and unload the PFF Boxes of toys! I'll post a count on all the toys as soon as I have it. Please feel free to bring more toys to the drive on the 13th. Let me know how many so I can add it to our groups total! Thanks guys! PM me any questions!

15. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Here's the list of costumed characters so far. Let me know if I missed you!

LORDPARSEC - Kyle Katarn
    Parsec's Dad - Count Dooku
    Darksidersteve - Darth Maul
    Darth Feldman - Luke Skywalker
    MJ - Jaina Solo
    Jedi Hunter - Sith Lord
    VOID - Jedi-like costume
    Mick - Jedi Knight
    IA - Spike
    Webb - Jedi Knight
    Kreleia - Padme
    Lady_Jedi - Rebel Desert Trooper
    Jada - Queen Marnew (Alternative Universe character)
    Darth_Rinku - Sith Lord
    Toasty (possibly) - Endor Rebel Soldier
    Kev_Mas - Jedi
    Silverbead - Jedi
    Dikion - Jedi

PS. As of now we have collected 140 Toys for Toys for Tots! Way to go guys! Keep 'em coming on the 13th! :D

16. DarkSiderSteve

Jun 11, 2003
    WOW, thats alota Jedi to take out.... But isnt there a rule if you kill Luke Skywalker all other Jedi die as well?

17. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    C'mon Feldy! Do the jawa!!!

I might have to change my costume to Pink Squadron Leader . . . [face_laugh] [face_shocked] ;)

18. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    I am planning on attending, but usually when I make plans something happens. So I usually don't plan, more of the seat of my pants kinda girl.
    But I'm going to go ahead and take the risk to say that I will show up and in my Jedi costume. Maybe the powers that be will take pity on me and give me a good birthday weekend (it's Dec 15)

There, now that I've done that...bring on the wrench for my works....I'm ready for it, this time.
    -D-

19. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Sweet, Dikion! The more costumed characters the better! This is gonna be fun! :)

20. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Jawa = dead costume..
    or missing parts at least.. no can do..

joel, any word on that holster ??

21. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, as it stands, I would need to have the blaster and belt in my posession to make this happen. If there's anyway you can get it down to my dad's shop before the 13th, we could probably wip one out for you.

22. Master_Ronin

Master_Ronin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I refuse to don my robes again until I get some proper boots and a saber hilt, but I will be there.

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Fair enough. :)

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I want to apologize to Princess for not recognizing her post about discount toys earlier. Please take a look at this guys! Thanks, Princess! :) No hard feelings I hope.

Hey Joel just thought I'd let you know... There is a Mattel Toy Store that just opened down the street from where I work. I got some flyers and they say the store offers wholesale prices to the public. I have an application to get a discount card that automatically gives me 10% off my purchases when I show it. Right now there is a Holiday Blowout Sale as well 50%-70% off. Some of the brands listed are Matchbox, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher Price, and Tyco R/C.

Let me know what age groups have the smallest amount of toys in your donations so far and I'll try and pick some more stuff up. I was thinking that when the PFF comes out here in Dec, perhaps I could get someone to take my toys back to you? I already was planning on buying some toys for the local toys for tots groups around here as well so it's no biggie to just shop a little more.

www.matteltoystore.com
    (888)541-5120

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I will try to make it in my Rebel Fleet Trooper costume. I think I go to Ft. Bliss the next day to demobilize, so I'm not 100% sure if/how long I can make it, but I'll try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.