main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx TOY ANXIETY December 13th (THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS! GOD BLESS!)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    That would be great, Obey! :) Hope you can make it!

I would aslo like to take a moment to reiterate the fact that we love to see non-costumed PFF-ers out there supporting the cause!

Don't forget, toy donations must be new and in sealed packaging. Stuffed Animals (from what I was told) will NOT be accpepted for reasons including they are not in sealed packaging. Also, no cheap Happy Meal Toys.

If you see a good deal on toys that could be purchased for the cause, post it here so those of us with low funds can help! Thanks again for all your hard work guys and gals! If each member brings at least 1 more toy to the event, we will reach almost 200 toys! :D

PS. Tell your friends, family and co-workers about this event! It's good holiday fun and a great cause! :)

2. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Bump!!!

I mentioned in another thread that we're getting a PFF Table out at the event! I will have my TV/VCR out there if anyone wants to bring out any obscure PFF TV (VHS ONLY!)apearances to play on the TV, it might draw some club interest. Just a thought. I'll also have "Clone Wars" and "Looking for Star Wars" on out there...

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Bump!

At last count we have exactly 140 Toys! I'm gonna clean out a few more items from my collection and see where that brings us. Be sure to let me know at the event if you bought anything more to donate so we can add it to our PFF total!

PS. Tomorrow starts the Holiday shopping madness! If you see any good toy deals, let us know so others can partake! :) Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! :)

4. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    *Bump!*

I'm becoming bruised by all these bumps! ;)

5. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Between you and Void I'm getting bruised! BTW-LP, I've got at least 1 stormtrooper coming with me for this.

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    YAY! I'll put the troop on the list and update it! Thanks Jada! :)

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Updated Costumed list!

LORDPARSEC - Kyle Katarn
    Parsec's Dad - Count Dooku
    Darksidersteve - Darth Maul
    Darth Feldman - Luke Skywalker
    MJ - Jaina Solo
    Jedi Hunter - Sith Lord
    VOID - Jedi-like costume
    Mick - Jedi Knight
    IA - Spike
    Webb - Jedi Knight
    Kreleia - Padme
    Lady_Jedi - Rebel Desert Trooper
    Jada - Queen Marnew (Alternative Universe character)
    Darth_Rinku - Sith Lord
    Toasty (possibly) - Endor Rebel Soldier
    Kev_Mas - Jedi
    Silverbead - Jedi
    Dikion - Jedi
    (TFF Member) - Stormtrooper

That makes 19 official so far! This is gonna be cool! Be sure to bring cameras and stuff so we can have pics on the website! :)

8. ToastyMcGrath

ToastyMcGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2003
    Okay, at this point I'm almost definetly coming. My supercool commando helmet should make it here before the 13th. Unfortunately, without it I might actually look like one of the marines who are gonna be there, hehe.

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Cool Toasty! :)

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  12. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    I made 1/4 page fliers.
    I have 26 sheets printed so far.
    making 104 fliers.
    I'll cut them before the event.

13. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I MIGHT be able to come. I know that I have a Saturday day off coming up soon and I have a feeling it's next Saturday (Please Dear Lord let it the 13~th!). I will find out this Saturday if I can attend. If I can come, I can either be a Jedi (with glasses, lol) or Nymphadora Tonks from Order of the Phoenix.

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Bunny!

Anwelei - Another Jedi would be great! The more the better! :) Hope you can make it out!

15. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Be there, probably undressed... i mean, without costume... How many toys I gotta bring to show up?

16. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    hey LP... you think we could talk about that holster?.. lemme know :)

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Feldman, check your PMs.

Reaper - You can bring as many or as few toys as you like! I think the standard is 2 toys for a ticket to the TA movie party next month. So maybe bring at least 2 toys.

The PFF has collected 140 toys so obviously, we've already scored quite a few tickets. 70, if we want to be technical. But we'll only use as many tickets as we need. I still need to work that out with Ron. I may see him tomorrow afternoon. :)

Thanks again, for your support guys! It's gonna be fun! :)

18. Anwelei

Aug 26, 2001
    Yup, I can come! :D

19. ToastyMcGrath

ToastyMcGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2003
    Ooh! Ooh! Toasty's bringing four things!!!

Phew... remember the classes.... find my happy place...

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    YAY! YOU CAN COME!

That's Great Toasty! :)

21. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, as it stands I am getting better than I was earlier in the week. YAY!

It is still my plan to attend the event, so don't fret! I am still bringing my TV/VCR and a load of star wars related VHS tapes. Incuding some of the past PFF news coverage of the line-up and the cine capri event. :)

oh yeah... BUMP!!!

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Okay, just for information sake. Here's the TOY ANXIETY FLYER one more time... My personal goal is to be there no later than 10:45 AM so I can set up.

"It's Toy Anxiety's 10th Anniversary, and your invited to share in the festivities!

Saturday, December 13th 2003
    12:00pm - 5:00pm

At our store:
    10210 N. 32nd St. #B-3
    Phoenix, AZ 85028
    602-308-0292

Starting Dec 1st. we will be having a Toys for Tickets offer. In cooperation with the US Marines and Toys for Tots, we will be accepting toys for donation. For any acceptable toy, each person donating will receive a free movie ticket. Toy Anxiety will be renting a theater to host this event. The film time and date will be determined by Dec 1st.

The on Dec 13th, TA will have its ultimate celebration. Attending will be a group of the US Marine in full uniform arriving in various current military vehicles, which be on display. In addition the Phoenix Star Wars Fan Force will help in the festivities. Also attending will be the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, Dune Sea Regiment who have always been available for charitable events and continue to be a true asset to the AZ community. There will also be storewide sales and snacks and beverages available"

Thanks again, DarksiderSteve, for the post earlier. Any questions? This is gonna be fun. If anything just to get everybody together after a while without a meeting. :D

23. Anwelei

Aug 26, 2001
    <Sigh> Apparently I already booked stuff for Saturday I had completely forgotten about. SO I can't go. <lip tremble> I"ll be with you guys in spirit!

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    awww... :(

That's okay. We'll miss you though. :)

25. Sand_Dancer

Sand_Dancer Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey. I'll be there. I have kind of a random jedi thing happening. Does anyone happpen to have a jedi robe I could borrow? I know it's last minute but I thought I was going to have more time to finish one. No big deal either way, but if someone has one and wants to bring it I'd appreciate it. Thanx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.