TOY ANXIETY December 13th (THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS! GOD BLESS!)

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by LORDPARSEC, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    yes...please help my girlfriend stay warm out there in the morning... tee hee :)

2. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Please let me get better so I can be there. right now I'd make a better Jabba than anything else.
  3. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    choadsgirl and I will be there, cameras in hand... We will be in the ubiquitous PFF shirt...
  4. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
  5. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Well as it stands my father has now got the early stages of what I had earlier in the week so there is a slight possiblity that Count Dooku will be ill for this event. Since he owns his own business and this is his bussiest season. He may have to sit this one out but he said he would see. I will for sure be there... everyone, STAY HEALTHY! :)

-LP
  6. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    LP, you can let Sand_Dancer know I'll bring my robe. We know it fits her (with adjustable safety pins and all!) and it's definately warm!
  7. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    I am currently getting sick.. i am hoping it wont stop me from being there.. I will try since it is for SW and toy anxiety after all.. i will most likely be there unless i am hospitalized or dead.. so wish me luck!
  8. Darth_Rinku Jedi Master

star 1
    I know for sure that no sickness will make me not go. I was sick, but now am well.
    So I'll be there for sure, I just might have to be there really early just to find the place,
    since I've never been there before.
  9. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Webb! I'll let her know. :)

BTW: In the event you are under the weather but really want to come anyway, YOU DON'T HAVE TO STAY THE WHOLE DAY! Feel free to only stay for part of it... there will be plenty of us there. :)
  10. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Unless I am dizzy (ok, physically dizzy . . . mentally we all know is another story), I plan to be there even if it is for an hour. I mean, c'mon! I cut myself with children's scissors making additions to my costume! I've bled for this!
  11. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Cut yourself with children's scissors eh? That IS quite an accomplishment!
  12. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey! It's me! [face_shocked]

(There is still a debate from my childhood as to how I fell up the stairs [face_laugh])
  13. ToastyMcGrath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, my coveted commando helmet still hasn't arrived. You guys may have to see the Toaster in his New Jedi Order cap instead. Still, cross your fingers that it arrives within 15 hours.... That helm is the essence of the costume!
    BTW, does anyone happen to have a spare pin or patch or whatever of the rebel alliance insignia? I might be able to pull it off with that on my BDU cap or something.

Oh yeah, as many of you know, I'm coming after my JROTC picnic is done. Let's all beg the force to be with Delta Flight; especially in the Dizzy Bat Relay and the Tug-o-war. Delta Dogs all the way, baby!
  14. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    It's all good Toasty. We're all about unfinished costumes at events. You should see my Kyle-in-Progress costume at the Cine Capri photos on the phxff.net

:p
  15. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Talk about unfinished costumes... I still wear hiking boots and my robe is safety-pinned together for my Jedi outfit. It's all part of the fun! :)
  16. ToastyMcGrath Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll bet you anything that when I get home from the event it's gonna be on my doorstep.
  17. Darth_Rinku Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah it just might be there when you get back home, that's how it always happens,
    at least to me, I get stuff after 1800 (6pm) from UPS sometimes.
    It's really annoying, just like those stupid killographic people.

Blorsdales suck.

heehee.
  18. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    //cough//sputter//

I WILL be there no matter what!!!!!

EDIT: I just mapquested and it will take me 2 hours so . . . I better get to moving!
  19. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs*

As I have three finals on Monday and much homework to finish for chemistry and brief calculus, I regret that I will not be able to make an appearance at Toy Anxiety today. :( :_| I'm sure you'll all manage to survive without me. ;) :)
  20. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    I've never understood how calculus (or anything math related) could be called "brief."

I won't be around either today, for similar reasons (none of them involving calculus, however).
  21. ToastyMcGrath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Best... toy drive..... ever.
  22. LORDPARSEC Jedi Master

star 4
    THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME AND HELPED OUT TODAY!

...And of course, to those who donated toys for the event at all the meetings (I know it got annoying at times)!

Some last minute PFF donations brought the total to 150 Toys!

Toy Anxiety with the Marines Just Today, collected close to 1,000 toys! That's not including what Ron has in his warehouse that he's meeting the total with! :D

There were many large donations today but as far as Ron and I could tell, PFF donated the most toys at the event!

I hope this event inspires more PFF-ers to organize events like this where the PFF acts in it's comunity (It was very easy to do and if you ever have any questions about it, let em know). I have plenty of other ideas for the new year, and I hope to share them with you in the coming months...

God Bless you all! And have the happiest of holidays!

PS. Please see ChoadsGirl's post about adopting a family! Another good holiday cause! :) Thanks!
  23. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This was a great event! Lots of fun!! Thank you, LP for all the hard work you put into this. Not only did we do this for a good cause, we also got to enjoy ourselves too!

Also, pleasestop by the TFF thread to thank AoErat who came up from Tucson! He's a great guy and deserves a huge round of applause especially for pysching me out (I had NO idea it was him in that stormtrooper outfit! [face_shocked])

And Choad, I'm looking forward to seeing the Dance of the Trooper and Queen! [face_laugh] Perhaps we can get Webb to put that to The Nutcracker Dance of the Sugar Plum Princess [face_laugh] [face_shocked]

EDIT: LJC, you missed my red velvet dress, tee hee! ;)
  24. DarthFeldman Jedi Master

star 4
    woohoo.. had fun.. :)
    umm.. and that Feldman sign was nifty!

now, if only i had that darn pewter Sy Snootles..

soon... you will be mine!!!
    :)
  25. ToastyMcGrath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Although I am a bit upset that I didn't think of it before Darth left.... I wanted to get a pic of me and him. You know, rebel and imperial. (Why can't we be friends?) Oh well, next time I'll catch the dark lord... next time...

And speaking of pictures, I can't wait for the group pic we took to get up and running on the site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.