Toy Backrounds

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    I just wanted everyone to know that my friend the computer artist is going to start making custom Star Wars backrounds for figure diplays. I had told people earlier last year, but he did not have the time...now he is free. They will be around 11x 17 and in full color. Some of them might be 3-D in there look..ala punch out.

The problem is we have so many ideas of what could be done, we don't know where to start first.

I would like to have him try a "Jango's Apt." backround. Then the little Boba, Jango, OB-Won, and cloner could be in it.

But I need ideas.

Please write your thoughts below. Remember they already have Jabba's palace and Cantina out as a backround. I really want these to be special. I have never seen anyone do these, except for the ultradisplay...and then they are pretty plain.

He will be using photoshop, and some 3-D programs to make this stuff look as real and dimensional as possible. Also- within scale of the figures (3 3/4)- so here is your chance if you like this kind of stuff.

Thanks.

P.S.- If the first few work, he is considering doing more later on for other films (toys). LOTR etc.
  2. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about the Bespin apartment common room or the Bespin dining room from ESB? That might be interesting, and somewhat unusual. :)
  3. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    The carbon freeze platform, Jabba's main room, Owen and Beru's house from Episode 4. Challenging and very cool.
  4. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    - Bridge of the Star Destroyer with the bounty hunters getting their instructions from Vader

- C3PO telling the stories to the Ewoks

- Bunker Raid on Endor

- Over the Sarlaac Pit

- The Pod prep area before the race

- Yoda teaching the Younglings in the Jedi Temple
  5. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Personally, I'd like to see the Hoth command center or hangar; also any type of rebel ship-board hangar (like the hangar aboard "Home One" in ROTJ).
  6. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Throne Room in the 2nd Death Star; you could only have 3 figures in that one (so it's kind of limited), but it's always been my favorite... :)
  7. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    O.K. here is the list...or at least the ones we will attempt. A lot of this is based on the fact I have good reference material, so lets hope this works. Matt will be usuing both Photoshop and 3DMax to make these backrounds, not to mention a lot of computer painting. So fok's for those who have figures...the list!

1. Darth Vaders Star Destroyer Bridge

2. The Sandcrawler aka. Droid Sale (11x34)

3. The Pit of Carkoon...Yes that's right!

4. The Carbon Freezing Chamber-backdrop..
    (this allows you to use the toy that was relased a while ago... also (11x34)

5. Jano Fett's apt. Interior only...

6. The Bespin Dining Room (2 Angles) this one will also come with a ceiling!

That's it for the 1st go around. As soon as we get the 1st 3 done I will let everyone know. I might have them ready for Convergence!

Eric
  8. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    awesomeness! I would like to see a Dagobah one I think that would be kinda cool I like the droid sale one! that is super cool! cant wait to see them at convergence, Lord willing I will be there :) Dagobah's really the only one that I can think about off the top of my head. So if I think of anymore ideas I'll be sure to post 'em.

Forcebewitya!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.