main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Toy/Collectibles Show in December! Expomart Monroeville!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The Monroeville expomart is having a Toy/Collectibles Show on Dec 7th & 8th. I believe the cost is $5 each day. This is not just SW but many other toy lines. I'm planning on going probably just Sat (7th), so if any others care to meet me there let me know. We can go out for dinner afterward. (Kind of an unofficial meeting, just hanging out, no itinerary, just talk)

2. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Ooo I wanna go. But I would probably pick Friday. My hubs is off that day and I have no clue as to how to get around in Monroeville, plus, 2 of me 3 chillins would be in school that way, lol.

Oh well. :D

Tina

3. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Sal, I'll be there as always(except for the May show this yr. we were all in Indianapolis for C2)

I'm meeting a bunch of the guys(tronzo, Bill, Mike, JJ usually is there, Vaughn may come in, etc.) from pswcs as usual. We usually get there around 9:15-9:30ish show usually opens around 10:00. We're probably gonna meet somewhere after(haven't worked out the details yet) Unfortuantely the show seems smaller every year, I used to take hours up and down the aisles, but usually cruise through pretty quick.

Probably see you there dude.

4. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Sounds cool, I might try to make it down myself.

5. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I was at the last toy show they had very nice. I got my 300th Boba Fett figure there. I will be there on Saturday with Mrs. Da Pimp. We always go to an establishment that deals with owls when we are over there.

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Cool, so let's try to plan something.

Who can make it Sat the 7th? Sun the 8th?
    What time do you plan on going?
    Would you like to meet afterward for dinner? Where?

I'll be going Sat, early (probably meet the guys from PSWCS). I will definitely be going out to eat afterward. The usual Eat and Park in Monroeville. Somewhere else is fine, just need suggestions.

7. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    A classy establishment about OWLS

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Even though this is not an official meeting, I'd like to keep it PG. If some of the younger members can make it to the expomart, I want to be able to include them in our afterplans.

9. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002

I see family's there all of the time

10. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    I could try and make it on Sat the 7th.
    Time and place to eat doesn't matter.

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    While Hooters does not have nudity, it is the way that the women are paraded about in skimpy clothing that makes it more than PG.

I am not going to disillusion myself into believing that many teens haven't already seen this or more, I just don't want to be the one responsible for adding to the corruption of a minor. As City Rep, I have to maintain the appearance of a responsible adult and while I can't make anyone not go, I will not go there, whether this be unofficial or just for "fun".

So my suggestion still stands for those that prefer a family atmosphere.

(BTW, Lando, I'm not trying to shut you down on this, but I have a responsibility to the group and I must adhere to it.)

12. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    dude I'm just "having fun with you"

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I have to ask you to refrain from using those words in that context.

If you want to go to Hooters that is your choice.

I just feel responsible to the group and have to conduct myself accordingly.

14. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    whoa there buddy.

I haven't said anything that is that bad. Relax a little bit. Your taking this a bit too far. Don't worry about it I wasn't serious about the "establishment that deals with owls" thing.

LDP

For all you people I have edited all the messages that could possibly have something offensive. Sorry if they don't make sense

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hooters is a ripoff.

16. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Ew EW Me me me I'm coming

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    By that do you mean the convention, Chad?

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What is wrong with Hooters if this isn't an official event?

19. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'm interested in going. Sat would be best since I have Steeler tix for the next day.

20. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Duh, I misread, I thought the convention was friday and saturday when it actuality it is on saturday and sunday.

The hubs is on daylight that saturday (unless the switch daylight to midnight again, ugh). Anyways, what's the times? He would get home about 2:30. As I stated before, I have NO clue about how to get around down there, but he does. If we get to attend, the children would be with us and I won't go to the owl place, then or, well, anytime, lol. ;)

Tina aka RebelDawn

21. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry LDP & Rox, but agree with RD & Sal = won't take the kids to owlly places. I don't see any reason we won't be there. We will just have the kids in tow.

I'm not sure which I'm more concerned with:
    Having the kids at a toy show and hearing the "I want me's"

or having the Mr. at a toy show and hearing the "I want me's"

:D j/k hun

22. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Can't attend- play.. :)

23. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    You joke around and suddenly its a debate on Hooters Good or BAD!!!

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    It isn't even a matter of the Owly place being good or bad. (Yes, I've been to them before, years ago, when I was in the military.) I just don't think it's appropriate for it to be mentioned on this site since we do have minors coming to it.

I guess some of my own personal opinion got in the way here. I don't want to seem to be stepping on anyone's toes here, so let's just keep this thread about the show. Once there we can disuss the location ot the plans they sent.... I mean restaurant, afterward. (Sorry, you all know I can't pass up a chance to quote)

25. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    The time...??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.