main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Toy/Collectibles Show in December! Expomart Monroeville!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Not to try and make this an issue but... I've eaten there with my family before. I really don't see anything wrong with it.

2. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I think the comment that HOOTERS shouldn't be mentioned is BS. Everybody knows about the place. I think everybody is old enough here to know.

Its not like I went in to any detail about the place. Sal you took care of that

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I shall ask politely again, stay on target.

This thread is to be about the Toys and collectibles show and who can attend that function only.

Since there is an obvious disagreement of thoughts concerning where to eat afterwards, please, again, let's just discuss this after the show.

I will apoligize (sp?) if some think I'm taking the moral high road, but I find the public explotation of women demeaning and can not and will not support it. (Again, yes, I've been to them before, but that was 10 years ago and I was a different person then. Through time I have changed and now find such establishments demoralizing, and to women in particular.)

Suffice it to say that I will not be going there afterwards. My personal feelings aside, I am in a commited relationship and would find it reprehensible of me, if I were to go to such a place. We all know what this place is known for and it's not the chicken wings. If members from this group choose to participate, I cannot stop you from doing so, and wouldn't try to, but for the sake of the minors on the board I suggest we maintain a level of decency and morality on the boards.

Please, no more discussion about this.

Only the Toy and Collectible Show.

Thank You
    ?Sal

4. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    (rolls eyes)

I will be there on Saturday. Maybe I will get to meet some of you guys.
    I will wear a penquins jersey again since I never met anybody.

LDP

5. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    What's the admission cost? What time does it open and close?

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Admission price is $3 for kids under 12. Everyone else is $5.

The show runs from 10 am?4pm both days.

I got this info confirmed through the Expomart.

7. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Thanks for the times and prices. We're going to try and make it. Hubs doesn't get offa work until 2:30. I may have to suck it up and drive to Monroeville <gulp> myself, with the kids....<shudder>

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If I can wake up I will come, but that's very doubtful!

9. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Rebel ~ what general area are you coming from? If it's on our way - you could follow us. If that would make things easier for you.

How old are your kids?

10. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Sal, and anyone else planning on attending, I'll see you there Sat. A.M.

I'll probably run the show floor probably in less than 2 hrs. Of the 2 shows(Spring and Dec.) The Dec. show is usually a little better, but with Ebay and everything, the shows(and not just this one) just don't seem to be what they used to be. I used to do a ton of trading/buying/selling/etc. but now, I usually pick a few things to grab. Usually not a ton of "steals" like there used to be.

The last few deals I got at the show were for some promotional items I got cheap. Also a few Hamilton plates to add to that part of the collection(I think I got them for under $10/plate-not too bad) and last year I got a nice Pepsi promotional packet that I was looking for and surprisingly someone had the whole kit at the show. Tronzo lucked out this year, while we were all manning the pswcs booth at C2, he came back Sun. AM caught the show and snagged a blue snaggletooth for $5!!!!!!!!!! That things was as mint as can be....it's like a $140+fig! Lucked out!

11. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    OK for reference sake, who is goign what days so I know when i should go and with who i am going...

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I will be there first thing on Saturday. (Probably waiting in the cold at least a half hour before hand.)

13. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Mrs_Jedi-

I'm coming from Steubenville. I have been to the expomart a couple times, but the hubs always drove. I guess I can get directions from mapquest or have him write them down for me if I get to come.

My kids are 12, 9 and 2...yours?

I plan on sending my info to you, but I will probably message you with it. I've never used that feature before, I'll figure it out ;).

Thanks for the offer of following. Are you on the way for me?

14. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    I can answer for her,RD.Um,firstly we're in the opposite direction from you,Kittanning to be exact.So for us and you,the Expo is "meeting in the middle".Sounds to me that if you get on Rt.22 you can get right to the Expomart,as 22 passes right in front of it,can't get much easier than that.
    To send a PM,just pick & click a name from the blue header at the top or click on a username and their profile comes up,in there at the top should be an option to send PM.
    Our girls are just a lil' younger....um 4.5 mos and 4.5 yrs.
    Anything else that I may be of help with,just ask...

15. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmmm, maybe I missed it, but when and where exactly are we all meeting?

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    We haven't really set any "official" time to meet. I posted the times it's going to be open and how much. Anyone have a particular time in mind to meet? Let's hear some ideas and decide on it. If noone cares what time then we could just leave it open.

17. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Saturday, hmmm, friday hmmmmm, many choices there are. One to choose we must.

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Ah, well, as it turns out, I won't be going to the Toy and Collectible show on either day.

Hope you guys have fun and tell us all about it!

19. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    guys my mom is working there...if anyone would like to come with me around 4:30 sat or on sunday I'll try and get us in free.

20. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    Jedi-

Thanks for the info. As I said, I've been there, but never did the driving so I didn't pay attention. And since I'm not from this area like my husband, I don't remember the names of places and/or roads. I know, I'm lame.

You're kiddies are lots younger than mine. I'm old, lol.

And Stina...4:30? I thought the show ended at 4? Did I misread? Sorry if I did, I'm still learning.

21. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Not a problem,anything to help out.But still,it should be easy for you to get there. And no,you're not old (coz I'm older than you,even if,not by much).
    No you didn't missread,Master Sal posted 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ...hey Stina,what's up wit dat?

22. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Not sure if I'll be able to attend or not.. Have to see closer to the time. ^_^

23. RebelDawn

Nov 6, 2002
    After more consideration, I don't think I'll be coming :( I am driving on a flat and don't wanna go that far on it. Will be a week or so before I can get some new treads on the "cool mama mini" lol

24. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002

I picked up some cool stuff though:

2 Empire Burger King Glasses
    and a David Hasselhoff figure.

25. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I actually got to go!!
    *yay!*
    Picked up some christmas presents and a never opened darth vader eraser from ROTJ still in the box, only $1!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.