main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Toy/Collectibles Show in December! Expomart Monroeville!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    My list o stuff I got

MiG-29 Fulcrum

Su-27 Flanker

A-7 Corsair II

Spitfire MK II

Me-262A

Luke in X-wing THE VERY FIRST ONE!

Darth Vader

Darth Maul lightsaber

Jango Fett helmet (Yep I'm doing the whole shebang as soon as I recover $$ wise)

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well, I had a good time. I found some good deals. Here is the small list as well as descriptions:

Yoda 12in scale
    (he's really only about 4-5 inches himself but is inscale with the 12in line. I really wanted this one. I never found him retail and the specialty stores that I go to want way to much for him. It went for $12-15 retail. I got it for $20. A good deal since he is hard to find and has been out for awhile.

12 in Chancellor Valorum w/ 12in Blue Coruscant Guard.
    Nice set that was originally an exclusive. KB's had then on clearance awhile ago but I never found this then either. Retail was $50 (approx). I picked it up for $35 again a good deal for the rarity.

Wedge w/ Falcon carring case. This I got for Terry. He has been asking me to look for it for him and although I found it on the net for a good price ($25) I found an even better price of $15 at the show. That's a great deal. I think this sold for the same price or a little more at retail.

Finally! Okay so Tony can kick me for not waiting but I am impatient at time but I got a lightsaber. Not just a toy one but a machined one. It looks AWESOME! Yeah, I paid more than I probably should have for this and even though I know I could the exact same thing or better, I just don't have the time so I got it. The "blade" is a cylinder of colored plexiglass. The choices were (at that time) red, blue and green. The toy vendor said he had purple and orange as well but had already sold out of them by the time I got there. The red was okay but was rather dark and didn't "glow". The blue was a pale blue and while it had a glow, it was not that bright. Now the green one though, whoo-hoo, it shimmers like a real saber. So that's what color I picked. I paid $100 for this and can honestly say it was worth it. I'm getting all kinds of great ideas from it.
    Anyhoo, the show is still going on today from 10am-4pm so go and have fun.
    Beware that many things are priced high but you can usually talk them down some. Carrie was good for that yesterday.

I guess I should mwntion that...
    I met up with Tony, Carrie and their daughters as well as Tom/Corran and Whitney/Saberpilot. They got there around 1:30-2:00. I got there at 9am.
    I ran into some of the guys from the Pennsylvania SW collecting club. Putzed around with them in the early day.
    I had some extra figures that I wanted to get rid of so I asked those guys if they might be interested. I sold figures for $3 each and some sets for $12. They bought quite a bit.

Only snag I had all day was that I was supposed to trade Tony for some toys and I forgot to bring them. Good news was that Carrie had the toys they were trading air shipped and hadn't received them yet. No harm, no foul.

I think Whitney and Tom saw a little bit of the Darkside in me from the way I was dealing with the vendors.

After the show we all decided to go out to eat and met up with Chris/greencat anf her padawan Tina/Stina-cri.

Good times

I'm thinking next year we could have a table as a group. One for those of us who want to sell of stuff and also to promote the group. The tables were only $55 a 6ft table for both days together. That's not a bad deal at all.

Well, just an idea.

Plenty, of Ephant Mon figures but most vendors were selling them for $15 or $20. Some went as high as $30.

Well, happy hunting and as always..
    MTFBWY!
    ?Sal

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    There is a toy store in the Northway mall on McKnight Road and their Star Wars stuff is 40% off. They didn't have much, but it's still 40% off.

4. 1Bobafett14

1Bobafett14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2001
    Fun time as always!

Good to see Sal and everyone at the show. Some of the vendors there I only get to see a few times a year. Sal had some great deals on figs and stuff, just don't ask him for a dime bag ;^)

Stuff I grabbed at the show:

A kubricks style Boba Fett in a nice silver tin-$10(he wanted $12) had to have it. These Japaneese lego looking(for those who haven't seen them) are unbelieveable, I passed on the 2 pack and the clone trooper set the guy had.

The vintage Yoda board game-only need one more board game to have all of them made(except the foriegn versions) got this and a Marvel comic #90(only need a few more for the set of 107. both for $10

Split a 10 pack of the foriegn clone troopers with another buddy, $5/ea. 2 different poses. HE wanted $75 but Bill talked him down to $50-a little pricey, but I only wanted one ea. not the entire set, so $10 was good for me.

A vintage Lando Skiff complete about C-9 for $6- good deal, just can't find one mint, usually the silver paint is slightly rubbed or something.

another buddy grabbed me the 4 newer accessory packs at Traget in Altoona-kinda tuff to find. Also traded some TRU freebie comics, now have all 4.

About 7-8 of us went back to my place after to watch The lost auditions-kinda neat to see Kurt Russell, Cindy Williams(Laverne & Shirley), William Katt(The greatest american hero), Christopher Walken, etc. auditioning with Hammill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

Also watched the Holiday special :^( I can't stand it personally-the Fett cartoon is about the only good thing about it, but a couple guys wanted to see it so.......well, they were warned, also watched the AOTC bloopers, SW on Oprah, etc.. Had some raffles, got to see what everyone got at the show, trade some stuff, talk SW, all in all a real fun day!

Later,
    Bob(bobafett14)

5. ArgonVesher

ArgonVesher Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Sorry all that I missed it and missed meeting you all. I am still busy making things nice in our new house, so things are a bit hectic. Of course, my computer room (aka, the Star Wars room) is mostly set up...mow i just have to finish putting my figures and such things out for display. My Yoda lightsaber was the first to go up and loks great in its display case (I have #69 btw, guess I got lucky at Celebration II in getting one that low of a number, but 69! ;) ) Kinda funny at that. Anyway I hope they have another Toy expo soon, I'd love to go and see what there is. BTW, I was thinking it might be kinda fun to have a thread on here about what each of us thinks is the best or favorite or most worthwile things they have in their collections. Someone can start it up if they want, or I will, thought it'd be neat.

6. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Oh yeah,was a definate blast!Got to see LOTS of stuff I haven't seen in years!A few of the things I did get will alow me to further plans to complete my "hobby" room.Just simple stuff really,like a DV action figure case,a vintage 12" 3PO,but my biggest fun was watching Mrs.'66 start filling in lots-o gaps in furthering her Leia/Padme' collection and watching Saberpilot fly from here to here and then to there and back again,and to put my padawan under Master Sal's wing for some guide and instruction.
    The "doin' our own table idea is great,keep it tucked under our hats,let's do it next time.

7. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    ^_~
    But there was so much to look at, master jedi..
    In all seriousness, I saw a million things that I wanted, but couldn't afford.
    My prize possession? Probably the lightsaber my master made for me.. *huggles saber*
    My future prize possession (for one day, in the future, I shall own it) shall be a stuffed ewok.. ^_^

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    YES! ~ it was fun to blow so much money :)

On the cheap side of things ~ I have a lead on the acrylic blades. One of our vendors is affiliated with the company that makes them. My vendor is trying to get me a free sample. I'll keep ya posted :D Maybe I can get some free blades for all our pretty sabers :D

9. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I almost spent a ton of money.

But couldn't spend the money they wanted for some of the figures that I want.

I was however able to part with the $2.00 for the David Hasselhoff figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.