main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Toy Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I saw this thread on another board and thought it was a cool idea...
    Duane's post of: "BTW for anyone who collects Star Wars Toys K-mart in Greece has the VOTC Kenobi, Solo and Leia this morning. $9.99 but, way worth it!" just reminded me of it.

People who collect Star Wars toys or other collectibles can post here if they find some new toys somewhere, if there's a big sale on toys somewhere or if they need help finding a particular toy.

I looked at the Greece Big K but didn't see any sign of the VOTC figures. I did however find 3 sets of Galactic Hero figures for Connor that we didn't have yet so I'm really glad I headed over there.

~Doc_Bev

2. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    While I was at the Greece Target yesterday I picked up my first glass/figure set. All they had there was ANH Obi-Wan. Have people seen these sets at other Targets?

I also stopped at the Greece Wal-Mart yesterday and found 4 figures that I didn't have yet: Admiral Ozzell, Bossk, Dengar and one other that I can't remember the name of. Wal-Mart seems to be by far the cheapest place to buy figures.

~Doc_Bev

3. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I found the first 11 figs in the OTC collection at Wal-Mart in Canadaguia on Saturday. Lame Figures but, cool packing!

Duane (TD-027)

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Okay, I was looking for water guns at K-Mart tonight (in my hometown) and I saw the new 12 inch classic Luke and 12 inch classic Fett. That and the classic trilogy figures of Han, Leia and Obi-Wan.

Aside from the packaging on the four inch figures, I wasn't all that impressed. Of the three I saw, I think Han looked the best but it's almost like they threw fabric pieces on them so they were similar to the old line of toys. I mean, Leia had a fabric skirt and her top was all wrinkley - I'm assuming it was supposed to be the trash scene...maybe?

I don't know, I just wasn't about to pay $10.99 for a four inch figure just to have it...especially if I don't like it that well. Back when the POTF line came out, I was die hard I'd get EVERYTHING. Then, when Episode I came out and they made five variations of Qui-Gon (for example) with one difference (blowing hair, with jedi breather, with removable lightsaber blade, etc) I got kinda disillustioned and it kinda seems like the toy companies were taking advantage of collectors. Now I'm picky about what I buy.

Okay, end rant. ;) Just wanted to let you know what's down my way!

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I know what you mean hothgirl, I have a lot of farm boy lukes and ANH Hans. I do not need another one for $10.99. How in the heck can they even come close to justifiing that price? I am only buying figures of stuff they have not done yet. I do not care how cool the cards look since I have been a straight opener for a long time now. If they were closer to $5 I would probably go for them. What is funny is that they are also re releasing some of the same versions of the charrectors from before at the same time.

6. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    If anyone is collecting the 38 OTC Figures, I found #26 Luke Bespin, #28 Bossk at Greece Wal*mart this morning. They still had (1) Bossk #28 (1) Greedo #22 (1) Bespin Luke #26 (1) Darth Vader I think #11 (1) Han Solo I think #6. I am going to check Irondiquiot after work, I'll post what I find!

TD-027 (Duane).

7. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I'm excited, actually... I found Captain Antilles at WalMart in Chili- but he's not there anymore, he found a nice new home....

8. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    I like the Captain Antilles Figure as well! It's pretty cool how Hasbro sculpted in the chocking Motion! Speaking of sculpting I can't wait for the Unleashed Stormtrooper & Tusken Raider, I just got the Clonetrooper, Way to cool! Here I am 33 years old and I still buy more toys for myself, than I do for my son! I'm a Star Wars toy Addict. Do you think there is a 12 step recovery program for people like me??

Duane (TD-027)

9. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Nope- no 12 steps for you. You're doomed for life, LOL. At least you can kind of blame your toys on your baby- I don't think I could get away with blaming toy purchases on my dog... My current living situation curbs most toy purchasing, though- most of my stuff is in storage, including my toys, so if I want to keep them together, I have to take it to storage... but there are exceptions. I think Captain Antilles should come live on my desk at work.

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I headed over to the Greece Wal-Mart, but they only had #22 Greedo left. :(
    Guess I'll have to try some other places for the rest.

~Doc_Bev

11. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey All,
    Is anyone here a member of Hyperspace? I would love to order the Halographic Emperor but, I'm kinda stuck by this whole Fanclub transition to Lucasfilm. I had renewed just before Paizo got out, DOH! Now I don't want to spend the 39.99 to sign up for Hyperspace when I have 5 more issues of the insider owed to me. Anyway to make a long story short if anyone is going to order the Halo Emperor and can order an extra for me, I would really appreciate it. I'll even pay for the shipping on both our figures. Thanks!

Duane TD-027

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    If you keep your figures mint in package, good luck with any figs from the new club. I ordered a Silver trooper from them and it was disgusting how poorly it arrived. I heard they were packing them better so I ordered a second one and I guess what I heard was wrong. It came in even worse shape. The card was bent 90% with a smashed bubble. I then went with what I should have done to begin with and went to ebay for MIP. Also they ended up being for everyone so maybe the Emperor willl. I am not Hyperspace either. I renewed before the change over as well. I do not have road runner so I do not know if it would be worth it.

13. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd have called the fan club and complained. What's the worst they can say, tough? I

In all seriousness, they sent you out a product and when it arrived it wasn't what you expected (i.e. bent cards and smashed bubbles) so they should've taken care of it. You paid for a good product and you got less.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just picked up the 3 sets of prequel trilogy Galactic Heroes at the Greece Toys R Us today. They are Padme/Anakin, Yoda/Clone Trooper and Jango/Obi-Wan.

Also decided I wanted to get into the Unleashed figures and have started picking up some of those where I can. I have so found so far: Darth Maul, Han Solo, Chewbacca & X-Wing Pilot Luke.

~Doc_Bev

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just picked up a small cart load of new figures from the Greece Target. Including a bunch of the Vintage reproductions like Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Chewbacca and a few more. Plus some of the regular OTC line like Bespin dress Leia, Yoda, C-3PO, Boba Fett, clean R2-D2, Wicket and a couple others. Now to find a place to put them all...

~Doc_Bev

16. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Which of the original vintage 12" figures are they reproducing? A few weeks ago, I checked out how different Luke seemed from the original, but then again, my puppy back then made his own modifications to him and his grappling hook. lol I'm surprised that puppy survived the wrath of a 10 or 11 year old after that feast. Years later, I found Han's missing gun in the grass - I wonder how that got there. ;-)

17. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    Collecting stuff is what I am into, far more than costuming. (Although college has DRASTICALLY limited my financial support of George Lucas' own kids' college funds, these past few years....)

A few weeks ago, I saw some of the action figures with the glasses at the Target here in Henrietta (near Marketplace Mall, off Jefferson Road).
    Dunno if they have any left or not, but in case you are looking, you might as well try it.

I actually own the complete 12 glass set from Burger King, from the original 3 movies... I think I may have 1 or 2 doubles, if anyone is interested in those. I bought them at prices ranging from $8 -$18, but you can make an offer. ;)

Additionally, I try to focus mostly on Original Trilogy materials and theatrical print movie posters. From my own collection, I have quite a few "Episode One" still-packaged figures that are no longer on my priority list of things to keep. I would be happy to sell them at $5.00 each if any one is interested.

OH ... some of you know all this, but...
    If anyone wants to view or make a copy of "The Star Wars Holiday Special" circa Thanksgiving 1978, (God and the Force, both, help you if this is voluntary **shivers from bad memories of 3 hours of non-translated Wookie**)... I have a copy of it on VHS if you want to borrow it, along with a compiled "Spoofs & Parodies" tape, "THX 1138" (origianl version), and the award-winning short "George Lucas in Love" -- all on VHS -- and, lastly, an interview with concept artist & matte painter Ralph MacQuarrie, on DVD.

Just let me know. :)
    ~Molly

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think I've found 1/2 of the figure/glass line, but am still missing Slave Leia and one other one I think.

We recently picked up the Holiday Special on DVD while we were at CNSFX (of course we couldn't find it yesterday when TD-027 wanted to see it - but I'm sure it's around here somewhere). I don't think I've seen any of the others you've mentioned.

~Doc_Bev

P.S. Since buying/selling is against board rules, don't be surprised if someone comes along and edits out your post.

19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Oh Yeah. Just don't mention prices and use Private Messages. Write something like this (if anyone is interested in such and such PM me) That sort of thing.

20. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Nicky,

Nice Find on the VOTC, Return of the Jedi Collection. I want the Stormtrooper BAD! Were there any left after you purchased yours??

Duane

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think there were a couple left after I was done picking out mine.
    I have to return something else to that store and can get one for you if there's one still (and if you don't find one yourself in the meantime).

~Doc_Bev

22. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Nicky,
    That would be sweet! I appreciate it! The VOTC Stormtrooper looks awesome, plus everyone will want one for a trooper builder. Ugh!

Duane

23. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    You cant talk about trading or selling or related stuff on here? really?? crazyness...
    Can we do it at meetings? Ya' know, like in my Collector's Corner thing?

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've been told that buying & selling on the boards is agains the TOS (terms of service) located as http://boards.theforce.net/tos.asp. I just went re-read them and didn't notice any mention of buying or selling. I'm assuming these rules must be listed elsewhere.

However, at the meetings we can do whatever buying & selling we'd like to.

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I had started this thread a while ago with similar a intent. Since then I've moved over to rebelscum.com for the action figure collecting part of my SW addiction. :)

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.