main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Toy & Comic Fest BBQ

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Just putting the idea of a bbq after the toy show on the 20th not sure if this messes up the other bbq planned for sometime this month with the edmonton fanforce. But thaught I would try and get some feedback from everyone before trying to plan this. Both Calgary Fanforce and 501st would be welcome and it would be at my place in the NW. Have to run this by the wife but she shouldn't have a problem with it.

I will be working the show on the 20th so it would take place after and it being on a saturday I think most everyone could attend. So if your down for another good star wars gathering please post. If it seems like a good ideal I'll make it official in the next few days.

Thanks

2. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I am free all Saturday..so what ever the group is up for...I'm in.

3. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I'm all over it!

BTW, when is everyone meeting for the Toy and Comic Fest, and are we doing it in costume?

Justin

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'd love to get together afterwards...but unfortunately I can't. It's my brothers' last day in town, and I'm already ditching them for a few hours to come to the Toy Fair :(

Next time....

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes we are doing the Fair in costume. I think we are going to meet up outside first and then go in as a group. More details to follow.

Ryan

btw I might be able to make a BBQ after the fair.

6. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    sounds cool! a few of us are coming from Edmonton. eating and getting drunk sounds awesome!

--not sure whats happening though with everyone else though.

7. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I'm there!

8. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm not sure but I beleave the 501st already have a bbq that day at Jordon's new place. I'll need to look and get back to you on this one.

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Just giving this post a bump to see if people are still interested if so please post.

10. alexandertrooper1

alexandertrooper1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I wish I could come but as I said we promised jordan we would go to his :( oh well its not like I'll not see you at all that day lol.

11. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I am still interested! I think a BBQ afterwards would be great!

12. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Ok I'll make it offical any fanforce member and 501st member is welcome to attend. The bbq will be after the toy show on saturday so please feel free to bring something to it like food, salad, desert, whatever. If someone wants to bring a game that cool too I'll send out a PM with my address to everyone and please send reply back so I know how many are coming. Should be fun time can't wait.

13. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Sorry, but just can't make the BBQ. Dr Haggis and I have an engagement at Gull Lake later that evening, so we'll be driving down right after the Comic & Toy Fair, and won't be able to attend...

*** note to self; bring a change of clothes to change out of Jedi Robes before heading to the lake. ;)

What TIME are we meeting before the Comic & Toy Fair?

14. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I think we should meet at Riley park across the street from the community center at 10am. or we could all go for breakfast?

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.