main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Toy drive: Oct. 14, 9am-evening

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Sep 26, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, this is the official Toy Drive thread for October 14th, 9am-til we drop. This is in front of the Gamestop on Wetmore/1st. Bring everyon you can. We need to advertise this as well, so Ill make up a flyer and post it on the photbucket site, so anyone can download it, and take it to some where they would be interested (like R Galaxy,Toys R Us, KB ;))

2. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I can find out about putting it in the "tuesday" a weekly newsletter to every store in the mall. Get me a flyer ASAP

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    have we confirmed the date with Joe yet

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Per the mighty Mugen, yeah

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I would like to advertise this in the Tucson Weekly bulletin board. It cost 5$ per line with a maximum of 7 lines. With the way money is right now, I can only contribute about $10. Can anyone else throw in about 5$? If so PM me and Ill send you my Paypal address, the cut off is Tuesday for anything in the next issue (before our event)

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I posted the flyer for the toy drive here:
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Random%20TFF%20Pictures/TFFToyDrive.jpg

if anyone wants to distribute it, right click on it and save it to your computer, I think it is already sized for printing.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    very nice poster.. I printed one.. about 6x9 is the size it turned out.. I can put it on a larger sheet of construction paper and frame it for posting around town.. it will work nicely.

good job D!!

How many of these can we get up in the next few days!! I will commit to getting this poster to the grant and campbell bookman's and the speedway bookman's.. and I will call coffee exchange and see if the owner will allow us to post it at his business as well. Also I will ask Casa Video if we can post it there as well, obviously we can put it up at gamestop.. I am assuming Dustin is already working on that though.. what about the other gamestops?

how about Cinnabon.. Chris.. can you post this there at Cinnabon??

also I will check with the library.

I don't want to duplicate asking.. so if you plan on going somewhere specific let me know and I will not go to that place.

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    @&#@(*#&KIN' PHOTOBUCKET RESIZED IT!

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    A couple of problems with the poster.
    1) Chewbacca's shortened name is spelled C-H-E-W-I-E
    2) Just found out yesterday from the knee doctor that I am not going to be cleared for work until October 20th. So I don't think it would be a good idea to be up on stilts before then. My employer would not find it amusing. Ergo, I need to withdraw my "costumed" presence from all TFF activities until after the 20th.

Short version: the Wookie is "gone" until after the 20th.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    who all will be at the toy drive in costume?

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, well so far the only place the flyer is up is at Game Stop, Ill change it.

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok, we are official this is going to happen, and KUAT may send a crew to cover it! Cat would you also send out notices to the other media outlets? THanks!

13. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I heard we may get a little DSG back up on this!

14. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Sorry, but I had to point this out:
    The Wookiee spelled "Wookie" wrong.
    Thought it was funny especially with the new license plate.

15. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Nihilus will be there... MUAHAHAHAAHH!!!! [face_skull]

16. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

Yes, Mike, it is quite amusing. It is going to be even more amusing when I start "spellchecking" EVERYTHING you post from now on.:mad: [face_whistling] [face_thinking]

Oh, when will the "fun" end..?:D :p :D

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    And this, Ladies and Gentlemen . . . and Creatures, is why you LET THE WOOKIEE WIN"

[face_laugh]

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Here's hoping this post gets where it is supposed too... I have been having problems for more than 24 hours now with posting.

Do we have what we need for saturday's toy drive.. Dustin are you bringing tables and chairs.. and what do you need for the rest of us to bring? Jake is bringing our big rolling bucket to collect toys in, and of course water.

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    If someone can bring a radio so we can have sme abckground music that would be great, or a standing fan for those wrapped in leather to avoid smelling like burnt bacon? Otherwise materials to makie some poster sized signs that say "Toy Drive" or "toy drive for TMC and UMC's kids" suff like that. Ill make one big sign, like the one at the katrina event, anyone have a long piece of canvas for a homemade banner that says toy drive? I was hoping for somrhting to be seen from the parking lot.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't have any canvas.. but I will bring some poster board for making signs.. along with markers for writing. Also we will need tape to hang stuff with.. strong tape for the walls as I remember.. or it will just fall down.

21. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Hey all...
    We have one (so far) vader and yoda fabric tablecloth that I will bring by for our table. Look at us a full grown fan force, with a vinyl banner and fabric table coverings...=D=

22. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Come a long way since I first brought (and so did Dustin) the plastic star wars table cloth and star wasr paper plates and cups.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Amber please bring the binder the with dsg hospital pics!

24. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Hey ya'll, I should probably be there around 11ish till 4pm. I am needed after that. if anyone needs to talk to me, pm me for my new number so we can coordinate. :)

25. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Yup. Its in the car. I meant to give it to you last Sat. OOps..