main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Toy finds

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RocketX, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    I found major quantities of Count Dooka and hanger duel Anakin this weekend. Wal-greens at the corner of Donelson Pike and Elm Hill Pike had at least 6 Dookas last night. They are not in the toy isle. They are with the swimming goggles and other summer stuff. They also had a couple of hanger duel Anakin. I found this same kind of case assortment at the Wal-greens off of exit 81 outside of Murfreesboro. That one had 6 Dookas and 6 Anakins. Is this a previously unreported case assortment? And for the variation hunters-there appears to be a variant of the Sidious hologram with Dooka. One looks down and one looks straight ahead.

Has anyone seen Luminara? I still need one. :(

2. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I found 2 Luminaras this Saturday at the KB at Cool Springs. I grabbed one for my brother and left the other one there. The girl working there talked like there were planty more in the back, so you may want to give them a try. The only catch? $7.99 is a little steep. May also want to try Target.

Walgreens is DEFINATELY the place to find Dooku.

Good luck!
    -Yoymaster

3. RocketX

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks Yoy :D Shes not there anymore. I guess there will be some a C2. Thanks TocketX

4. mynocknotyours

mynocknotyours Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Target Cool Springs was the last place I saw her...that was Saturday. If you are desperate to round out your collection I would be happy to hook you up with one at my cost, it's the least I can do, everone has been so helpful to me on this board. :)

Let me know, thanks
    tynocknotyours

5. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Just opened 4 cases of Orn Free Taa Wave at Wally World in Franklin/Cool Springs. Some of these new figs are better than others...the Massiff is awesome while Qui-Gon is just not very exciting at all. Orn Free Taa is such a great figure though-easily one of my newest faves.Fantasic paints on this one, and he's just sooooo wierd!!! I love it.
    Who knows if they will actually put these out tonight...there was so much product on the pegs already that I suspect they will simply put them back into the stockroom. Except for the ones I hung on the pegs myself....... [face_devil]

6. DrygarKenash

DrygarKenash Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Well Luminara is the only one I want that I have not even laid eyes on yet. She is the last find in my desperate quest (until tax refunds of course!)

I have to wonder though, is it just me or do all the Count Dooku face's look really less than sinister? I found a single one at Toy's R Us last week that actually looked like the villan face on the back of the card. but I didn't grab it when I could. Every one since has just looked like he is in pain.

7. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    TRU in Cool Springs has Bespin Wave!!! :D
    I got them all and left plenty behind, except Luke-only one left. Mace, Jango and Vader were plentiful. The girl that rang me up said there were figures in the back that they aren't putting out yet due to release dates...this is confusing because I am unaware of any that had shelf dates except for the initial April 23 waves. Maybe she's confused...

8. RocketX

Jan 24, 2002
    I have heard that there was a second release date of May 16, but that was because of the Yoda figure and the Anakin hanger duel figure having big spoilers. Since those figs are out now I thoght that the second release was over. A hunt may be in order for Thursday morning!

9. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    COOL SPRINGS TRU!!!!

Bloody hell! I was there yesterday. Then I went to WalMart to find that the figs I saw there the night before were gone.
    I am missin out left and right.

10. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    TONS TONS TONS of new figs at the target on lebanon road twords hermitige... only $5.99!!!

11. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Please help out with some directions to the Lebanon Rd Target. Remember I am coming from Clarksville. So I-24E to where?

And what figs did they have?
    I need the Bespin wave (#29-30) and the Massiff (#34)

12. RocketX

Jan 24, 2002
    loads of new figs at Nolensville Road Wal mart! Plenty of Royal Guard, Taun We, Luminara, Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Endor Rebel Soldier, Massiff w/ Geonosian, and Orn Free Taa.

13. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Out here in KY, I struck gold.

They had Mace - Arena Rescue, Jango final duel, Bespin Vader, Bespin Luke, Orn Free Taa, Massiff, Endor Rebel Soldier and finally a Yoda.

No sign of Palpatine though.

No Anakin hangar duel or Dooku's either, we haven't had them up here.

14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Hey, could someone please pick me up a Bespin Luke & Vader if you see extras. I'll square up with you at the line-party. I've been so busy with all this I haven't even had time to toy hunt since April 23rd. Thanks. :)

15. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll see if I can score any more tomorrow before I head on down Wed. morning.

16. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey Scott-
    I picked up the entire Bespin Wave for you this morning-not sure if you wanted Mace and Jango, you don't need to feel obligated to get them from me, I can always use them for trades. :)
    Also- do you have Dooku yet? If not, let me know- I'd like to give you one of mine to thank you for all your hard work lately. I wish my schedule let me participate more, so this is my way of showing my appreciation. It's not much but "oh well".
    THANKS SCOTT!!!
    I will bring the figs Wed. night. See y'all then...

17. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    THANK YOOOOUUUUUUUU!!! :D

18. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    mynocknot yours

Is it to late to beg you to pick me up a Bespin Like.

PLEASEEEE.

I have been able to pick everything but Luke. I have been to 3 stores with everything but Luke!

19. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Sure, no problem, as long as there's still any left after I get off work. If you wanna check before 5pm, I got them this morning at Wal Mart on Nolensville Rd.
    I'll post tonight whether or not I was able to score another.

20. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Bad news I'm afraid-I went to Wal Mart on my lunch break to try and score that Bespin Luke for you and there were none left. When I was there this morning I left behind at least 3-now all that's there are a few Vaders, Mace and Jango Final Battle. However, they also had 1 Luminara, 1 Red Guard, a few Taun We's and a Dexter Jettster, if anyone needs these. Sorry man-I tried! Do you want me to keep looking? I will go ahead and get 1 more Luke the next time I see one just in case.

21. Jediman

Jediman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2000
    Picked up Bespin Luke and Vader at TRU Cool Springs yesterday from an unopened case in the back. The catch, they were beat to hell in most cases. I got one bloody stump Luke and one peg stump.

I saw the hasbro rep, Kim, at TRU today and she was putting out a ton of Dooku, Yoda, Mace, Jango and Vader. Lukes were gone. She said Wal-Mart CS had some so I went and no luck. Got some nice condition Vaders though. They had a lot of Luminaras with full sticker on the side and a good selection of Clone Trooper's with the missing dots in the front photo variations.

Target in CS sucks. No help and same six sad figures.

BTW, she said she put out a bunch of Orn Frees and Palpy's at Wal-Mart in Clarksville.

22. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Did she really say that Palpatine is out? I was under the impression that one isn't due until June. I hope not though-saw it at the Hasbro display at Celebration 2 and it looked real sweet. If you find an extra please post ASAP! Thanks

23. Jediman

Jediman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2000
    All she said was that those two were on the shelf at WM in Clarksville. I seriously doubt they're still there and I'm not about to drive to clarksville for figures that'll eventually be here. She was cool about cracking cases for me though, unlike about 99% of store employees around here.

I have a feeling that there are a lot more hard to find figs sitting on shelves in stock rooms right now. If I see another Kit Fisto I'm gonna ralph!

And... She said Qui Gon was In Clarksville as well.

24. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Never fear! Toymaster is still alive and well, just without internet access in the home for the next few days. However, I have started a new job, and this one doesn't have eBay and Hotmail blocked out! (Pretty cool, huh?)

And now, onto the matters at hand...

First off, it was great to meet fellow collector Jediman this morning at the Cool Springs Wal-Mart.

Second, yes, Kim from Hasbro is always VERY helpful and friendly and more than happy to help out with "the hunt". If you ever see her around town, she's usually working in the toy departments of various retailers and wears a green Hasbro vest. Be sure to stop and say "hello", and remember--"she don't work there"!

And finally, my recent finds. Last night the Charlotte Pike Wal-Mart had Jangos, Vaders, and Maces, all in pretty banged-up shape. White Bridge Target had nothing yesterday or today. This morning, Cool Springs Target had nothing (as reported earlier), Cool Springs TRU had Vader, Mace and Jango (again banged up), and Cool Springs Wal-Mart had Vader, Mace, Jango and Luke, althought I think I got the last 2 Lukes (one for me, one for my brother). No sign of Orn Free Ta, Palpatine, Qui-Gon, Endor Soldier, or anybody else so far though.

A note of interest for you variation hunters: Luminara is now showing up with one solid sticker covering up "Removeable Cloak".

Guess I'll see everybody tomorrow at the line-up SOMETIME. I'll probably swing by on the way to work and then come by after work (around 11:30?) to officially take my place.

See ya'll there!
    -Toymaster

25. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Forgot to mention earlier that Cool Springs TRU had restocked a few of the cooler POTJ figs:
    Rebel Trooper
    Imperial Officer
    FX-7
    When I got there, there was no trace of the new Bespin Wave. I guess I got real lucky in the last few days.
    I have also read reports today that England has been seeing Djas Puhr Bouny Hunter on the shelves; they didn't mention what case assortment it was found in. Every time I think I can stop looking for a while, I hear something like this! The hunt continues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.