main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Toy finds

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RocketX, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Hey Toymaster! You may want to get to the line-party before 11:30 p.m. tomorrow or you will be sitting in the front row. The manager is probably going to let us in at 11:00 p.m.

2. Jediman

Jediman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2000
    5/15,
    One Yoda at WM CS and TRU CS has TRU Exclusive 12 inch Mace in stock.

3. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Thanks for tring to get me a Luke. If you would go ahead and still pick me one up if you can. I will buy it from you one way or another cause I am probably gonna open one. Besides with the variations on him I might get them all even though I am not big in variations.

So Clarksville is suppose to be stocked up huh. Well I checked on Tue before I left for the line party. Besides the before mentioned finds (in"rare figs" post) nothing new. I will check again today. It will have to wait until about 5. So if anybody wants anything and if I find it let me now, post fast.

4. mynocknotyours

mynocknotyours Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Saw 4 unopened boxes of the Orn Free Taa wave at Kmart on Nolensville Road noon yesterday. I opened them but only bought one Rebel Endor Tom Green and one Qui-Gon. There was so much on the pegs that I doubt they were actually intending to stock them, thats why I opened them; usually if the boxes are open they will go ahead and make room on the shelf for them. Also was hunting for 12" Ultimate Jango, I hear they are out now, Amazon.com says mine won't ship until June :( but I would like to have 2 so I can open one. Has anybody found these yet?
    Went ahead and got a raincheck for the sale price of $32.99.
    By the way the price for basic figs has gone back up to $6.99...grrrrr....but right now buy one get another 50% off. Helps a little bit.
    Wanted to redeem my scratcher for a "free basic lightsaber when you buy 3 figures" but of course they were sold out....and when I did buy more figures they had no more scratchers! Oh well....
    Anybody find Chancellor Palpatine or Djas Puhr yet?

5. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    Tom Green! Ha Ha Ha

Target has done the final markdown of the 25th anniversary 2 packs and the deluxe POTF figures. Both are now priced $1.94. Hickory Hollow has a lot of the Slave Leia with Sail Barge Cannon and White Bridge Road has a few Han & Chewbacca two packs.

6. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    If anyone should spot Amanaman at this remarkable price, could you get one for me and I will reinburse you? The Target in my area sold out long ago.

7. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Bespin Wave at Cool Springs TRU 10 am. And...Dooku is, like, everywhere. Lots. Big. Tons.

8. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Found Ultimate Jango Fett 12" at Franklin Kmart today. Hid one because there were only 3-if anyone wants it pm me and I will tell you where it is. I don't want scalpers getting this one-it's so cool!

9. Keon_Ulic

Keon_Ulic Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2001
    I picked up a Qui-Jon and Endor Trooper and Coolsprings Wal-Mart..Not sure if any are left there were four Qui-Jons Left...Good luck..

10. Jediman

Jun 29, 2000
    Thanx for the heads up on the Ultimate Jango. I picked up the last one on the shelf. Not a bad purchase for my first 12" figure ever. And 2 bucks off to boot.

11. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    mynocknotyours....HELP

Everywhere I go it seems that I am just a little too late. And there are Jangos and Maces that were not there before so I know that I JUST missed out. My latest heartbreak came this morning. After reading your post about TRU I rushed out only a few hours after your post. I drove all the way from Clarksville but still came home emptyhanded.

You said earlier that you would try to pock me up a Luke. Any luck? Thanks for tring one way or the other.

But everyone... Please keep posting your finds (or email me directly-I dont mind)!! The more details the better. I dont mind driving an hour for a figure. But I do mind driving an hour and coming home empty handed.

BTW- When you guys say Cool Spings Wal/TRU, those are near Thoughbred right? Or are there other ones?

Thanks

12. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Good news- Got you a Luke. I also have doubles of everything so if you're deserate for anything else I'm sure I could help. I love the hunt and if I give something up that only means I get to keep on looking.
    Send me a private message and we'll arrange a meeting.
    See ya.
    Oh yeah when we talk about TRU or Wal Mart Cool Springs /Franklin/Brentwood...it's all the same...TRU is very close to Cool Springs Mall and facing Target...Wal Mart is a stones throw from the Thoroghbred 20.
    I would say that Target generally sucks, and you HAVE to be at TRU at opening to score anything. Wal Mart is a different story-midnight to 1 or 2 AM is when I find everything, usually in sealed boxes. Now if anyone uses this information and you find new stuff, please be kind enough to post where and when, and what's left. Yes I have gone to bed and then gotten up just to go to Wal Mart on the hunt. Sounds crazy I know but it's so worth it sometimes!!!
    Hope all this helps.

13. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    You guys sound like your having fun,i used to get out and look for spawn figs.like star wars there was always the short pack one everyone was looking for.
    question for you collectors:
    why is everyone going crazy for all these variations?i was on ebay looking for clone trooper stuff and people are paying over $100 for a variation of the clone trooper figure.(red visor instead of black)why would it be worth paying all that money out when i know for a fact the fig will not hold that value.i have seen mail away hansolos sell for $50 and now they arent worth $10.ive seen long saber figs sell for high$ and now next to nothing. Are you guys out there trying to complete the collection or are you falling for the latest wave of trickery by the toy companies?
    skip

14. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Well speaking only for myself, I don't usually go out of my way to collect variations, unless it is something sorta cool like the first 16 Saga figs packed with a background insert. This is a legitimate production alteration, and yes I do think that eventually these will be more valueable, especially since the Celebration II figure of Jorg Sacul also is packed with a background insert. Not that I even collect for value, I collect what I like. Sometimes I pick up extras of known variations in order to make trades with other collectors who DO collect variations. Currently there is a Luke figure that just so happens to have a variation that is just plain cool, which is another reason I might go out of my way to get extras. I will say this though- I have yet to profit from collecting; I haven't sold anything to anybody that I didn't simply charge what I got it for.
    I just think it's fun, that's all. 8-}

15. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Fun is what its all about!
    I got back into collecting figs about 7 years ago.At that time the new star wars figs were coming out and i saw people paying $ for long saber /short saber long tray you know the deal.now i see those same figs arent high$.i was collecting spawn figs mostly and people were going nuts over variations,i dont get it.im kinda like you i just get the ones i like.(that costs enough!)
    but to try to get every single fig and variation borders an addictive behavior.im not being crazy either.ive been to toy shows and seen how these people act when they see some fig that has a different color pc or something.They will whip out double the $ then its worth and act like they wont live without it.
    I think its silly to go to that extreme,thats all.Then again im sure alot of people say that about us costumers also.
    skip

16. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I need a bloody Luke MOC if anybody runs across an extra one.

No, I don't pay any more than I should for any figure. The one time I did was when I paid $15 each for a red-carded Greedo and Sandtrooper, then I found them a few weeks later at Walgreens for $6 each. I collect to collect, not to make a few bucks on down the road. Lets face it, 20 years ago SW figures may have been a good investment, but nowadays, EVERYBODY's doin' it. Plus there's so much stuff that very few pieces are going to be worth much in the long run. Collect for the fun of it and because you enjoy it, not just to make a buck or two!

That's all I got. And don't forget I need a bloody Luke!!!

-Toymaster

17. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Toys R Us in Cool Springs had them this weekend. They typically get their shipments on Thursday & Friday. Friday afternoon, or Saturday Morning are the two best times to check there.

18. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    If anybody has an extra Jorg Sacul with a white beard, I'm looking to trade a grey beard version for one. Just let me know if ya gots one!

-Toymaster

19. Jediman

Jun 29, 2000
    Bespin Wave @ TRU CS this morning. Vaders and Dookus, Mace and a few Jangos. Most cards are not mint. Aparently, TRU has no concept of box treatment on collector grade products. Go figure...

20. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    must have... Jango Fett... must have.... no money yet.... Please let me know if someone can pick one up and I can give them $$$ in a couple of weeks? He is my favorite!
    BTW, I haven't even begun to get regular figures... is there some sort of master list theat I can check off once I can start collecting again?

21. Jediman

Jun 29, 2000
    Yes. Someone on here can post a quick list for ya. Not me right now. There is also a hasbro poster with the first 40 figs from the saga line that was being given out at TRU I think. BTW, get ready to enter variation hell my friend. Take out a loan...

22. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    I dont even remember where I got this from. Rebelscum.com I think.
    Everything up to 40 is confirmed out. So you have a lot of catching up to do. With or with out variations

_ #1 Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
    __ #2 Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
    __ #3 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
    __ #4 C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
    __ #5 Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
    __ #6 Super Battle Droid
    __ #7 Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
    __ #8 Tusken Raider Female with Tusken Child
    __ #9 Captain Typho (Padmé's Head of Security)
    __ #10 Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
    __ #11 Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
    __ #12 Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
    __ #13 Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
    __ #14 R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
    __ #15 Geonosian Warrior
    __ #16 Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
    __ #17 Clone Trooper
    __ #18 Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)
    __ #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
    __ #20 Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
    __ #21 Nikto Jedi Knight
    __ #22 Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)
    __ #23 Yoda (Jedi Master)
    __ #24 Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator)
    __ #25 Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
    __ #26 Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
    __ #27 Count Dooku (Dark Lord)
    __ #28: Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)
    __ #29: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
    __ #30: Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
    __ #31: Jango Fett (Final Battle)
    __ #32: Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
    __ #33: Endor Rebel Soldier [variant heads expected]
    __ #34: Massif with Geonosian Warrior
    __ #35: Orn Free Taa
    __ #36: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Starfighter Pilot)
    __ #37: Han Solo (Endor Raid)
    __ #38: Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape)
    __ #39: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
    __ #40: Djas Puhr (Bounty Hunter)
    __ #41: Padme Amidala (Corsucant Attack)
    __ #42: Darth Maul (Sith Training)
    __ #43: Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack)
    __ #44: Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Master)
    __ #45: Ephant Mon (Fan's Choice #3)
    __ #46: Teemto Pagalies (Pod Racer)

23. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    BTW- I LOVE this new numbering system Hasbro is using. It makes collecting sooo much easier.

24. RocketX

RocketX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    4 Ultimate Jango Fett's at Nolensville K-mart. Lots of Yodas, Dooka, Hanger Dual Anakin at Bllevue TRU.

25. mynocknotyours

Mar 18, 2002
    Just got back from Hickory Hollow TRU. If anyone still needs Vader, HD Anakin, Yoda, Count Dooku, Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue, Jango Final Battle or Eeth Koth, this is the place to be. Literally 10-15 each of Vader, Ani and Dooku. I left with Eeth Koth and a free DH comic.
    Chancellor Palpatine, Where Are You?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.