main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toy hunting in the Raleigh area

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I was wondering if there's someone here that lives close to the TRU near the Crabtree Mall? I was told they I a figure I want really bad just after Christmas. And I'm wondering if someone could go see. I'll send the cash for it if they still have it. PM me to see what figure I'm talking about if you're willing to check on this for me.

Spooky

Thanks in advance to who ever replies.

Edit

To make this thing legal I guess I should say this.....

What new figures have you found Raleigh folks and Where and when did you find them?

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I have an answer to this is an extremely interesting question! :)

Today's News and Observer announced that KB Toys is under Chapter 11 bancruptcy, and they're going to chop 375 stores nationwide and cut 30 percent of its workforce under its Chapter 11 reorganization plan.

16 stores are getting the ax in NC. Liquidation sales started Thursday at Triangle Town Center in Raleigh, Northgate Mall in Durham, and the outlet store at Prime Outlets in Morrisville. That last store is where I have found the best deals on all toys.

Tell me what you want and I'll be very happy to look for it.

Sean and Felix from the 501st are the toymaster gods around here. If ToysrUS or KB does not have what you want, I'm sure those guys do.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Tallon, keep your eyes open for Star Trek and Enterprise toys for me please. You can e-mail me to tell me what you find. I will make good on my next swing thru the Triangle.

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    do sean and felix post on the fan force boards, what are their names?

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sean Dudley and Felix Diaz. They have a section on www.501stcarolina.com dealing with collecting. They never post here, but they're an awesome pair of great guys and terrific fans, and they're nuts about toys and SW hardware.

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    YES-THEY ARE BOTH GREAT GUYS. MET THEM BOTH AT THE IQMs'

Hope there's another IQM.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've gone to the KayBee toys at Prime outlet but it's only got Star Wars Lego's, some Star Wars digital lightsaber games, Star Wars Jedi game of Life, and a few figures. Nothing much to crow about - but it should be 50% off now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.