main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toy Show in Raleigh on July 2-3

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I mentioned I'd check into the next Raleigh toy show and lo and behold, it's next month. I figured I'd go ahead and post it so we could discuss if anyone wants to do this and use it as our July meeting. I know it's a little early, but roadtripping to Raleigh is a bit more involved than running across town, so I figured we might need some time to figure out if it was doable, plus it's the first weekend of the month (July 2 & 3).

If you've never been to the toy show at the Raleigh Fairgrounds, they're usually pretty cool and of course have gotten better with the buzz of ROTS as more Star Wars vendors are coming out of the woodwork to pimp their stuff. The event is in the Kerr Scott Bldg. and ususally costs $5 to get in. There's around 250 tables with items spanning decades of toys, posters, etc. You can find Star Wars, Star Trek, comics, NASCAR, most any toy related to any 60's, 70's, or 80's TV show or movie, Hallmark ornaments, Barbie, old lunchboxes, just oodles of stuff. Even if you don't buy anything, I always find it worth the $5 just to look around.

Anyway, if you think this is something you might want to do, be thinking about and we can talk about it at A.J.'s and also here of course. I don't even know yet if I can do it since I just found out about it, but with some husband-ly charm, I'm hoping to make it.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Through some last minute sweet-talking to the in-laws for babysitting duty, I managed to ride up to the toy show last Sunday. It was a decent show, but really slow, both from the vendor and buyer sides. With the holiday weekend, that was to be expected. There weren't any Star Wars dealers there per se, but many dealers had some Star Wars stuff to offer. I managed to maintain my calm and didn't bust out my wallet like I wanted to. There were several vintage figures screaming my name, but I showed patience. (A $1000 for a new A/C coil last month will do that to you). I met Tommy and Christian up there, and Christian broke out the plastic for a MIP vintage POTF Luke in Endor Poncho with collectors' coin figure and then the dealer through in a MIP vintage POTF A-Wing Pilot with coin also. So he got two nice figures for a decent price. I just decided to live vicariously through his purchase though. There was a pretty sweet sealed box of A-Team Colorforms that got my attention, but I passed. :p

I think I heard the next show will be in September, but forgot to grab a flyer, so I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.