main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Toy Shows in ABQ

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    By chance is there ever a Toy or Sci Fi show here in town? I am in need of a toy show fix! When I was in Florida we had a Collectible toy show we would go to in Orlando at the end of February called the "FX Show". Then in March there was a huge GI Joe show in Atlanta! And, Jacksonville would have 2 or 3 shows per year at the fairgrounds....little shows....but at least it allowed me to have my fix!

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I don't think there is anything but I am not sure. I think Phoenix and Denver have some shows.

3. MasterJedi78

MasterJedi78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Actually I was just gonna post something about this... Too funny. There is a show I dont know how exciting or how it is gonna be but its on March 22. Ill get the details for you, and post them tomorrow. Till then There is a store on Central Avenue in the nob hill area called ASTROZOMBIES. I think you might find peace in there I sure do..

here is there site.

www.astrozombies.com

4. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks MasterJedi78

5. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    what kind of Sci Fi you into.. Please tell me you at least like the Highlander... lol.

6. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I enjoy most SciFi! Sure...I enjoy Highlander! Put some swords in a flick and I am happy!

7. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    cool Tell me honestly dont you think Christopher Lambet would have been an awsome Qui Gon Jin?

8. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    He's too AWNRY!! LOL

9. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    lol.. I think he would of have been.. What other Sci Fi things you all like.. I am looking forward to this Children of Dune thing... On Sci Fi channel... Looks pretty good...

10. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Yeah, that does look interesting! I remember when I saw Dune in the theatre....they handed out a 3 or 4 page glossary on some of the terms used in the movie! I really enjoyed Sliders as a series goes.

11. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    Ive recently been into The one with Anthony Michael Hall. What is it DEad Zone? I liked that.. I know it not Sci Fi... but you know I really miss the Pretender.. That Mrs Parker was a hottie... And Jared ruled...

Jake lloyd was in that one as well. I knew I recognized him when I saw TPM.

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    My wife and I have been watching the Dead Zone too! Hall has come a long way since he was in "16 Candles" and "National Lampoons Vacation"

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    you know Ms Parker is on a comedy on ABC now... can't remember the title but she is pretty good in it, plays with witchy lady once again...

I miss Pretender too but not because of her, I miss the yummy Jerad-which by the way it is on I think FX in the early afternoons each day...

I am waiting for the Dune movie as well this coming Sunday. My fav actress is going to be in it and I love the Dune books... must reread them soon.

Sorry just felt like butting in there for a bit

14. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    Ohh Varza dont be silly your not butting in. lol lol

Really Mrs Parker is on a show I think I might have to watch it. I loved the pretender.. I am not much of a dune fan I think I was scared as a kid... but my mother loves it..

Did you like the Remake of dune or the original with sting?

15. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I went to a local toy show last year, held in the small conference room of a hotel on Carlisle. It was eight minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Mostly overpriced "rare" items, and a few carded vintage figs with yellow bubbles.

16. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    Okay here is the info...

3rd annual TOY COLLECTORS SHOW
    March 22, 2003 10:00 am to 2:00pm
    St Pauls United Methodist Church
    9500 constitution Ave NE
    Alb NM West of Eubank on south side.

TOYS OF ALL KINDS
    Hot Wheels, Diecast Toys Tin Toys, Trains, Action Figures, DOlls Beanie Babies etc...

Tables $17.50 each or 2 for $30.00
    Admission $1.50 under 12 free with accompanying adult..

for info call R Kubes 505-896-1908

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thanks for the info... hope some people can make it.

MasterJedi I haven't seen the remake of Dune yet. I always mean to rent it but never do. I love the original movie, probably because i saw it before i ever even thought about reading the books.

18. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    the movie scared the heck out of me when I was little especially that part... Wait for my brother Paris... Yikes I still shimmer.... lol

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks for the info...I will go check it out! Boy, I picked the wrong town to move to as Toy Shows goes! Once again...Thanks!

20. MasterJedi78

Feb 4, 2003
    did anyone go to the Toy Show on Saturday? I found me some cool Vintage stuff. I let you all know again when I here of another show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.