main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"TOY WARS: A NEW COLLECTOR" IS BACK UP!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by niennumb1, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I'm working on encoding the next set right now. I'm afraid they won't be up til' later this week though. I'll keep you informed. There's some that aren't that funny that I need to just let go. Can't show EVERY one of them, though we had some good laughs. I just love bloopers :)

2. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Course, I can make DVDs of it if Nien's interested. ;)

3. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Ryan, I just downloaded the trailer and Ep. III looks as good, if not better, than Ep. II. However, I hope you're not falling to the tempation of going "full goose bozo" with Special Effects on Ep. III. Part of the appeal of your film was that it relied more on story than on effects.

Now, if your story is on par, and better, than the second and the effects don't take away from that, then FORGET I SAID ANYTHING!

And I agree w/ TAC, that Matrix chick is a hottie!

When's it coming out?!

Semaj

4. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Hey!

Thanks. Well to respond to the question of "Did I fall into the pit of icing over the movie with effects" kind of thing, then no I didn't. If you look at the whole trailer you can see that there was like 2-3 shots total where we used effects. I don't want to spoil it for anyone about the sabers (if you want to know, PM me) but if you look closely on the first saber shot in the trailer it has a strange effect on the person who is dueling with him. They are not actually fully functional lightsabers, and if you want to know just send me a PM. Let's just say you can't exactly cut through anything with them ;) FYI those effects are being redone for the final movie, I'm not happy with the saber effects and know how to do it much better.

I do have no choice but to use effects in a few of my sequences. It's not to "WOW" the audience or anything, it's just that I cannout afford to buy over 100+ toy dogs for this battle sequence I'm working on. Secondly, I can't do live on screen laser blasts coming from the dogs. I have beanies fighting the dogs which will be puppets pretty much the whole time and will be using lots of blue screening to accomplish this. There's also some stuff that takes place in a location I couldn't dare ever build where a couple of the battle sequences/saber battles take place. I only do effects in places where I truly cannot accomplish it live and it will not detract from the story. These areas just haven't been shown in the story yet. Trust me, there's lots of non-effects shots!

On the note of the hottie Matrix chick, she's my finace and we're getting married this October after 5 years! Gonna have Stormtroopers and Vader there too, thanks to my friends at the 501st!

Thanks for the comments and concerns. The Episode II DVD is being discussed, but not sure wether it's worth going through or not. I'll keep you updated.

5. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    The girl who plays Ada Oregano is your finace?

6. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
  7. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
  8. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    My apologies for the delay! Those who have been waiting patiently for part 2 of 4 of the BLOOPERS are available now! Be advised though that not all material is suitable for young children since these are outtakes (though I did beep out any bad words).

BLOOPERS PART 1

BLOOPERS PART 2(NEW!)

Thanks! Parts 3 and 4 coming very soon, I promise!

9. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Finally!!!!!!

10. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
  11. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
    Like Always YES!!!!!!!!!!

12. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    last *bump*...

then next time it will be an update for Bloopers final part 4.

13. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
  14. Jedi_Master_dude

Sep 25, 2001
  15. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey, Ryan-
    I decided to watch Toy Wars after seeing one of your select pics.

All I can say is... WOW. I can't imagine how much dedication that much have taken. I'm really impressed with the film. There were some really, really cool things in there.

Like the spatula song. And the whole "runs" thing. Great writing and acting.
    Yeah, it was a bit long, but I had lots of time to spare, and I enjoyed it.

Definitely one of my favorites now. Good work, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

16. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Well thank you VERY much for taking a look at it! I appreciate your time in reviewing it too!

I have high hopes for the new movie. Yes there will be more effects and action, but that's not to fall into the trap of just being flashy about it. I did it because it's required in the story (wether obvious or so subtle you never knew there was any effects). The key is the story and not the gun blasts or lightsaber effects are going to be the lure in to see the movie. Trailer B is in post production right now and I hope to have something for you all soon. I don't think you'll be disappointed, but I know you'll be bummed about having to wait until Nov-December for release! :)

Thanks again for the great comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.