main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Toyboxx Toys Teen Challenge Event

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, May 16, 2006.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Well, the WOOK's efforts to uniting us here with the Ice Cream/Toy Shoppe calle Toyboxx Toys has been fruitfull. Jack(the shop owner) had expressed interrest in uniting under the TFF banner for an event at his shop. He had called me today and stated that all of this is a go go go! Here is the email concerning the June 24th(Sat)event.

{(Jack-ToyboxxToys)}

HEH FRANKIE , THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND THE ENTIRE ENSEMBLE OF THE STAR WARS GROUP , ALL OF YOU ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT EVENT, A GREAT BENEFIT . HERES A LITTLE BREAKDOWN FOR YA ON SOME OF THE ITEMS I WORKED ON TODAY. ON SATURDAY JUNE THE 24TH WE WILL BE HOLDING THE " TEEN CHALENGE " BENEFIT. SPRINGBOARD HOME FOR YOUTHS IN CRISES . I HAVE PUT IN THAT ANYONE DRESSING UP IN COSTUME WILL RECIEVE ALL SCOOPS OF THERE CHOICE FOR A 1.00 A SCOOP , ALSO 20 % OF ALL ICE CREAM SALES WILL GO TOWARDS THE TEEN CHALENGE. I HAVE ALSO REACHED THE CHRISTAIN FAMILY AM RADIO , THEY ARE WILLING TO RUN FREE ADVERTIZING AND SPOTS ON THE AIR FOR THIS EVENT. I HAVE ALSO REACHED THE ORO VALLEY MAGIZINE , IM RUNNING A SPOT OF THE BENEFIT AND I EMAILED TO HAVE ALSO PUT IN THE CALANDER OF EVENTS FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE , THIS IS GOING OUT TO OVER 30,000 HOMES. TALK WITH YA SOON , JACK

{(Jack-ToyboxxToys)}

This will be an evening event..Jack would like for us to be there approx 4-5 pm till closing at 9 pm (during the Summer months this is the buisiest time. He plans to have some media coverage, and I have told him that we could try to get things noticed on our end as well, via: radio, tv, newspapers...KittyCat knows the right people to contact. It will be a mostly indoor event, but some outside wandering would be good too (just in case the shoppe gets packed) All are welcomed to come, and we hope that we can recruit from this as well....and yes, Jack is gonna dress up too. =D=

any questions post'em here, or pm me, or email Jack at toyboxxtoys@aol.com

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Frankie!!! This is wonderful!!!! I am going to study up on Teen Challenge so I know more about the charity! Once Jack gives us the okay I will start getting as much media informed as I can. Just want to give Jack a chance to let us know what he does or does not want us to do to prepare, or at the actual event itself. Would be great for us to have a meeting in person with Jack to work on specifics.

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Please remember the owner of the store is also named Jack. Good thing you guys refer to me as the Wook.

=P~ Mmmmmmmmmmm......Dulce de Leche ice cream....=P~

4. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I found Obi Wan Kenobi's myspace page, and sent him a message to see if he can assist with the promotion of both the Toyboxx Toys event, and the Gamestop/Itt Battlefront 2 event..he said I had to talk to the pr director to get the kind of publicity we need, but he was very supportive.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    How we going to eat all that Dulce de Leche with helmets or masks on? [face_thinking]

It sounds like a hoot. :-B

just gotta remember to be careful in that store while in armor, it's hard to see and we don't want to break anything [face_praying]

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm thinking probably a few of us should check in with the owner and ask our questions and let him ask his.. and get some stuff down on paper as to what is specifically wanted on this benefit.. can we have a table set up.. if so where.. as there is not really much space in the store for anyone.. let alone a bunch of us dressed up in costumes.. an outdoor benefit in the parking lot might be really fun since it is in the evening and won't be that hot hopefully.. we could set up a canopy even outside.. a canopy in the parking lot will immediately draw attention to people driving by.. if we had star wars music blaring and could even have a lightsaber demonstration.. so many really kewl things we could do with this event if we can sit down with a chat session with the owner and see what he is up for. I am thinking this could be really great, esp if we can get some media to show up.. which I have already started on a bit.. but really I want to talk with Jack before I get to gung ho on the media involvement.

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Sounds like you should call Jack. Get all the legal problems ironed out and all the details. You are the elected CR, the only one that can do that.

8. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I have already told Cat that I had planned to meet up wit Toyboxx Jack on Saturday and get specifics...I also asked Cat if she cold make a list of the things she would like me or anyone who goes with me to ask...if any other members here has any questions to add..please feel free to gimme a call or pm and I'll put it to paper. thx

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    [face_beatup] WAKE UP, C-CAT!
    "...won't be that hot hopefully..." This is Tucson. This is Tucson in June. 100+ degree weather-time. June 24th, right near the summer solstice. The sun won't set until after 7:30 PM, and it will stay bright enough to be outdoors until 8:00 PM. Jack would like us there around 4-5:00 PM. That means 2.5-3.5 HOURS in the sunlight. In the HOT sunlight. In the JUNE-HOT sunlight. With JUNE-HOT heat radiating off of the black asphalt in the parking lot.
    If you want to sit outside and DIE in the heat because "...an outdoor benefit in the parking lot might be really fun...", that is your choice. Me, I'll be in costume indoors, standing as close to those ice cream FREEZERS as they will allow me.

You are right about a table inside. Jack said Saturday nights are his busy time, there won't be much room.

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Frankie, what time Saturday are you going up there?

=P~ Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Dulce de Leche!=P~

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am bringing up stationing outdoor canopy and table because it may be our only alternative and I want everyone to realize that up front. We can make it fun if we do have to be outdoors is what I want to get across.. I think we should wait and explain to the owner how many of us there are, what all the costumes are, and limits of sight and our bulky walking style, and that we can NOT be held responsible if something falls to the floor while we are there.. or gets stolen because so many people are inside of the store..... with all of this to tell him he may expect us to be outdoors, or at least rotate in and out of the store.

while I agree it will be hot.. I just fear that there is not going to be room inside that store for customers and us in costume..the day damien, jake and I went there it was not crowded and there was hardly any room to get by, jake was looking at something and I could not even get past him in the aisle, I had to go around, there were probably about ten or so people in the store at the time, and other than the three of us they were all in the ice cream area, and we still had trouble walking around the rest of the store, it is just a tight squeeze for moving around. I just don't see where everyone will be able to stay indoors, Which is why I want to be sure we know exactly what will be doing at this event, and what is expected of us.. because if the store becomes crowded with customers, it will be the fan force costumers that need to go outside, not the customers.

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We will accomidate, we've done this enough and each know what we can tollerate.
    "You must do what you feel is right, of course"

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    understood and yes.. everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with.. so I think it best to wait with all of my/and everyone's if's until we speak with Jack Toyboxxe and see what he has to say on all of this.. It has been mentioned that some of us will go to his shop this weekend.. whenever this happens I would like to go if possible.

if you have a question you would like to have answered please add it to this ongoing list..

1. table for TFF info and recruitment, where can we put it, can we bring it?

2. will we be expected to spend time outside, ie... due to store crowding and such as that.. and if we are expected to spend time outside can we bring our canopy to set up in the parking lot?

3. will the shop take responsibility for breakage of their own belongings if something were to happen. In other words, I do not want the fan force to be held responsible if someone in costume knocks something off a shelf accidentally.

4. make sure Jack (toyboxx) knows the fan force individuals will assume responsibility for all of our own belongings and not hold the toyshopp responsible for anything getting torn up

5. how does the toyboxxe plan on making this a teen challenge benefit, by collecting money, donating all or a portion of his sales for the day/evening to the organization, or are the teen challenge people actually attending the benefit.

6. does he have a preference on which radio/tv he wants to try and get involved.. or does he not want the media except for what he already has lined up. As he has mentioned the christian radio broadcasting network we want to be sure and not step on toes by bringing any media in he does not feel good about.

7. will he provide star wars backgroud music indoors/outdoors.. or are we responsible for that?

8. is he okay if we do a lightsaber demonstration type battle, if anyone in the group is up for doing something like this?

9. Is toyboxxe going to make their own fliers, or are we going to be expected to make them up?

okay.. add to the list any questions you want to ask.

14. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I might be able to go there with you Frankie let me know what time!

As far as the heat it is getting hot and alot harder to do this.......I ma y not be in "armor".......

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005

2. will we be expected to spend time outside, ie... due to store crowding and such as that.. and if we are expected to spend time outside can we bring our canopy to set up in the parking lot?

3. will the shop take responsibility for breakage of their own belongings if something were to happen. In other words, I do not want the fan force to be held responsible if someone in costume knocks something off a shelf accidentally.

4. make sure Jack (toyboxx) knows the fan force individuals will assume responsibility for all of our own belongings and not hold the toyshopp responsible for anything getting torn up

5. how does the toyboxxe plan on making this a teen challenge benefit, by collecting money, donating all or a portion of his sales for the day/evening to the organization, or are the teen challenge people actually attending the benefit.

6. does he have a preference on which radio/tv he wants to try and get involved.. or does he not want the media except for what he already has lined up. As he has mentioned the christian radio broadcasting network we want to be sure and not step on toes by bringing any media in he does not feel good about.

7. will he provide star wars backgroud music indoors/outdoors.. or are we responsible for that?

8. is he okay if we do a lightsaber demonstration type battle, if anyone in the group is up for doing something like this?

9. Is toyboxxe going to make their own fliers, or are we going to be expected to make them up?

10. If heat and the size of the store due turn out to be a major issue should we attempt to postpone this event until cooler weather? Not that I want to postpone.. but the whole point is to do this in costume AND to have fun doing it for a good cause.. and if we are going to have to do a large portion of it outdoors it might be better to wait till a cooler time of year.

16. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I DID NOT say that I would not be in costume..........Just not in armor....

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Don't worry FSOS.. I put this question in because it needs to be addressed.. not just because of what you posted.. but I am taking all of this into consideration though.. because of the heat it might be something we need to address if in fact we are going to need to be outdoors frequently.. as we want it to be a good event, if we are not comfortable and overheated and such as that it may not be advisable.. we did originally say we were not going to do outdoor summer events.. and as much as this event might be indoors.. it is a small building.. and it remains to be seen how we will all fit in this store all night long with the customers as well.. just a question that needs to be addressed at the meeting.

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

10. If heat and the size of the store due turn out to be a major issue should we attempt to postpone this event until cooler weather? Not that I want to postpone.. but the whole point is to do this in costume AND to have fun doing it for a good cause.. and if we are going to have to do a large portion of it outdoors it might be better to wait till a cooler time of year.

11. Where are we going to change into the costumes? Does Jack have a back room we can use, or are we going to fend for ourselves on changing clothes?

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay, Frankie set us up a meeting at the toyboxxe tomorrow for 3:30pm. Who all plans on going? I asked for Damien to get me a ride if he plans on attending.

20. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am gonna go...if ya didnt know yet. I believe Dustin said he could go, and Chris was gonna get dropped off at my house to go with...I could pick up Damian and Cat...maybe we could do a pitch in for gas. Also the WOOK wanted to go..we can fit 3 in the back of the finder and two up front....we can always throw Damian in the back or tie him to the luggage rack.. [face_whistling]

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    kind of a tight sqeeze for me with that many in one vehicle.. I don't want to hog the front seat. but I will go with whatever you guys decide.. Damien had already said he could drive me though.

22. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I have gas money but still no tags on my car which leaves Amber at home with my niece and both the kids without a car....Will not work....

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so Chris does this mean you can't go.. or just you need a ride? sorry.. got lost in the confusion there.

24. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Yes I am going but need a ride. Amber can drop me off.

25. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I can pick someone up, BUT, I am not 100% sure I can make it so have a back up plan