main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Toyday Tuesday report

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Here's my full report:

7:00 AM: I had planned on going to the Greece WM, but I went out to the Brockport Wal-Mart on gut instinct, and it came through for me. I only had 2 other unknown collectors there with me, but they were pretty nice guys.

That WM has a whole one side of an aisle set with new product. Picked up the commons there at $5.88 a piece, and also got:
    - Royal Guard
    - Count Dooku/Tyranus (regular carded version, not the Deluxe Version) - only 2 on the racks, and weren't found at any of my other stops
    - Yoda - quite a few there
    - Dexter Jexter
    - Couple of Red Clonetroopers
    - Genosean Warrior
    - Taun We
    - Anakin Hangar Duel: there were plenty there this morning... I assumed that these were going to be plentiful, otherwise I would have gotten some for you.

I also had to share the one case of Tie Bombers/Snowspeeders that they had with the other 2 guys. We divided them up evenly (3 of each in a case, I assume - 3 of each were on the shelves). They have another case of these on order, but the friendly Toy Manager didn't have any idea of when they are coming in.

Also, I divided up the Playskool Dagobah sets, but I left the Naboo set for now. Didn't see any other Playskool sets there.

Next stop: BigK in Chili. I walk in, and am greeted by unpacked cases of figures (there was a problem with one of the floor cleaners over in toys the night before, so they couldn't set up until this morning) I grab my handy case list, and start opening cases to look for figures I might have missed. Mainly looking for Dookus, but there was nothing that I hadn't already seen. $6.99 for basic figures there - they need to keep up with WM a little more!

Stop #3: TRU in Henrietta. Nice display up by the Courtesy Desk. Look for 12" Mace for Paul, but all they have is the three (Ani, Obi, & Clonetrooper). Cases of figures are thrown into bins, as well as on pegs, and are mostly Coll. 1. Also, they had some POTJ in the mix. $5.99 for basic figures - not too shabby.

Last stop: Target in Henrietta. Mostly overordered Collection 1 figures. Nothing too spectacular. One of the store managers is there with the toy manager looking things over, and they're talking about how they have less SW product this time around than they did in '99. $6.99 for basic figures - ouch!

That's it for now. I'm now seeing little moths fly out of my wallet where $$$ used to be! ;-)

2. Paul_B

Paul_B Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Here's my run down...

Penfield Wal-Mart - nice isle display with plenty of 4" figs - the cheapest price point in town $5.88. W-M seemed to be missing the later waves (Nikto Jedi -> Yoda), but everything else was there. 12"ers rang up $24, but were shelf tagged $19.76... I got 'em for the lower price. Also got the cute little playschool sets (x-wing and naboo)... I got the bulk of my haul form W-M today.

Penfield Target - 4" figs are $6.99. Had more variety than W-M (Nikto, Genosian Warrior, Dexter). Passed them by. Did get a series of 3 snack buckets with SW saga graphics on the sides and snack chips inside. Nice promo pieces. They may have those cool 3-D pogs inside?

Webster K-Mart - Had all the 4" figs (except Dooku, Yoda and Hanger Duel Anakin) at $6.99 each - I only got the ones that I didn't see at W-M. Bulk lightsabers are cheaper at K-Mart $5.99 as opposed to $6.88 at W-M and $6.99 at Target.

Still looking for Bo Shek wave and Tie Bomber and Snow Speeder at W-M.
    PB

3. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Here is my 7am Newark, NY Wal-Mart report. I was the only one there...lol. There are perks to living out in the sticks! ;)

Here is what I bought:
    Soundtrack ($16.88!! I thought that was a bit expensive.)
    Anakin's speeder
    Zam's speeder
    Deluxe Mace Windu
    Count Dooku Dark Lord
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase
    Yoda Jedi Master
    Shaak Ti Jedi Master
    Luminara Unduli Jedi Master
    Zam Wesell Bounty Hunter
    Kit Fisto Jedi Master
    Nikto Jedi Knight
    Taun We Kamino Cloner
    Jango Fett Kamino Escape

No Genosis Warrior or Dexster. They only had 2 endcaps, not a whole aisle. And no Playskool figs, or trading card tins, I was looking for both. :( The 12" Obi-Wan was ugly, so I decided to wait on that...

I'm pretty happy with what I got though!

4. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Greece Walmart has 1 leftover Snowspeeder.

Stopped by the Henrietta Walmart today. Because of the cold, everyone stayed in their cars until the last few minutes. I ended up being 1st in line. About 10-15 people there. Got in and found they had a couple cases of the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder. Was able to get 2 Bombers (the extra is already spoken for) and 1 Snowspeeder. The other people go the others. If I see more Bombers later I'll pick them up for club members.

I haven't seen Dooku or Yoda anywhere. I only saw that alien with the long neck at K Mart (forget it for $6.99, I'll wait for Walmart)

Have found several Clone Trooppers 12" at Walmart & KMart so they probably aren't as hard to find as the Maul was.

5. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I decided that my attack on the area stores would be two-pronged. Since I am RogueSquadron after all I need to be more stragetic. LoL

12:30am Greece TRU
    2 Super Battle Droids
    Captain Typho
    Jango Fett
    an Episode One, Collection 2 Imperial Officer

2pm Brockport WM
    The MECCA OF stuff man I swear
    NOTE: They have 3 Snowspeeders Left, No Bombers

Yoda Jedi Master (they have tons but hidden)
    2 Red Clone Troopers (MUST..BUY...MORE)
    Kit Fisto
    Nikto
    Zam Wessel
    Shaak Ti

I'm missing out on Dex, Genosians, and a few others. They have a ton of figs still there and I'm prolly going back for more tonight and tomorrow but I'm buying in moderation right now.

I'm in the Brockport/Chili area so maybe I can go hunting more on Thursday at BIGK

I dunno but reporting live from Suny Brockport, This is RogueSquadronWingnut

6. CaptainAlex1

CaptainAlex1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2001
    I have to say that I had a very nice time last night. I started off at the super Walmart in Gates. I got there at about 11:00 pm and ended up talking to this guy about his collection of 8000 pieces of Star Wars stuff. I was impressed. It was cool to trade stories about finding figures, not finding figures, exclusives, etc. It was cool to talk shop. I was only at Walmart because I was looking fo the Tie Bomber/snow speeder. Didn't find either, but I did pick up a Zam Wesell. I thought the display at Walmart should have been wider.

Anyway I got to the TRU in Greece at 12:15 am. It looked like a keg party had occured there. Figures, and people just thrown about everywhere. But the crows was cool and very friendly. This is what I got:

Super battle Droid
    Plo Koon
    C-3PO
    Jango Fett
    Anakin (Peasent)
    Kit Fisto
    Captain Typho
    Obi-Wan
    Padme
    Battle Droid
    Shaak Ti
    Deluxe Mace
    Deluxe Dooku

I thought the prices were good at both places (Walmart 5.88 TRU 5.99) I had gift cards for TRU so that's where I shopped.

This morning I went to the Walmart in Webster for the exclusives..still no luck. I then went to the walmart in Henrietta. I picked up Saesee Tiin and Jar Jar. i actually said, "oh cool Jar Jar." Yes it's true I didn't hate him in Episode I.
    At the TRU in Henrietta I picked up a Red Clone Trooper. For all you 'ittle Jedi's out there you can have your picture taken with a stormtrooper this Saturday from 12-3 at TRU. I finally ended my morning and day with KayBee in Pittsford. I got Yoda, and Anakin Hanger duel. Yoda looks wicked awesome.

I'm going to go out to Walmart in Brockport sometime Tomorrow to look for the snow speeder. I hope they still have some. Once again it was fun, and great to meet so many collectors..just wish I got some names.
    -Alex

7. JoeB-1_Kenobi

JoeB-1_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    For all you hardcore collectors who didn't get everything they wanted. The Geneseo Wal-Mart is an untouched gold mine. I went the other day just to stare and all 27 figure were there including books, vehicles, and legos. Very cool. Check it out.

Joe

8. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    This is the reason I enjoy reading and posting to these collecting threads...the ease to get critical information when you need it most. I went to the Super Wal-Mart in Gates on my lunchbreak after reading this morning that they had the Tie Bomber there. Sure enough they had one left plus two Snow Speeders. I got the last bomber and one speeder. Thanks for the post. Oh I forgot to post yesterday that the TRU has the FX-7 wave for those still looking. I finally got an Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper.
    -Alex

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, I checked out TRU after work and was shocked. I knew that there would be less product then last time but this time I found toy day very lame. Small displays and only Hasbro stuff mostly. I wish it was like 99 with all the cool novelty stuff as well as Hasbro toys. It was cool seeing huge displays of stuff in every store. It was so cool. Star Wars every where. Anyway I got the 6 figures from TRU I could afford and then went to Target, Walmart and Media play to see I if I could find some cool stuff. Media play had a few toys and some story and scrap books, which I did not look at. I did not see any of the stuff from that company that has taken over for Applause. No mugs or anything. I then went over to target and found the most interesting find of the day, some Puzzle tins. There are 4 I think. They are in the shape of the Star Wars logo and contain a puzzle of the picture on the lid. They are mural type pictures with Episode 2 and Sage themes. I then stopped at Walmart and found The same stuff as TRU and Target except for The trooper that was not at TRU at the time and Zam Wessel I picked those 2 up as well as both of the larger PlaySchool sets. These are really worth the $12 or what ever. Really cool stuff. So far my Favorite figure is still the Padme. It did not seem like all the stores had all the figures out.

10. Jedi-Master-DaarEkk

Jedi-Master-DaarEkk Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Wednesday, Webster, Wal-Mart:

Saw: 5 each, TIE Bombers, Snowspeeders.
    Lay-A-Way'ed: 1 of each.

Episode 2 stuff bought: nothing. Woman will kill me if anything show up at home. Will return to layaway more at later date...

11. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    What playskool sets did you see? I saw the naboo fighter and x-wing sets at Kmart in Geneva. I was looking for the millennium falcon or tauntaun sets though. :(

Also, anyone find trading card tins or posters yet?

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Posters have been found at K mart. No Card tins yet. Check target as they were there for Ep.1

13. wicketSKA

wicketSKA Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    if you're looking for rarer figures, the webster walmart (at around 10:30 PM) had a few hangar duel anakins and yodas, along with other rare ones. i still haven't found a regular dooku yet.

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Brockport Walmart is also a goldmine for major Jedi Finds. 5 Tie Bombers, 4 SnowSpeeders, a ton of Hanger Dual Anakins and Yoda and every Jedi except Nikto and Illuminari

has ANYONE seen Illuminari?

15. Robotech

Robotech Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Is that the alien with the long neck? I saw a bunch at the Chili Kmart.

16. wookie_cookie

Sep 22, 2001
    Wal-Mart in Newark had everyone but Dexter and Geonosian warrior. I got Luminara, Taun We and Dooku Dark Lord there.

17. jedi_lingster

jedi_lingster Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2001
    The stores down by Eastview are pretty much untouched. the K-Mart has a LOT of figs, including a lot of red clones. Didja know the Red Clone has 14, yes, FOURTEEN points of articulation??? Wow.. gotta love the poseability of him... (see differenet post on the points list)

The Webster K-mart HAD (dunnif they still do) the Red Guard. and a lot of them to boot.

The only figs I am missing are the regular Dooku, and the regular Mace.

I'm gonna go buy an extra R2 unit to cut apart. I want to customize one to have a turning head, and removeable 3rd leg. it can be done.... :)

BTW, I don't like the static poses on figs. not at all.

18. wicketSKA

wicketSKA Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    the brockport ames (next to walmart) has got the taun we, emperor's royal guard, and illuminari. hope that helps.

19. CaptainAlex1

Dec 19, 2001
    Just got back from the KMart in Victor and I picked up Dexter Jexter, & Geonosian Warrior. These two are great looking figures. Now to just find the Royal Guard, and that Jedi with the long neck, and Count and I'll be set (for now)
    -Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.