main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx TOYS for TOTS - 42 Toys at Oct. Meeting! Still collecting through December!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey gang,

Alright, I know the holidays are still a few months off but I wanted to propose an idea I had. TOY ANXIETY will be doing a toy drive for toys for tots this November/December. I was at Kay Bee Toys in the mall and found all their star wars figures were only $2. I will be taking up a collection at the next meeting (minimum of $2) to take to Kay Bee and stock up on Star Wars figures to take out to the toy drive. How cool would that be? Also, if you're in Kay Bee and just want to donate a figure or two yourself, go for it! I am planning on keeping the "Toy Bounty" at my place 'till it's time. Any thoughts? Let me know if you think this is a good idea. If everyone gave at least $2, we could clear Kay Bee of a ton of old figures.

LP :D

PS. If you want to donate other toys than Star Wars, thats fine, but my soul purpose going to KB is for Star Wars figs 'cause they are very cheep.

EDIT: PLEASE SEE LATEST POSTS FOR UPDATES!

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Good idea, LP. I'll see if I can pick up some at my local KB. Then again, if I take my wee one near there its Barbie and Polly Pocket nightmare time! [face_shocked] ;)

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Awesome!

4. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i have some toys that i have stashed that were for this specific purpous... ;)

thank you PARSEC, if you would be so kind as to keep us in the loop regarding this and any other TOY ANXIETY events i would be much obliged! :D

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    No swet, Sideshow. I'm hoping to hear some more information form them in the coming months. But I know that the Toy Drive is a go so I figured we get started. :)

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I was in Both Kay Bee Toys' (AZ Mills & Fiesta), both are keeping their figures at 2 bucks for the next few weeks. Niether store could tell me how long that the sale would last, but both should DEFINATELY have the sale going on through the August PFF meeting.
    Once the sale ends, the figures will still be marked down to only 3 bucks. So we can keep hording them away even after the August meeting.
    Again, we aren't limited to Star Wars (feel free to bring non-star wars toys to the meetings), but 'cause it's easy, I'll only be using the money PFF members give me for those particular toys. I would really like to hear more feedback so I kind of know what to expect at the meeting next Saturday. Thanks guys! I know we can do this. :)

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I know, I know... three posts in a row. Anyway, I wanted to bump this thread up so more poeple can read it before the August meeting. Please post if this idea sounds cool.

Also, I posted this earlier in another thread but wanted to share it again in case it was missed by anyone...

An open apology to all PFF members. I would like to apologize for my absences in many of the little outings and parties at Voids on the weekends (ninja party sounded fun). In case you didn't know, I am working more hours at work during the week. The rest of the time is Cuff and whatever other theatre project I have going. Frankly, I get tired. But I am always good for a meeting and even organizing a thing or two with PFF. I will always do my best. You guys are awesome, and thanks for supporting me in all my ventures.

LP

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I stoped into KB today and found that the 1.99 sale ended. Figures are now at 2.99. Still cheap enough though. Also, they marked down Toy lightsabers to 20.00 bucks plus you get to take an additional 25% off. So like 15.00 bucks or something. The 4- packs are down to 7.99 (so..$2 a figure).

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Just a bump to remind you to bring those toys tomorrow! Thanks guys! :)

10. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    LP, I went to the KB toys in Tucson Mall and they had next to nothing! :( BUT, I'll try the one at the Foothill Mall.

The good thing was Tucson Mall had a bunch of really cheap Barbie so I am stocking up on the birthday stash for all the unexpected birthday parties we get invited to.

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Jada! Hey, grab a couple Barbies if you want to donate those to the cause as well! I'm sure some girls would like Star Wars toys but even more apreciate Barbie!

WAHOOO! Alright, thanks to everyone who brought Toys For Tots! We collected 32 toys at the meeting and thanks to Kirana and MexChewie's last minute donation, we bumped that total up to 45 toys! Thanks guys! It's now our goal to beat this number at the next meeting! SO BRING THOSE TOYS AGAIN! Remember, Star Wars toys are cool but are not the only toys accepted (They were mentioned 'cause they were cheap)! As long as they are sealed packaged toys and not happy meal/kids meal toys. Awesome work gang! Keep it up, and happy hunting! :)

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    PV Mall had a good selection, including (gasp!!!) some stuff in Clone Wars packaging!

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Cool, thanks Obey! :)

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yet another bump! Just a reminder in case you're out there shoping again this week! If you see any good toy deals, please post them so other members can go find them too!
    LET'S BEAT 45 TOYS AT THE SEPT. 13th MEETING!!!

PS. It will actually be more than 45 to beat because Jada will be adding her donation of a few toys to the collection at the August Birthday celebration! I will gladly take toys there too! They will be added to the August total.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    joel i have a deal for ya.....
    if you promise to be at the superhero party, IN COSTUME, I will bring some toys to the party just for your toys for tots effort... :D deal?

16. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Very well! You're on!

Hmmm what to wear? :)

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
  18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  19. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    ihave a few figs for it.. will bring at next meeting

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Rock on! Thanks Feldman!

Just another bump! We can beat 45 easily! C'mon guys/gals! My mom was kind enough to donate some Board Games so we're already on our way!

PS. Just a reminder! So long as the SW figures at Kay Bee stay at 2.99, I will pick up the tax on any cash donations made for these toys. But, as always, more than Star Wars toys are accepted!

PSS. If you've got something to bring, let us know here so we don't have to keep bumping it... I tend to look kinda pathetis after a while...lol ;)

21. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I've made a trip to the store...

22. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey Joel,
    I went to Kay Bee today :D

I will have the toys I promised for the party. So see ya there ;)

23. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Joel,

I went to KB with Void, Sideshow and Mick today and I bought 3 figures. I also bought 2 Amidalas . . . I'll try to part with 1. [face_plain]

I'll be up next weekend so I'll bring those and the mini-puzzles. Haven't made it back to Tucson Mall for the Barbies . . .

24. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I got a bunch of packs of army men and cowboys and stuff.

(I gave a bunch of these to my friend's 6 year old, and he LOVED them. Best $2/bag I ever spent. :))

25. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Y'know, another way to do this might be to actually schedule some kind of charity fund-raiser event, where people actually donate toys to us FOR Toys for Tots.

That way we're not constantly digging into our own pockets.

Not that it isn't a noble thing to do, but just to keep us from donating *ourselves* into the poorhouse...

Just a thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.