main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx TOYS for TOTS - 42 Toys at Oct. Meeting! Still collecting through December!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    COME ON GUYS< THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!! WE GET TO DRESS UP AND HELP OUT THOSE IN NEED!!!!!

2. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    That's a good idea, Kristie! I'll definately consider that. Trying to find time might be hard. I would gladly help organize this as long as I had some help. Any takers?

PS. I understand people with limited funds, trust me I am one. And it's NEVER been my intention to use guilt to get people to donate. It's kind of like church in a way, you tithe what you can sort of thing.

3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    PSS. Special thanks to all of you who have been so generous in your giving. And if you can't donate, I challenge you to join us out there in costume or T-shirt in December when time comes to donate.

I understand if I'm coming off pushy. I just have a great love for toys. I have since I was a kid. And it KILLS me every year when they show those on TV without much of anything. And when I see myself involved in a club like this with such unification, I can't help but get active. Thank you all!

PSSS. I will always make it a point of posting cost effective toys when I see them in the store. I know you will do the same.

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    ah joel you are such a sweetie...
    don't worry, I think there will be a decent amount of donations at the upcoming party.... :D

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Princess!

My mom was kind enough to donate 6 board games to the cause! Now we're only 40 away from beating the August total!

6. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm making another trip to the dollar store this week.

7. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    LP,

This is a great cause. Down here in the TFF we are trying to get together an event and I think most likely we'll go for a Toys for Tots event. vadersdad is really enthusiastic about it. I'm even making a costume [face_shocked] to help host the event when we have it.

This is one of my favorite things to do with my Christy. Explain to her that there are kids that may not get toys because their parents can't afford them or their parents are otherwise unavailable. She loves to participate!

So push away, LP! It's for a great cause!

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Rock on, Jada! Keep me posted on what you guys are doing down there! Found some cool SW toys deals today and thought I'd post 'em. This is also in the Collector's Thread:

'Stopped into KB at AZ Mills real quick and found that the 2.99 markdown is still going on with 3" figs and they have once again, marked their 4-Packs down to 7.49 or something like that.

PS. I thought about what Kristie said recently and also about a PM I got from Lady Jedi. Another good way to collect those toys would be to tell your friends and co-workers about it. They could give them to you and you could bring 'em to the meeting. If you want more flyers to give them, let me know and I'll bring them next meeting.

The reason why our own PFF drop off wouldn't really work is because we're not the ones collecting the toys for TFT. We're actually collecting the toys to be horded then dropped off to TOY ANXIETY in December at their drop off. I'd hate to have an un-official TFT drop off and then get some flack from TFT organization. Maybe next year the PFF can hold their own! Maybe even get Atomic Comics in on it! Food for thought.

9. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    Food for Thought

Very tastey!

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yes... yummy yum!

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Just a reminder, I will have the PFF TFT collection bin at Void's party Saturday night if you wish to donate. It all goes to the September total (We're trying to beat 45! And we're well on our way at 7 right now!)! See you all there!

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    YET ANOTHER KB PRICE DROP!

At AZ MILLS all star wars figures are back to 1.99 each! Not a bad deal. The four packs are back to 10 bucks and the lightsabers are back to 19.99...

HOWEVER! I did happen to wander my eyes over to the TWO for ONE bin and there were some really good priced Super Hero figures! Batman, Superman, etc. So two for the price of one ain't bad for the cause! :)

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    One more bump... the bin WILL be at the party tonight if you wish to donate to Septemer's total. :) See you there

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Special Thanks to those who donated at the party! We've bumped September's total to 15. If we get 31 more donations at the September meeting, we'll beat August's total!

Always check out the collector's thread and here for more cheep toy deals! Also, let us know if you find any!

I will also collect $3 donations at the meeting for star wars toys at KB Toys. Myself and Sand_Dancer will go over after the meeting and count the toys we buy towards that month's total!

15. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Yet another shameless bump! :)

PS. Gang, don't forget to mention to your friends, family, and co-workers about our involvement with this! Outside PFF donations are gladly accepted as long as they follow the guidelines listed at the top of the thread!

16. jada_marnew

Feb 22, 2003
    You know what, LP, I almost announced it today in my class. I'll go ahead on Thursday and announce it.

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    That would be fantastic Jada! Thanks for your support! :)

18. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
  19. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Jupitor! :)

Bump!

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    One more week to beat the 45 mark! Saturday will be the moment of truth! LOL :) If you see any deals this weekend, please post 'em! :)

21. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    18! My mom pitched in a couple of Barbies for the cause! Wahoo! Getting there! One more week!

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Also, in light of "telling your friends and family" about this project, I will have more of those REMINDER Flyers at the meeting Saturday to those who want more or didn't get one last month. I'll update at the meeting as things progress! :D

23. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Saw some great toy deals tonight at AZ Mills Kay Bee Toys!

* All Star Wars figures are still only 1.99!
    * The 2 for 1 bin has some great low priced super-hero action figures as low as 99 cents!
    * There's a large BARBIE bin there with all their barbies marked down to 3.99!

NOW is a great time to buy from KB for TFT during the holiday off season!

24. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Wahoo! Thanks Grandma! 4 more SW figs! 22!

25. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Hmmmm... 17 of the last 24 posts were LP. Do you think he's obsessed? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.