main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx TOYS for TOTS - 42 Toys at Oct. Meeting! Still collecting through December!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    *Bump!*

This is your two weeks 'till meeting reminder! Thanks guys and gals!

2. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
  3. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Jupitor! ;)

4. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I went ahead and posted another reminder in the October meeting thread!

KB will still be having it's SW Figures on sale for only $2 by the next meeting! They also have a lot of Buy one get one free deals over there.

If you can't give toys, we will collect $2 donations at the meeting and will buy the toys for you. :D Thanks gang!

PS. If you see any other good deals on toys, PLEASE post it here! Thanks! :D

5. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  6. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Am I allowed to bring something non star wars, or will my gift of toyness be rejected? ;-)

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Anwelei - Toys of ANY kind are accepted! The only reason we put the Star Wars toys on a pedastal around here is because of their low price at KB ($2). We understand people have limited funds so we try to accomidate them with good deals and so forth.

If you do have toys to donate, the only stipulations are that (1) The toy is sealed in original Packaging (2) Toys donated are store bought and not of "happy meal" quality.

Good Question, though. Thanks Anwelei! :D

8. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    UPDATE:

My mother was kind enough to splurge at our local FRY'S Sidewalk Sale. She picked up 19 various toys (legos, Todler toys, puzzles), raising our total to 21 so far! This means we only have to collect 26 more toys to beat September's total! Let's go for it!

August total = 45
    September total = 46

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
  10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    *Bump again...*

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Lady Jedi has a thread up about left over money from T-shirts and DVD's. If you had money coming back to you and would like it to go directly to Toys for Tots, please post it in that thread so LJC can work it all out before saturday! Thanks. :D

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    This is possibly my last TFT post before the meeting. Thanks for your guys' support! :D

I've had some trouble trying to contact Ron over at TA. But I'm hoping to get some info out of him about the drop off in December and the January events (movie night) before the meeting Saturday.

Thanks for all the donations so far guys and gals!

-LP :D

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    42 toys this month!

Great job PFF! Special thanks to those of you who donated your left over t-shirt money to the cause! We were able to add 12 extra toys to this month's total! :D

Thanks again, Carol, for organizing that. :D

14. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Hi Joel :)!

15. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    hi KnightWriter :) !

16. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    OK, this is a shakedown. Joel, for my first act as CR I think I'm going to need a cut of that KB Toys bribe money. :p

17. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    LOL!

Well, sadly IA, It's a sad, sad, cycle... all the kickbacks I get from Kay Bee go straight back to them for more Toys For Tots... I'm addicted to Toys for Tots! I need help... (cries for a sec...) ...Okay I'm over it. :)

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Obviously, there won't be a meeting this November. So, if you have a toy(s) you'd like to donate, it's NOT too late! Hang onto the Toys and bring them to the December 13th Event at Toy Anxiety!

In the event you are unable to make the event, arrangements can be made to have another PFF member bring your toys for you.

If at all possible, please post or let us know how many toys you are donating so we can add it to the PFF GRAND TOTAL! I think we're at like 133 right now. Thanks guys! 133 is really out doing yourself! :D

PS. There have also been outside PFF Donations made to the TFT cause! Various member's parents, friends, and co-workers! A Special thanks to them too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.