main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Toys-For-Tots at Toys-R-Us in Newport News on Nov. 3rd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Thumpy, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Canon and non-Canon costumers of the Richmond FanForce are invited to attend the Toys-For-Tots charity Kickoff in Newport News.

This event will be led by the 501st costuming group.

Where: Toys R Us Toys for Tots Kickoff
    12132 Jefferson Ave
    Newport News, VA 23602

When: Nov. 3rd (Sat.), 11:30 AM until 2:00 or so.

We will help the USMC generate foot traffic and add to the overall excitement for this Toys-For-Tots charity kickoff. The Boy Scouts may be there to assist shoppers and lots of USMC personnel will be on hand!

Prop weapons are allowed.

There is no cap on #'s, so the bigger the group, the better!

At the moment, Toys-R-Us Corporate has given its store management the greenlight for allowing costumers to use their backroom for changing, but there may be conditions on that, depending, specific to the store, so more information may follow.

Rebel Legion, and Tidewater Alliance and Hampton Roads FanForce groups will be invited to troop with us!

Let's show the USMC how big of a Star Wars presence we have from the Richmond/Peninsula/Tidewater areas of Virginia!

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    So I am correct in assuming that any costume may come, Canon or Non.

Thanks for the info Alan!

3. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Yep. Open to people with EU & Star Wars-like costumes, that don't necessarily meet the costuming criteria of the Rebel Legion or 501st.

4. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Ooops..I just re-read my original post and I indicated the "richmond FanForce" instead of TA in the first paragraph!

Doh!8-}[face_shame_on_you]

I was a bit tired when I wrote the post, and I must be more careful multi-tasking on a busy Friday afternoon for sure! Hope to see some Tidewater Alliance costumed members on Nov.3rd at Toys-R-Us in NN.

5. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Cool thanks alan i will post it up and let them know so we can see whos interested. good looking out bro.

6. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Current List a of today. We could use more costumers if you're available. Non-costumers are welcome to be handlers and/or photographers.

ATTENDING:
    1) Alan Ibarra- Clone
    2) Bruce Jernell - Darth Vader
    3) Nels Mize- Stormstrooper
    4) Jason Shreck - Imperial Naval Trooper

Maybes:
    1) Steve Chen [/b]- Stormtrooper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.