main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Toys For Tots Drive

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK1427, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1427

TK1427 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    On Nov 8th and 9th there will be a Toys For Tots drive at the Toys R Us by Wolfchase.
    I will be there along with a couple other costumed Imperials. It is tenative for 1 to 3 pm. Anyone who would like to participate in costume is welcome. LMK

Chuck

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I should be able to be there on at least one of those days, Chuck.

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'l be in the middle of tearing down/soring Nightmarez, but I think I can take a couple hours off to come out. I don't really have a costume, but if I can put someting together I will. At the very least I'll come by to drop off a toy and take some pics.

I can also post the info on the cartoonists site and send out the info.

Lin

4. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Wait- I don't have a STAR WARS costume, but I do have access to a TON of costumed characters! Do you think they would like to have Woody, Pooh, Scooby, or a stilted clown (sans scary mask!) at the toy drive? I might be able to talk Todd and Pat into coming out for at least one of the days. I bet Muley would be up for it, too!

Lin

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Have I told you lately that you are da' man, Lin??

That would be fantastic.

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That's cool as long as you don't start calling me da'woman!

Lin

7. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'd love to help - maybe I can finish off my Padme battlesuit in time. A friend of mine has also said she might be able to come as Leia on one day (she promised to come to the board and join but I haven't seen her here yet!)

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I think I'm working that weekend. :( And Tim just added some real cool stuff to my Jedi belt, too. Spoot.

9. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You work ALL the time! Man, is Tim a kept guy or what?!

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    LOL! Actually, Tim works more hours per week than I do, but his schedule is M-F. My schedule changes on a weekly basis and includes weekends and holidays...hospitals never close, so it's all the same to me. Most days, I have to look at a calender to even know what day of the week it is. I've even caught myself packing Emma's lunchbox for school on a Sunday morning. [face_blush]

11. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I had a crazy schedule that was hard to keep up with when I worked at a mall- well, except for those times when I worked 7-days a week! Uggghhhhh.....

The gang looked great at Nightmarez this weekend. Thanks for coming out (or working to keep Tim in Master Replicas!) Looking forward to the Toys 4 Tots drive!

Lin

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    If anybody needs costuming help before then, let me know. Maybe we can throw something together.

13. TK1427

TK1427 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    Well the Southern Outpost will not be there. Everyone backed out and I'm pretty PI$$ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway, if you guys want to make it a SMT only event you can. You will have to contact Toys For Tots and Toys R Us and set everything up all over again since the Southern Outpost cancelled everything.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Dude, you're a 501st member, so if you're there then aren't they being represented?

Let me know if you all still want to do it. I'll get Muley to come out, and if Kev's in the costume then I'll do either a non-scary stilt clown, BeetleJuice in my new maroon tux(!), or put together a jedi outfit.

Lin

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Chuck: If you'll continue to coordinate it, then I'm still game. I can help wherever necessary. I know you had been talking to the manager at TRU already, so if you wouldn't mind keeping the ball going, then I'd appreciate it.

And even if we have to move it back a bit, we can do it. Then maybe we could get a radio station involved to help promote it.

Any ideas, anyone? Feedback? Comments?

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Let me know and i'll inform the media folks I know.

Lin

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I only want to go through with this if we are going to have a decent amount of support within our group. I don't want to repeat the fiasco where I apparently turned into the Incredible Hulk.

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Mr. Mcgee, don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Hey, if we get a stormtrooper, some jedi, and a big talking ass and the support of the store I say we go for it. Worse comes to worse we spend some time in costume- not like we haven't done that. And we can do some toy and comic shopping when we're done!

Lin

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I love the way this man thinks!

20. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    I love it when a plan comes together... Count me in!

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I just emailed the local rep for Toys for Tots. The Wolfchase TRU manager is next on my list.

If we have to push the date back a bit, it's fine with me. Any suggestions? Thanksgiving weekend and the weekend after are out for me. Those are the only times I can't do this.

Anyone else? And anyone else willing to jump on this bandwagon with Sal, Lin, and me?

22. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm up for it, as far as I can tell the only weekend I may not be in town is Dec 12-14.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Kell. Nice to have you aboard.

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I'll be there if I don't have to work.

25. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Gotta keep Tim in Star Wars toys!

I'm good any weekend with a few days notice.

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.