main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toys for Tots

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Batfrog, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batfrog

Batfrog Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I know it's a bit early for this but it is right around the corner. I think we should try and get something going as far as toys for tots. We should wait until after Las Vegas but maybe discuss it more in the next meeting.

2. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    yes its a great idea, i think at the next meeting we should discuss this and possibly telling the bakersfield californian about our group.

3. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    a little off topic but still in regard for the charity work
    one of my coworkers 12 year old daughter died of cancer and he will have a booth at the cancer walk in may2004, his booth will be a space theme so he said he would love for us to set up the picture booth.
    im thinking i should get a princess leia costume by then. so there will be a variety of characters. my brother can be darth maul.you can look up the info on kristaskrusaders.org
    anyway just wanted to share the info with you

4. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I think both of these have great possibilities. Definately something to keep in mind.

5. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Unfortunately, it's a bit late now to do anything as a group for this cause. This is the kind of thing that suffers when we don't have enough communication on this board.

The Minnesota Force just capped off their very successful Toys For Tots drive with an appearance on one of the local TV stations. Check out their pictures. They've already been invited back for next year.

Hopefully next year we can collaborate for a donation to Toys For Tots or other charity.

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    We got a ton of toys! We even found a business to chip in a few boxed of stuff toys and that really upped our numbers.

Next year we hope to get set up in a mall some day where we can collect toys from the general public. What we had donated was just what members gathered from family and friends and then the hundreds of Beanie babies we got from the Endangered Species store. All total we had 800-1000 items to donate. There were just too many Beanies to count. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.