Cincin, OH Toys R Us April 23rd Midnight Madness.

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon_Ludo, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, is anybody interested in going to the midnight madness on the 23rd?
  2. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm there, Dude!

Lotus!
  3. gimpx32 Jedi Knight

The thing is, though, is that only 200 TRU's nationwide are opening at midnight. I don't know which, if any, stores locally that will be.
  4. jedimike321 Jedi Padawan

I am looking forward to going.
  5. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll check in with TRU in Eastgate sometime here soon to see if they'll be doing a midnight opening. Unless Ludo beats me to it.
  6. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    I know for a FACT that the western hills TRU is NOT having midnight madness. They are in the process of remodeling....

We should check in to Wal Mart midnight madness...they have an exclusive trailer that they will be showing at their stores
  7. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Angel just called the Eastgate TRU, and either theguys over there do not have a clue about what is going on in their store, or they just won't tell us (I vote for the first one! :) ).
    She asked them if they were participating midnight madness on the 23 rd, and their only reply was "Whaaat?"
    Then she asked them is they knew that the new star wars toy line was coming out that day, and she got the same reply. I hope you guys will have more luck with your local TRU!!
  8. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    *laughs* That's a funny story! How about I send a fax to the manager of Toys R Us? Or else I'll call Toys R Us the main company and find out what 200 stores.

If not there is always Eastgate Walmart!

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, sounds like a good idea, you should try to contact the main TRU thing.
  10. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Ludo, if you want to, I won't stop ya. You started this tread, I'm treating it like your baby. *smiles* It's possible you could always contact them threw the Toys R Us website.

Lotus!
  11. gimpx32 Jedi Knight

I could possibly ask at the store here in Florence....
  12. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    I already contacted them through e-mail 2 weeks ago, and I did not get a reply yet. Lady_Lucas (Angel) and i will try to contact TRU again regarding midnight madness.
  13. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    how many figures does everyone plan on buying that night? All of them? Just the "cool" ones. Just all variations of your fav. character? 2 of everything, so you can leave one on card and open the other?

personally I plan on getting all the ones that I can afford (and that Amber lets me buy :D ) and at least one or two of them i'll get 2 of so I can open.
  14. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    I WANT ALL OF 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
  15. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I asked the manager in Florence and she told me that there would be no midnight opening for Star Wars merchandise. Ugh!
  16. KirstenSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm limiting myself to collecting female characters right now, so I'll definitely be getting the Padme, Jedi, and Tusken Raider figs. I also REALLY want the Playskool sets. Other than that, I'll get what I really like when I see it. What's nice about going with multiple people to these things is that you have others to help you find the figures you want. I remember when the new Targets opened a few years ago, there were reports of people getting trampled by rabid collectors on their way to the Star Wars aisle. I hope this isn't like that! For Ep 1, I lived in Wilmington, NC, and I just strolled into Wal-Mart the day the figures were released, picked out the ones I wanted, and left. I was the only person there. It's a little different here!
  17. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if this post technically should go here, or the look what i found thread, but here we go anyways

I don't know how much I'll NEED to spend on april 23rd, seeing as how I already have 15 of the new figures. I don't know if that's all of the figs they are releasing for midnight madness or not.

I'll be more than glad to come to midnight madness and help all the rest of you find the stuff that you want.

Yes, i'm being completely serious. I got a few extra also for trade for those who are interested
  18. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Keep me posted, Padawan, I'lll see what I dig up and what's worth trading to you. I'm sure something will work itself out.

I've also got an idea for you, I'm going to PM you about. I think you might dig it.

19. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    I suppose I should tell the whole story of how I happened accross these, shall I say, wonderfully well made new figures. Info on identifying cases will also be included so bear with me.

Amber and I were on our way to Indiana for Easter and we got a late start since I got off work at 9, plus stopping for food etc.

We always stop at Wal-Mart in Greensburg, IN which is a little more than halfway between. There was nothing new out, but they did have the toy shipments out on the crates in the aisle. I was looking specifically for the Hasbro logo on the box, which was how the preview figs were cased at walmart (i found the case for those and cut it open before the were officially released btw) but all they had was like RISK and stuff in the Hasbro boxes. It was Amber that noticed the stamp on the outside of the Generic TOYS Walmart case. The stamp said, oh let me look at the case so i know exactly (he he) ON SHELF DATE NO EARLIER THAN APRIL 23, 2002. So I cut it open and realized that it was indeed the jackpot! Thats when the go said HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT so i stopped and he came jogging over. He had no clue what was in the case. I said something like well can you open these so I can buy stuff from them, he eventually did open it and said these are from the new movie aren't they, they're probably not in the system yet so i said, can you check for me, they should be 5.88 he scanned on on the price checker closest too us and it was in the system!! So we grabbed the case and left, cause he wouldn't let us open any more cause of the stamp.

So, the box to look for is a case about the size of a normal HASBRO Star Wars fig. case. It's got a big purple bar all the way around it that says TOYS DO7. this particular case was supplier stock number 84851. I can get you all the individual sku's if you want them (pm me). To make a long story even longer, we went to another wally world closer to home and made the mistake of asking someone if they could open a case for us and she (trying to make me feel stupid, which didn't work) pointed out the stamp and said that if we sell these then they get pulled from our inventory and we'll never get any more... right...So she pulled the other stock girl over and told her not to put any out and to put them all back in the back.

so we went to yet a third wal mart closer still to home. (this was all well after midnight saturday night/sunday morning) They too had the cases, knowing which case not to open we opened the only other case they had which was in the same box with case number 84651, and grabbed on of each and headed for the check out before anyone noticed!

any questions? bored? was this too long of a post?
  20. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, I thought you just ment the preview figures. I would trade for those, but I'm going to wait till they are released at the Midnight Madness to get the others. Thanks tho!
  21. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ludo: You get any word about if Eastgate is a lineup spot yet? I wasn't sure if I or you and Angel were going to contact them again. Heck, I'll bug em anyhow. And you do too. The more the merrier! :D

Lotus!
  22. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    it seems to me that the most likely choice, at least for TRU is kenwood, by the company's reconing, i would assume.

Lotus. I've had the previews for almost 3 weeks :D
  23. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    does anyone know how many figures will be available on April 23rd????

I've got 14 basic figures, so we know at least that many. Rebelscum lists 15 more basic figs in their checklist plus 5 deluxe figures, but the checklist says 2002-2003????
  24. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    i've come accross some speculative (sp?) lists of all the possible figures that will be coming out on the 23rd, which is rapidly approaching.

there should be about 22-25 basic figs
    about 4-5 deluxe figs
    4-5 beasts/vehicles
    4 12" figs one of which possibly exl. to TRU

Then of course there's legos, role-playing stuff, food items, etc.

If anyone wants names etc. of the stuff I have hard numbers on pm me and i'll send the list your way!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.