main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toys R Us Display - what is this worth?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by greenhat, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenhat

greenhat Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    (I couldnt figure out how to add an image so I made the display my avatar to the left)

Hey all - dont know if this is the right place for this but Id kind of like to find out what people think this is worth (and possibly sell it if the worth is high enough).

Its an instore display from 1999 (dont know how long it was up before they sold it to me). It was in a Toys R Us. It is 3'x4'x2' and the outer part is made of steel (yes, steel).

It has its own built in fluorescent light and also has a Darth Vader voice track when you push the button below (battery operated).

The awesome graphics on the inside are printed on high quality foam board. You can see the two shelves holding ships and then there is the little nook in the bottom right where obiwan and darth were light saber battling.

Since this was a display, all the pieces were glued down - I have moved several times and carefully (as best I could) removed most of the glued pieces - they are the ones in the pile on the millenium falcon lid.

It has an acrylic like front (not pictured - its off to the side but in perfect shape) that prevented people from touching the stuff. The toys arent in the greatest of shape (glue and sun damage from being on a front endcap) but the whole thing itself is VERY cool.

Ive googled all sorts of different word combos to see if I could find this anywhere and I couldnt.

Im guessing some of the larger collectors might like this.

Let me know what you think this is worth! Thanks for the help!

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  3. greenhat

greenhat Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks - posted there too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.