main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Toys 'R' Us in Altamonte Springs is not openning for midnight madness!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedibountyhunter, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibountyhunter

jedibountyhunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    I just called the Toys 'R' Us in Altamonte Springs and they told me that the decission for openning for midnight madness is now made from headquarters...rrriiiiiiiight.

Anyways, no midnight madness at Toys 'R' Us. ...Ghettomart, I mean Walmart will do.

Anybody want to join me and my brother to wait for Toys 'R' Us to open in the morning of the 23rd. We can meet like at 5:00 a.m. and get coffe and donuts.

Alright, that's all for now. See you tomorrow in Hunt Club!

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    There will be no TRU's within 2 hours or Orlando doing the MM. There are only a handful in the entire state. I spoke to the manager of the Ocoee TRU. He told me that unfortunately they would not be having it and that it was mainly decided based on the volume of sales for each store. Sigh.

3. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    I was hoping to plan for this event! We'll discuss it at the meeting tomorrow, and more in this thread!

4. JangoFett29

JangoFett29 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Just so you all know, Toys R Us cannot get their stories straight. I spoke with someone from corporate office as to why no store in Central Florida would be doing the sale. He told me that it was up to each individual store as to whether or not they participate. He told me that the closest stores are in Miami. In fact, all stores participating in Florida are in or around Miami. Anyways, to make a long story short, I called Ocoee and spoke with their manager, who informed me it was up to corporate. Sounds to me like one giant pile of bantha poo doo if you ask me.
    They did reassure me however that their selection and display in the morning will be just as big as if they had opened at midnight.

Todd

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    The Daytona Beach TRU isn't open at midnight, and when I asked why they said they don't have enough in SW sales to merit the overtime, etc of being open at midnight. i almost said, Well, if you'd stock more SW you'd have more SW sales.. but I kept my mouth shut.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.