main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Toys-R-Us Midnight EP 3 Toy Release Friday April 1st

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK_1427, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    I was contacted this morning by the manager of the Toys-R-Us by Wolfchase. He told me they were having a midnight event April 1st (technically April 2nd) for the release of the new Star Wars toys and wants costumed folks there. I have already let the Southern Outpost know about this and wanted to invite you all as well. For those in costume, you should arrive 30 to 45 minutes before midnight to suit up. Those not in costume, will have to wait until midnight. But do not dispair. Those of us in costume will be able to get first dibbs on the new toys before they open at midnight and can set aside some stuff for ya!!!!! Toys-R-Us wants to advertise this heavily but it may turn out like most others where not alot of people show up. Anyway, they will have refreshments in the break room and have a locked room to store costume bins and stuff like that. So I hope everyone will come burn the midnight oil with with me and have a blast like always.

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    So that's the Friday night that the MSC begins, right? We should have a TON of 501st in town for it, and they may want to caravan out to the event. I don't think much is going on that late on Friday night at the con. I'd like to attend. I may even talk my buddy Dave into coming out as George Lucas! :)

Keep us updated!

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I am re-vamping the Barriss costume as we speak! :D

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'm so excited about this, it sounds like fun! I just have to figure out what to wear...

5. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    With all the Star Wars related costumes you have Kell, it will take you until 11:59 pm that night to figure it out :p

6. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Just to make sure I got this right. So far I have:
    (I'll keep updating this list)

Lin (Jedi?)
    Dave (Uncle George) Tenative?
    Trace (Barriss)
    Tim (Emperor)
    Kell (Waaaaaayyyy too many to list)
    Chris (Tusken?)
    Jacob (Jedi?)
    Rhonda (Padme')

Who else???? C'mon, you know you wanna! Everyone's doing it!

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Tim will be debuting his Emperor costume. :cool:

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, yes I will be. You may all hate me after it's finished. I seem to take on his personality for some reason when I put it on.

And when I drink. But that's a different situation. We'll try both and see what happens. I may be able to shoot Force Lightning.

Thanks for posting the info for everyone, Chuck.

Keep your schedules open for that entire weekend and dust off your costumes everyone! From the looks of things, April 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is going to be a huge weekend for all of us.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll be there. :)

10. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    And when I drink. But that's a different situation. We'll try both and see what happens. I may be able to shoot Force Lightning.

But you don't want to know from where! ;)

Sorry we'll miss all the fun. We'll be in KC.
    Take lots of pics!

-Joe

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Make sure you hit a TRU in KC, Joe. Enjoy your trip.

12. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I think you can count me in for a jedi costume.

--Jacob

This force really needs a wookiee... Wish I was tall enough.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I've been trying to get John to make a Wookiee costume. He'd be a perfect Chewmama (our version of Chewbacca).

14. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    I'll be there. I'm going to have to haul @ss to get my Tusken costume finished. I've only been working on the thing for about 3 years.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ah, some Ace bandages and some burlap and VOILA!- instant Tusken Raider! Git 'er done, Chris!

16. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Thats awesome Chris that you have a Tusken. Let me know if you need any help with it. Also if you want, you can join the 501st once it's done. Lord knows we need more members in the Memphis area.

Chuck

17. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Also Tim you can join the 501st with the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hint, hint, nudge, nudge :)

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Chuck, I'll be Padme again (pilot). My one and only costume.

19. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Also Tim you can join the 501st with the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hint, hint, nudge, nudge :)

20. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    I knew that Rhonda, I'm just an idiot!!! As you can see by my double post also!!! I'll change it right now. Hope ya still wuv me :p

21. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey Tim, you gonna be "Palpatine the Emperor Guy"? That would be hysterical. The Emperor with a Skoal hat!!

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Grace has a kick-arse Maul costume and Jay's Obi-Wan stuff is coming together nicely.....hint, hint, you two! ;) [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

23. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    You know I'll be attending with the rest of the 501st crew. Now what to wear.hmmmmmmm?

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I dunno about that, Chuck... That would mean I'd be required to go to Shadowcon and MSC...

:eek:

:p

Y'all wouldn't want me anyway, especially since I become the Emperor when I don the costume. Y'all would be looking for the conveniently-placed abyss to throw me down.

I should just make a Chancellor Palpatine as well, then join both Rebel Legion and the 501st. Then I could slowly take over both through subterfuge and alcohol.

Did I just say that out loud?

Chris. That would be hilarious! Palpatine, The Emperor Guy would have a camo cloak, the Skoal cap, a cane made from a bull's unit, a big fishing lure as the broach, and rubber boots. He would be accompanied by Darth Bubba, his Sith apprentice/drinking buddy.

Grace and Jay definitely need to show up as Maul and Obi-Wan. Then they could fight over toys in the aisles ala Duel of the Fates.

25. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Tim, I thought you were already a member of the RL? I know I would love to have you as a fellow 501ster and you wouldn't be required to attend either of those. We're not that mean [face_devil]

Glenn, you'll need a tractor/trailer to bring all of your costumes :) Maybe you could hire Chris and Terri for those duties!!!

Grace and Jay, Are you all gonna be there in costume?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.