main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toys r Us midnight madness

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Join us at Toys r Us midnight 12:01 AM Saturday 4/2!

2. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    so that's friday night, right?

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
  4. JeepWithGuy

JeepWithGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2003
    Which Toys R Us is it?

5. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Just a quick question: are each of these 3 places (Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target) going to have anything "exclusive?" I have heard about the Lava Vader for Target, but seeing as how none of the stores are making a huge deal about anything here in Fayetteville, I was just wondering what exclusives I might be missing out on. Of course, I probably don't want to know. :)

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's the Crossroads TRU in Cary.

Target has the Lava Vader and it's limited to 35 or 48 to store, depending on which site you read. You gotta get there early and you'll get a ticket. Store opens at 8am. Supposed to be limited to one figure per collector. I think it's $12.99 or $14.99, can't remember.

TRU will have a Holographic Yoda figure. Last I read it will not be available until April 10th and was free with a $25 purchase. I guess they figured everybody would blow their Star Wars budget at Midnight Madness, so they'd wait a week and then start offering the exclusive. Weird.

Walmart is doing a reproduction of the old "Early Bird Special" from 1977. You get an empty box with a mail-in certificate (OK, that's not really empty) which is good for classic reproductions of Luke, Leia, Artoo, and C3PO figures. It's limited to 50,000 boxes. I'm not sure if it's limited to just the tent event stores or all Walmarts though. Runs around $30.

7. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Thanks for the news, Dal. Wish I could make it up there, but I will be with ya all throught "the force." Alright, that was lame, but have a good one, anyway. Maybe the Target here will still have the one Lava Vader figure. That's the one I want the most anyway. :D

8. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    No problem. The Lava Vader is at the top of my wish list too. I'm going to pass on the Early Bird Special though. A bit more than I'd care to spend. Since the Holographic Yoda doesn't come out until the next week, I probably won't buy much at Midnight Mdness tonight. If something absolutely grabs my attention, I may get it. But I guess I'll save my big purchase until next week so I can get the free Yoda too. I still want to go tonight though and see the mad rush. Maybe go harass the scalpers.

9. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

Apr 14, 2004
    Yeah, I know what you're saying. I figure most the stuff here isn't exclusive and when they run out they will just re-stock (except that Vader figure!!) but it's the point of being "in the fray" that's alway kind of fun. I was one of those "dorks" who did the Harry Potter midnight thing at Barnes & Noble (for Book 5)- not because I thought they would sell out before the next day, but because it's cool getting to see all the excited kids....er, and adults, actually, at these things. Ok, I'll admit, I really wanted to start reading it too.

10. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Damn it, all these bloody events are at friggin crossroads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.