main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Toys R Us release event info!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    From the desk of Dion - HTIC of the N.E.R./501st:

Ok folks, here's the big annoucement! Toys R Us Times Square is planning a BIG Midnight Toy Release and the NER will be the hosting Garrison! That being said, we would like to open this event to ALL the local groups... 501st, Rebel Legion, and Fanforce alike! The only requirement is that you have an ACCURATE Star Wars costume.

The event itself is scheduled for Friday, April 1st, going into Saturday, April 2nd. The exact times have not been nailed down yet, but it will kickoff sometime after business hours, and proceed until sometime around 2am. The Toys will offically be available for purcahse at the stroke of midnight.

While the final details of our involvement have not been solidified yet, TRU plans on using us in certain areas around the store. Such as guarding the Toys (up until midnight), and stationed in the front of the store by the windows. We will also be interacting with the people who are lining up to get in, and taking part in whatever else TRU has planned for us. For those of us who have done it, I can honestly say there is NOTHING that tops Trooping in Times Square!

For those who attended Toy Fair, Darth Tater will be making an appearance as well! He will also be joined by two new product characters. That's a secret, however There will be MAJOR media folks at the event, for those that like getting in the papers/on TV.

I have made sure that TRU will secure a place where we can get changed and safely store our belongings until the event is done. I have also secured bottled water for those folks who need a break during the event. I have also been assured that folks who attend the event WILL have an opportunity to buy the toys as well. (This MAY or MAY not be after the store closes for the night.)

TRU has LITERALLY told me to bring as MANY folks as I can. Originally their number was 30. I told them not only would we meet that number, but we would greatly exceed it! Between the 501st, Fanforce, and Rebel Legion, I hope we can break 100!

If you would like to attend this event, please follow these instructions carefully. Both myself and Zippy will be organzing this event. In order to take special care in getting everyone signed up, I will be handling the signups on the 501st side of things, and Zippy will be handling the Rebel Legion and Fanforce side of things.

If you are part of the 501st Legion, and would like to attend this event, please contact me DIRECTLY at MerlynNY@aol.com (MerlynNY @ Aol.com - in case Yahoo breaks up the email address) Be sure to include the following in your email:
    1. Your full name
    2. Garrison Affiliation
    3. Your 501st ID #
    4. What costume you plan to wear.
    5. Your Email Address
    Once you have done that you can expect a confirmation reply from me within the next day or so.

If you are part of the Rebel Legion or Fanforce and would like to attend this event, please contact Zippy at DarthZippy@yahoo.com (DarthZippy @ yahoo.com). Please include the following:
    1. Your Full name
    2. Your Fandom Affilation
    3. What costume you plan to wear.
    4. Your Email Address
    Once you have done that you can expect a confirmation email from Zippy.

Eventually I plan on starting a message board on Yahoo so that we are all in one place and we can communcate.

I would love to see all the local groups come together for this! Lets all work together to make this the biggest event possible! If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact myself or Zippy!

FOR NER MEMBERS ONLY - If you want to attend, please just reply in this thread that you want to go. Please be sure to still fill out the info I've requested... If ANYONE has any questions about the event, please create another thread and I'll answer them there. I want to keep this thread for sign ups only.

-Dion
    TK/TD/DZ 1217
    Northeast Remnant XO

Let's make it big!!!
    ~DG~

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Who has signed up for this so far? And when I say signed up, who has emailed Zippy about being there?

I know it's all on our NJO forums and that's where everyone's responded, but this is also for those who are not a member of our NJO forums quite yet.

THANKS!

3. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    I verified myself on the NER boards so I'm good to go. I hope this is as, if not more successful, than the Toy Fair event last month.

4. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    If I can get someone else to watch the young ones, I might be able to dust off my Padme costume for this :) Is there a deadline to signing up?

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Not sure if Dion has a deadline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.