main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Toys R Us ROTS Midnight Madness?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BlueHarvest1138, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I won't be able to make it after all - I have to go out of town. Have fun for me!

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    What awful timing... my bro Rogue Six is getting hitched that day and now I'm in the ceremony. Can't miss this for the galaxy and in this case way more important anyway. Can't be waiting out there under twilight sleepless and then be expected to look awesome in a tux the next day now can I? Have a good time all!

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I understand Ming. That's cool. Congrats in advance, Case! :D Ming, could you take a picture of yourself in a tux? That's pretty rare, like sighting a UFO or Bigfoot or something. ;)

4. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Received Target flyer yesterday. Trying to get another one to open.

Man, decisions, decisions.

Vader figure and gift card at Target, Early Bird Kit & giveaways at Walmart, then next week Holo Yoda at TRU.

Running out of room! Utunni!
    Thank you.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So which TRU's is everyone going to, and what time are you getting there? I'm still not sure whether Colma or San Mateo. The 501st is hitting San Jose and Newark, WAY too far for me!

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I won't be able to go to either of these.

7. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    I'll be going to the SJ TRU on WInchester.... it's really really close to my house.

8. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I will probably go to TRU Colma since it is close to home.

Thought about San Mateo for Target exclusive.

ummm....always the future in motion.

Good hunting!

9. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    So, did anyone else participate in Midnight Madness?? If so, how did you guys do??? Anyone try to get the Lava Vader at Target?? I'll tell you straight up, that was madness at the Target I went to! But I ended up getting one, so I'm happy!

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Let's see, I got: the exclusive hologram Yoda, the ARC-170 fighter, 12" Anakin Ultimate Villain, General Grievous, and Palapatine (w/hood on). Also got Anakin Unleashed, a ROTS gift bag, a Vader lollipop container (a similar one to one I lost at Great America). The 3 3/4" figures: Anakin w/cloak, Anakin w/out cloak, Anakin to Vader changing, Darth Vader, and 3rd trimester Padme. After one hour of sleep, at Target I got Obi-Wan and Grievous figures w/cups, 2 Vader sound f/x gift cards, and THREE exclusive Lava Vaders! Then I went to Borders and got the ROTS novelization, the Making Of ROTS, the Art Of ROTS, and the ROTS Visual Dictionary, all with MAJOR MAJOR spoilers that I ended up seeing/reading accidentally! :eek: Still looking for a 12" Clone Trooper, and I can't wait for the 12" Barriss Offee (obviously) and Shaak Ti figures. Whew! :D After all that, I still managed to go straight to work for a 12-hour shift!

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You'll be glad to know that we did hit up a Target in SJ at 8am before Casey's wedding. Man I am still tired but the wedding was awesome and lots of fun! I'm pics of me in a tux will float up eventually soon and I'm hoping to see them soon too! Me and Case managed to snage the last Target Vader fig exclusive. I wanted him to have it being his big day and all but being the awesome dude he is, he let me have it.

Yeah... anyway, I didn't buy a lot, just the Anakin/Vader figure and the Obi saber. I heard the Anankin 12" is pretty hard to find since it's really popular BUT it may pull and Episode 1 Darth Maul and turn up 3 months after the movie is out in all the stores. However, 12" figs maybe a different story...

12. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/lightsaber.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/4.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/2.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/erickrsteiner/1.jpg]

I finally got an FX saber. Its an Anakin Episode 3 saber and I bought it at borders for 109. Then I bought the almost all of the first 12 figures, im just missing Clonetrooper and R2D2. I got 2 Target vader exclusives and a Yoda hologram exclusive. I was thinking about getting the color changing lightsaber but the handle looks hidious. The obiwan saber looks cool though, I think I still might get it. Ming, bring yours to the next meeting.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    will do Erick but... you bought all those figs and a $109 Anakin FX... and yet no CIII? Interesting...

Speaking of which I got my badge today finally! I was beginning to wonder about that!I got the Vader topper too. It's neat because it's Vader's head and you can put it on a stick like object. haha...

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Erick, you could've saved your money on the FX saber, cuz we may get more free stuff from MR, and yeah, where did you get the money? The amount you paid for the saber is the ticket price for C3! By selling your costume, that could've been the airfare too! I mean, the toys will always be there, C3 won't. :(

15. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    That sabre blade looks white...Is it actually blue?

The funniest thing happened to me last summer.
    I'd never been to San Diego. So I had just finished a summer class and was totally spent on energy and needed a break badly, and some friends were going to ComicCon, so they invited me. These people are not into SW at all, rather Buffy and random other stuff....So, I'm like COOL! I've never been to SD, why the hell not. I used to read comics back in the day, and there's nice beaches there, lol.
    So we get down there, and of course I find out the biggest thing there basically is the SW area. I ended up IMO having more fun than they did. They went to all the Buffy stuff, and saw Eliza Dush-whatever, and Keanu Reeves (stuff I don't give a flippin' flip about), and I went SW crazy. Getting to meet Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill was really amazing cause I had no idea it was gonna ever happen, let alone that weekend.
    So I ended up with a Vader sabre for $99. I figured I'd never get it any cheaper, and I really liked them so I bought it. I do wish I'd bought one earlier tho, cause I think I'd have liked the Luke ANH/Empire one better. They do make the Luke blue sabre don't they? Oh well....but those things kick ass, and I scared my friend to death with mine when I whipped it out on a lark one night.

Anne

16. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    "That sabre blade looks white...Is it actually blue?"
    Yeah it's blue it just photographs funny...

"Erick, you could've saved your money on the FX saber, cuz we may get more free stuff from MR"
    I couldnt wait...and its not really about the money for C3, its the fact that I would have to cut a few days of school. And well...Ive never flown before. :(

17. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Hi everybody. I'm a newbie to this forum ( I put in my profile). I went to the midnight madness with my son at the Toy's r us at Fashion Island. Only about 50 people were there so it was easy to get in.

There were only eight Hologram Yodas at this location so I was a little miffed at that. I got the 12 inch Vader and Clone Trooper.

I went to Target at Serramonte for the lava Vader and there was only about 14 people when they opened the doors. I was in and out quickly and proceeded to the Target at Tanforan and picked up number two. I went to the Colma Target to try to get one more but they were all out so that was the end of that.

Dale

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, I was going to go the Tanforan one too, but I had to get the books and go to work!

19. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Wow oldwookie! Another Dale from Daly City!? And I thought I was the only one :oops: I'm like your clone... ;)

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    This is getting out of hand... now there are two of them!

21. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Hey did anyone notice that Darth Vader has an entirely different lightsaber in the Visual Dictionary?

22. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    "Wow oldwookie! Another Dale from Daly City!? And I thought I was the only one I'm like your clone..."

So who's Jango? Probably me since I'm an old (sorta)
    one. You can be Boba lol.

If you don't mind my asking what part of Daly City are you from? How old? If this board is not appropiate for this kind of info you can E-mail me at dmeyers527@aol.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.