main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Toys 'R' Us - Star Wars Midnight Madness

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Meanders, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    lol, I'm not surprised. Armour is cool :D

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's the 'not knowing' that makes everyone look...they don't know what he is like underneath! Its a mystery and therefore intriguing!

3. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    well, lets just say, shall we, it was worth it to catch up with everyone again. Saw people I haven't seen in a few months - Darth Beanie-Baby and mrs. beanie baby, Cat!, and of course, the minions from here.....I've never seen a bigger smile than the one on Oz-Skipp's face when the door were about to open. :D

but hey....what happened to the 12" dolls? the lego? all the other cool stuff that Target and Kmart are advertising? Pretty p**s poor effort, Toys R Us!! and all at full price!!

4. menace_1976

menace_1976 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi Ms Winter
    I also expected more from Toys R Us, the storm trooper security guard at the front was sweating like a pig and when I purchased a few items the tight *** checkout out girl would not give me an extra poster for my daughter.( one per customer even though the poster was just all the toys)
    It was cool to see a few characters though walking around and my friend and I were happy with the items we bought ( Yoda Darth Emperor and large Darth)
    Seeya

5. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    really?? where were you? you should've come over and introduced yourself if you recognised any of us!! I think we need some cool t-shirts so that we can all recognise each other - something like 'the force is strong with this one' or something......
    :D

wouldn't it be cool to be out shopping or something (or even at Uni!) and to see someone with the same t-shirt? :D

I had the same trouble with the posters, I didn't buy anything last night at TRU, but was with Arcticfox, and he did....but the girl would only give one poster....
    ah well. :)

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Cool! I always wanted to be a minion :D

I think SAFF t-shirts would be a great idea.

Now just waiting for paparazzi D-J to post some pictures from last night......

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He's out buying toys, won't see him to the shops close I suspect!!

8. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    lol@A-D
    You don't know how correct you were !!
    I was buying toys. ALL the toys I could not buy last night cause toys r us dropped the ball ! Did anyone noticed if they even SAW the ball let alone dropped it ! They missed out on $157 of my money that I spent at KMart Noarlunga, also E-I spent $130 today which TRU missed out on, any one else want to list how much they spent that TRU would have got ?? How can we get TRU head honcho's to read this ? Would LOVE for them to see how poorly they did !!

Now, photo's...how do I post a photo on here...never done it before. Help pleeease.

9. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    we went to target at Newton this morning, 8.30 - nothing on their shelves!! They didn't look like they were even set up for the toys yet!

So.....Kmart got our money. I spent $89 - got my Greivous 12", visual dictionary, a Yoda watch and other bits and pieces. Fox spent around $190 odd....so yeah, TRU could've made a lot more if they'd thought about it!! Saw BobaMike in our travels, he's had most of the stuff for a couple of weeks now, was just wandering around having a look. yes, that's not a lie, he has his 'ways'.... :D

10. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    I was in the city today coz I go to the gym there, and I called into a few shops.

I went to both Dymocks and Angus and Robertson first, asking about the Visual Dictionary, and they both didn't have it, and hadn't even heard of it....

Then later on I called into Borders who had loads of copies of them right inside the door, and the novelisation of RotS. It was a funny sight, there were three of us standing there flicking through these books. Was cool to see the Visual Dictionary. Lots of awesome images, and I tried so hard not to read the text.

I also went to Target - so far they have the best price I've seen on the Visual Dictionary - $20.

I like the look of the figures, but I'm so surprised at how small a range there is. I thought there'd be loads more. The stand at TRU was soooo small!

11. menace_1976

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi
    I got their at just after 12 with my friend Steve I was looking like a bum in trackies and bought a couple of toys then left while people were getting shots with the Stormtrooper.
    It still was alot off fun racing up to the city at 12 on a Friday to buy some star wars toys. It inspired me to rebuy a copy of Attack of the Clones today as I lost my last one.

12. menace_1976

Mar 13, 2005
    Speaking on missing out on money my daughter wanted another Star Wars toy so my mom went into Target at Marion and they told her they had no Star Wars action figures.

13. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    That's strange. Target City has them.

14. menace_1976

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi
    So does Castle Plaza but maybe it was just some nieve weekend checkout worker? Still you think workers would know about Star Wars merchandise being on the shelves?

15. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    You would think so, wouldn't you?

16. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    Fox and I went back to Target at Newton at around 4.30, and the poor guy wasn't too happy, because he was only just putting the merchandise out - it was supposed to be out early this morning, but somehow was forgotten....

so....Fox spent more money.....

:D

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    THe only store I went to today was Bunnings.....for a lock. :( I did buy some 'rebel dog tags' on ebay this arvo! :D

18. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    found myself buying a little MORE than i would have normally intended, as per usual :D - but not from the Toys R Us monkeys.

a little disapointed in their attempt, really!

did manage to see the costumed trio out the front, cool! i beleive i saw DM in his Tie pilot?

also, a big hello to the EVIL one :D

question - what happend to the Darth Vader and Storm Troopers? i was told they were going to be there?!

19. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Got nearly everything of grievous
    12" Figure, Unleashed, everything.....
    12" Figures @ target were only $29.95 compared to $44 @ K-mart. TRU didn't even have em.

Warning.. 12" Grievous is nearly impossible to arm with all 4 sabers & pose. Keeps falling over.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I can just see you locked away in the SW room, playing with him......and cursing everytime he falls over...

21. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    definitely a Space balls moment going on there Adalia.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    "Yet he finds him somehow strangely attrative.......kiss, kiss, kiss"

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    ok I will personally buy something for the candidate that gets a picture of evil playing with figures without him knowing.

Thats right I am putting a bounty on the evil one.

24. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    You just launched mission impossible -
    1. NOBODY will take the bounty.
    2. Most of the people here have no idea where I live.
    3. Yes, I was sitting there cursing while trying to get him to stand up properly.... he still won't..

If the bounty is good enuf, i'll collect it myself...

So I love my SW stuff... If you had my collection, you'd want to spend 24/7 with it as well..

25. Dave-Jedi

Dave-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    Now, if Mr Lucas wasn't such a tight ass he'd give you a 12" doll stand with the figure as Sideshow collectables do & Evil wouldn't have to sit in a room playing by himself ! Did that come out right ? *lol*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.