main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Toys

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Qris-DawnVires, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Deco Droid, the deal on the Red and Yellow CT are they have been next to impossible to find. The did come out in June but initially most Kb's only got one case (6 figs or 3 of each) that's why you haven't seen them. Only within the last month have they finally started to come out in last numbers at Kay bee's website has been able to keep them in stock.

Master Infamous, do you know Kmart has the interactive R2D2 on sale for $84. I don't know what their policy is but it couldn't hurt to ask it might safe a few dollars.

About the R2 I just got mine today and I've had a lot of fun with this bad boy. I'm still figuring out all the things it does but I've got it already to play the Imperial March, the Hero Theme, and the Cantina song and that's cool. Plus it has this follow me mode where he follows you around.

2. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Deco Droid, the deal on the Red and Yellow CT are they have been next to impossible to find. The did come out in June but initially most Kb's only got one case (6 figs or 3 of each) that's why you haven't seen them. Only within the last month have they finally started to come out in last numbers at Kay bee's website has been able to keep them in stock.

Master Infamous, do you know Kmart has the interactive R2D2 on sale for $84. I don't know what their policy is but it couldn't hurt to ask it might safe a few dollars.

About the R2 I just got mine today and I've had a lot of fun with this bad boy. I'm still figuring out all the things it does but I've got it already to play the Imperial March, the Hero Theme, and the Cantina song and that's cool. Plus it has this follow me mode where he follows you around.

3. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002

4. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Kmart has a sale on the interactive R2 for $84 right now. I don't know if you can do anything about it but I just thought I'd let you know.

Deco Droid the reason you haven't seen the red and yellow troopers is bc initially in June they only came out one case per store. That's 3 of each and are also exclusive to kay bee's. Only about 3 weeks ago have they finally made it down here in abundance and in stock on the website.

Now about the R2 I just got mine today from Kmart and I had a blast with it. I've been able to get it to play several of the secret songs the imperial march, hero theme, and cantina song. He also has reactions to names like when you same, "Do you Remember Darth Vader?" he screams. So far I've had a lot of fun learning all the different things stated and hidden things he does. I post more if you like. Also, TRU has the silver R2's similiar to the Toy Fair Vader free with a purchase of 19.99. Most TRU have plenty except the one on 290 and West 34th.

5. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Sorry about the posts in a row. My computer locked up during the first one so I did a second one. It's funny last night I checked before I did the second one and nothing showed up now I see triple posts.

6. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    The boards do that sometimes late at night.

7. Master_Infamous

Master_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    New items in stores: Green and Orange Jedi electronic lightsabers, Mace Windu's electronic lightsaber from The Phantom Menace version, 10" collection figures Anakin,Mace,Vader,and Jango, Geonosis battle arena.

Online items: 12" Plo Koon,12" Anakin with 2 lightsabers and removeble arm.

8. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Anyone seen a place yet that has the Lego Star Destroyer? I'm ready to blow my 300$ on that one!

Doug

9. Master_Infamous

Jun 6, 2002
    the only place you can get the Star destroyer is from the lego website.

10. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    the $270 price is high until you consider just how big that thing is - plus there's no tax to add on - and free shipping through dec. 8th!!! mine is on back-back-back order!!!

11. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    The new Holiday set with R2 & C3PO is out at Walmart for 13 and change. It's starting to hit all over Houston. I know on the NW side the Copperfield Walmart and the one on Westheimer have them. Also, the new 12" Bounty Hunters are out too which are Zuckuss, Imperial Officer, and Dengar.

12. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    FYI!!!

K-B at Almeda & Pasadena (probably the rest too) have a 4-pack of figures for only $10.
    The assortments are slim and it's probably figures you already have but its good if you want extras to play with or give as gifts.

13. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Hey haven't been here in a while. Who has the Mace Windu purple lightsaber which was released by Episode I and NOT Episode II?

14. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    just a curious provocative thought:

for Christmas I'm donating some of my precious star wars toys to Toys For Tots and other collecting/distributing agencies. Though it is heart-wrenching to depart with such valuable and sentimental toys, I recommend some of the toy-collecting HFFers do so also! Yes, I suppose not the REALLY valuable ones like the bigger-than-normal spaceships (ahem Millennium Falcon), but at least something that you know you can get at a later date.

SPREAD THE AWESOMENESS OF STAR WARS!!!

and please put batteries with the battery-operated ones...a lightsaber that SUPPOSED to light up and makes sounds but DOESN'T is more of a disappointment than a gift...although we do make our own sound effects at times...

and thanks guys for even the attempt to do so because even the mustard seed is so very small but grows into the biggest tree...

15. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Willowbrook Mall TRU has the new Yoda, Destroyer Droid, and the Republic Gunship Pilot. There's about 8 to 10 of the last two and only a handful of the Yoda. Unfortunately the Ephant Mons were already gone.

I have the Mace saber that is actually Ki Adi Mundi's. I picked it up at Walmart. If you're looking for any they received the most. KB toys has some too.

16. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    oopps! Another one of those late nite glitches or my computer. It's the ghost of Christmas technology.

17. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Target had a lot of vehicles and small fiugres on sale day before Christmas, the one at North Oaks.

18. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    Target on San Felipe (galleria) has the Arena set for $19.99

19. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Jun 28, 2002
    I couldn't find the "things on sale" thread (or whatever name it would go under) but Phoenix comics is going out of business, by March 1 or 31. So far stuff is 20% off. Phoenix is on Montrose.

20. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    if any one sees the clone trooper with speeder or any of the newer unleashed figures let me know. Mace Windu and Count Dooku unleashed figures are out, i saw them at Toys R Us on 1960 in the willowbrook area

21. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Phoenix is going out of business?

22. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    A little heads up on the unleashed figures of Mace and Tyrannus those have been out since mid Nov. The Copperfield Walmart has the Lego Yoda on clearance for $50. It also briefly had the trash compactor set once last week so those have hit Houston.

23. Master_Infamous

Jun 6, 2002
    The Toys R Us on Westheimer has the Mace and Tyranus unleashed figures. Also the Walmart
    has the new repackage tie bomber. i cant find the clonetrooper with speederbike,Yoda jedi council,Destroyer droid,yoda deluxe or elphant mon!

24. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    i know where Elphont Mon(SP?) and i already got it!

I can't seem to find any of the other Unleased Figures, like Padme, Vader, or Anakin. For a while here on the north side all i could find was Jango and Darth Maul.

25. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    the unleashed figures aren't that hard to find. i saw plenty of padme's (and picked one up) a few weeks ago at wal-mart. i think the best one's are vader, tyrannus, maul and padme...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.