main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA TPM (and the rest) on pay TV, what's your thought?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ghost-of-Spider, Mar 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Well here it is a SW topic.
    On TFN it has been released that TPM will be shown with the OT on Foxtel sometime this year.
    Of course looking at the ads for free to air nothing has been mentioned, how do you feel about this, do you care.....etc

2. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    well since I got fox I love the idea it means it will be on every day well twice a day actually so it means that I get the perfect excuse to watch more fox and save my videos from being worn out :)

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    seeing as how i now have foxtel, but the housemates are paying for it, for the month of May, the phones will be left off the hook, and i won't be online much so :p :)

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't get pay TV, and don't think we're getting pay TV, so it doesn't really worry me all that much. I'm not one of those people who watches their SW videos over and over and over and over and ove and over and over and over and over........... Get the picture?

5. Rogue 11

Rogue 11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 1999
    Well, I don't get pay TV, so I can't really comment.

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Princess Lego's parents get Foxtel. Might be a good time for a visit!

7. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I've seen it and own it on Video.

Nough said.

8. Chiron_au

Chiron_au Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Maybe its time I bought a TV, the video player is getting awfully lonely

MMMMMmmm - maybe then i can start watching Jerry Springer

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I lie, we maybe getting pay TV, but not until the folks get back from their holiday. That means I can watch the Ashes when it's on - yeah!!!

10. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't like it-I hate the concept of pay TV isn't there some rule that movies have to be shown free to air first?
    Of course I can watch TPM forever on video but I've seen it already :D

11. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    hmm... maybe i need to barricade the front door so Nat won't break it in trying to watch the cricket...

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Ah let's let her watch cricket. It's not as if the Eagles are doing terribly well so far (Go dockers). ;)

13. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    G-O-S, obviosuly not. I've seen too many films advertised on pay TV that haven't seen the light on free-to-air, such as Saving Private Ryan, along with quite a few others. It takes an average of six months before a film gets to free-to-air after it's seen on Foxtel or Optus, and they don't get it until well after the video release.

14. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    G-O-C, thanks for clearing that up, of course the man who owns Foxtel just happens to also own 20th Century Fox-of course that would have NOTHING to do with it ;)

Guys, be nice to Nat she does support a Grand-Final winning team...East Perth of course.

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Who said that I'm crashing anyone's door to watch the Ashes? WE'RE thinking about gettine Foxtel after my parents get back from their holidays. If we don't, then I crash my friends place to watch the Ashes!!! They'll let me considering we're all obsessed cricket fans!!!

BTW, I don't care how pathetic the Eagles play this season, cause I'll be still support them. I'm not about to go and become a Dorkers supporter. That'll be branding me a traitor!

16. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Your only considered a traitor if you side with any Victoria team.

17. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Nice to see a loyal supporter. I've been hassled for years about supporting the Dockers whle they were losing so often. Now the eagles fans get their test of loyalty. We'll see how many fair weather fans there are.

18. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, I'm still a loyal Eagles supporter and I will keep being a true loyal supporter. At the moment the cricket season is still on, so...

....C'ARN THE BLUES!!!

19. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    "Loyalty comes not with how many winning games you see, but how many losing ones."

It's good to see Nat holding onto the AFL club she supports, already so many others have left.

I'm a bit of an underdog supporter, so the Dockers are my WA side although my heart lies in local comp.

20. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry but the Eagles will always be at the top for me. They entered before the Dockers so there the orginal ones.

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Half the reason I started supporting the dockers was because pretty much everyone supported the eagles. I'm more of an underdog supported. Plus I was always a South Freo supporter in the WAFL (it will never be Westar to me).

22. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey soneil, just so you know, the WAFC have changed Westar Rules back to the WAFL. Something about the marketing campaign that didn't work as well as they would have liked...

23. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    If that's true, it's great I don't have to remember that other name anymore LOL

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    About time.

25. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I've already paid for them a couple of times, and once more only when George Scrooge discovers DVD... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.