main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TPM/ AOTC] READ only forums

Discussion in 'Communications' started by hawk, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    When I went to reply in TPM forum, I went to hit reply and it says "READ ONLY". The same for the AOTC forum but nowhere else (yet). What's up?

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    This may be to encourage everyone to start visiting the Prequel Trilogy forum.

EDIT:

hint hint hint

3. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Really? That's a bit silly.

4. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I think the AOTC and TPM forums will be closing so their you go.

5. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Come join the fun, hawk. I've already started a Trilogies discussion thread...

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The Prequel forums have been closed down since the 9th.

7. Quixotic-Sith

Jun 22, 2001
    Some posters left the boards for a bit to avoid spoilers, so he may not have known when the official "OFF" date was.

8. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Oh, I get it. Sorry, now I seem a bit silly now. [face_blush]

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    The forums shouldn't be closed to replies until all the threads are moved over.

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    ALL of the threads are not being moved over. Only the threads that people asked for or that the mods thought would be good to have in PT. The TPM and AOTC forums will be archived from my understanding.

11. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Not all ;) Even I encourage the use of PT forum (I was against the creation of a PT forum for the longest time). TPM and AOTC are better as read only. Since the PT opened, there's minimal posting in TPM and AOTC, so I wouldn't have expected an immediate response as if you were in 3SA or JCC. As long as the threads are on-record on the database, I don't have a problem.

12. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Why aren't all the threads being moved?

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I think it would be better to bring a few of the higher quality threads over from the AOTC and TPM forum, but not all. You want new discussion to be created, not simply keep talking about all the old subjects.

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Why SHOULD every single thread be moved? We're talking about thousands of threads in each forum Jeff. We simply cannot move each and every one of them one at a time.

We have gone through and picked threads that we thought should be a part of the new forum. Users have done the same. The forums are still there and can be viewed. If there are threads that users would like moved we can still do it.

Also I have a more esoteric reason not to simply move it all over. The PT forum is not TPM. It is not AOTC. it is a new forum with a new culture that needs to grow on it's own. It should not be saddled with all the baggage, good and bad, that comes from the two individual movie forums. Thus we take the best of the old threads, merge them with new threads and create a new forum.

15. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    "It should not be saddled with all the baggage, good and bad, that comes from the two individual movie forums. Thus we take the best of the old threads, merge them with new threads and create a new forum."

Those two sentences contradict each other. You don't want the "good baggage" moved, yet the "best of the old threads" are getting merged together?

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    No they don't. I said I don't think the PT forum should be saddled with ALL of the baggage, good and bad. Some good baggage is fine.

17. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I was in your camp, Jeff. Originally, I wanted to have the forums entirely merged, moving all threads from both. Unfortunately, since the move feature only allows us to move on thread at a time, we were told that it was a technically impossibility to relocate every thread. This should not be a problem, however. Both the TPM and AOTC have made it perfectly clear that we will move any thread you ask us to. I know that I myself have a "no questions" policy on the matter. If you ask me to move a thread from the AOTC forum, I will gladly relocate it regardless of how I feel about it personally. If members want to see some of the old TPM/AOTC threads moved to the PT forum, they just need to contact us and it will be done.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

18. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    By technical impossibility, do you just mean "Would take a really long time"? hehe.

19. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    You're a mod, Tracy, why don't you volunteer to help :p

20. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    f members want to see some of the old TPM/AOTC threads moved to the PT forum, they just need to contact us and it will be done.

So if I asked you to move every single thread..... heh, sorry I had to.

21. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Well that's why I am asking. I mean, if they want to move all the threads, and they just need help, I'd be happy to help.

I don't mind monotonous JC tasks... I've done a ton already. Just spend a bit of time every day.

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't WANT to have all the TPM and AOTC threads moved. Honestly this is a decision for the PT mods, is it not?

23. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Uh, I'm not trying to make any sort of decision. Mace Windy sounded like you guys did want to, but it just seemed like an over whelming task, so i was offering help if you needed it.

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The PT mods are discussing things to make sure we are all on the same page. I am pretty sure we decided to just move the threads we wanted and what are requested.

25. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

I would like to post in every single AOTC and TPM threads.

Chop Chop.

UKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.