main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TPM as if it's the first movie released!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ROTS_Obi1, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    What's that costume even made out of? It's like it's not even a person under there! And I like the look on his face. You can tell he's a noble person... thing. I wonder who's playing him.

"Is he that Whodi Master guy?"

It's possible. You can see another of his species behind him in the background. Possibly his student. He does look very master-like.

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Yeah, but is he Obi-**** Kenoobi? He really matches the description JG gave us.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    JG?

He could also be that one guy I heard about: Mace Window, or Yogurt...

I'm still looking for a pic of that8/9 year old kid.

I heard that this movie is supposed to take place thousands and thousands of years in the future, but the capital planet is Earth. As I said earlyer, a Star Trek rip off.

4. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    MAJORSPOILERS!!!!!!!!!
    LOOK AT TO READ!!!!!!!!!!

There are action scenes!!!!!!!
    The main character who we thought was Obi **** Kenobi is in fact named John Lennon!!!!!!!! That eight or nine year old kid is being played by the actor who played Doojie Howser!!!!!!!!And the Director is..

MICHAEL MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Hold on... they fight with LASER SWORDS?! That's all I need to know - this will clearly be the best film ever!

If the rumours are true that there will be battles between spaceships, cool aliens and robots, and then these characters with weird special powers, then I don't think I'll even need to watch another film again!!

6. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I read that it's actually going to be called "The Phantom Menace". Dunno what I think about that.... what do y'all think? Could be a rumour.

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    No way. That's a crap title. Just another false thing that the rumor mill has popped out.

MICHAEL MOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. I can't wait to see how he gets Bush in this movie!

8. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    Apparently there's a character (a villain?) named Noot Gungrich. So there's definitely going to be some kind of a political element. Not all that subtle or up to date either, if that name's for real.

Laser swords, though. I'm officially interested. Why hasn't anybody thought of that before? As for that rumored title... not sure what to think. I thought it was going to be called Star Wars. How many names does this thing have? Just as long as it's not like Star Wars: The Fellowship of the Stars, or something (that's just a bad example.. I'm sure it won't be called that).

9. The_Little_Red_Jedi

Nov 3, 2004
    Yah, it'll probably have a subtitle. Maybe "The Phantom Menace: Star Wars", or vice versa. SOmething like that.

10. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    This movie is gonna suck! Who's in it, a bunch of nobodys.

11. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Nobody seems interested in another space movie.

At least I won't have to wait in line to get in.

12. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah. I'll probably look at the reviews, and if they're good I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD.

SPOILERS:

So we've got some sort of weird, exotic alien...

I present to you, Queen America of Nepal!

13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I doubt she's American...

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Duh. She's from Nepal ;)

15. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    I just found out that Michael Moore is not directing. The real director is some guy named Loucas George. Yeah, I've never heard of him either. Apparently he's a producer on the O.C. or something. There's not much on that link, I know. There isn't even a photo. Kinda mysterious though. He could suprise us.

16. The_Little_Red_Jedi

Nov 3, 2004
    If Ewan McGregor is really in it, I'm there. He rocked in Big Fish, Trainspotting and more.

17. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    You never know. New directors could be good. Like the guy directing Hitchhiker's Guide has only directed one other film, and it looks good. Allthough we won't know untill it's out.

SPOILERS:

Yes. Earth is in the movie. I have the first leaked image of it full with compleated SFX:

Earth

Man that ship think looks really powerfull, looks like it's about to shoot your head off with those glowing things...

18. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    The real director is some guy named Loucas George.

Really? I heard that French actor Georges Lucas is going to be involved. You might have those two mixed up.

SPY REPORT:

I caught a glimpse of several pieces of concept art today. Details below.

First, some sketches of the models they're designing. One was a city of skyscrapers, possibly New York (this would confirm the rumor that it's set on a futuristic Earth). Another was a post-apocalyptic desert city named Moses Pa (that actually sounds like a person's name - it could be, and that could have been his house).

There were also some sketches for a character named Jodi Master. Although it sounds like a woman's name, and the long hair in the sketches seems to confirm that, she also had a beard in the drawings I saw. Perhaps she has to disguise herself as a man at some point.

Other sketches include a vagabond named Mace Windy, a fighter pilot (and trust me, this guy should be one of the coolest characters in the movie - he's got a bunch of witty comments for everything that happens) named Rick Ollie, and a villain named Captain Insidious with his henchman The Mauler.

And finally, some info that everyone's been waiting for, details on one of the main characters: Annikin Starkiller. A young boy growing up in Tunisia with his mother and older sister Padmee, he has strange dreams of a swamp of alien amphibious warriors led by the vicious ruler Boss Jarnass. He is found by Jodi Master, who is fleeing Italy after rescuing the Queen of Nepal from an invading army. Together they go to New York where Jodi tries to enlist him in a private army she belongs to, called Jodi's Order. The city of Utapau in Thailand may also play a role (possibly where Jarnass' people are living). That was all the info I got on the plot (there may be some spelling errors, though, since I didn't get a very good look at the part of the script I saw; also, the locations I'm assuming from where they will be filmed; still, the basic plot is accurate, and I can confirm it involves Earth).

And here's something you definitely haven't heard from other sources: comparisons to Star Trek may be more apt than you think. The Federation will actually appear in this, but it'll be led by a race of amphibious aliens (who, in fact, are a Separatist group from Jarnass' people). And get this: they're the bad guys!

(OOC: This is actually starting to sound like a pretty good movie :p)

19. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I got a pic of what I think is the 9 year old, but I'm not sure (he's a little short).

9 Year Old

(OOC: Yeah. It's starting to sound almost better then TPM ;) :p )

20. Shurlok-Mo-Dicos

Shurlok-Mo-Dicos Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Hold on are you sure this just isnt the shooting title for the next harry potter...

21. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    No, no. This is the prequel to Spielberg's ET. ET is a senator and that wierd green mask they put him in is an actual character!

That's right! He plays a congressman of core city and I think he has something to do with ET being stranded on Earth.

This is great! We can finally see just where ET was trying to 'phone home' to! W00t!

22. Obladi_Oblada

Mar 18, 2005
    One preview I read claims that it doesn't actually take place on Earth, or not our Earth exactly, but in a parallel universe. Some text at the beginning is supposed to fill us in on that, apparently. "Once upon a time in another dimenson..." or something along those lines. Seems like kind of a lazy way to give exposition, but we'll see how that works I guess.

And that E.T. stuff is really interesting. Maybe we'll see some characters using E.T.-like powers too. Supernatural powers and laser swords. This movie just keeps getting better and better.

23. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I just saw something on E tv that Warwick Davis, the actor from Willow, will play the part as a 9 year old green alien boy.

From ThrawnRocks pic the kid looks more like 900 years old. I still think its not going to be that good.

24. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Shaft:cool: has a cameo as Pepperspray Windex, :cool:the liquid concoction master of Nepal! :cool:
    Nuff Said,:cool: this movie's gonna rock!:cool:

25. dsk2

dsk2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2001
    In an interview about this movie, the director said it was to be an opera in space. He didn't say if Natalie was singing or not, but that kind of sounds lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.