main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TPM Deleted Scenes questions

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mer-ke_fostl, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mer-ke_fostl

mer-ke_fostl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2001
    First of all, in the Farewell to Jira scene, I recall that the ship they pass at the end is supposed to be familiar, but last time I checked, no one knew. Do we know what it is yet?

Also, on IMDB.com and a few other sites, Amy Allen is listed as being a Twi'Lek Senatorial Aide in one of the DVD deleted scenes, and the only one I can think of that would fit is the air taxi one, and I don't remember any Twi'Leks in that one. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

2. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I hadn't heard of Amy Allen being in TPM, but when you mentioned a Twi'lek Senatorial Aide, this immediately popped into my mind, so I thought I'd share it in case you hadn't seen it. I have no idea if it's her or not - or even if this was a promotional shot for the movie or just something done for the Young Jedi card game.
    [image=http://www.decipher.com/youngjedi/cardlists/battleofnaboo/dark/images/92twilekdiplomatsenator.gif]

3. mer-ke_fostl

Jun 23, 2001
    Hmmm, maybe. I'll have to examine my DVD. But it's the best answer I have so far, thanks. :p

4. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I recall that the ship they pass at the end is supposed to be familiar

Was it? What ship was it then? I have wondered this before if we are supposed to recognise the ship because I could not think of another reason why we need to be shown it.

5. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    That ship always kind of reminded me of the Dowager Queen in Mos Eisley, even if that really makes no sense, since Lucas obviously realizes that Mos Espa and Mos Eisley are two seperate places.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Amy Allen isn't in a deleted scene but rather reinserted in the actual movie. She is seen in Senator Orn Free Taa's box at some point in the movie (the vote of no confidence, I think). The box originally had two humans with the senator but for the dvd they reinserted two Twi'leks.

7. mer-ke_fostl

Jun 23, 2001
    The box originally had two humans with the senator but for the dvd they reinserted two Twi'leks.

ooohhhh, yeah, I remember hearing something about that. Didn't know it was her, though. Thanks.

8. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I just noticed the different shot in the Senate scene today. I recall that Mr. McCallum was in that box originally. Will have to see it again to confirm Ms. Allen.

9. mer-ke_fostl

Jun 23, 2001
    Can't find anything definitive about the ship. On the OS forums, there's a thread about it, but people still aren't agreeing on what it is: Slave 1, Neimoidian ship, Aurra Sing's ship, Jabba's sail barge. But they all agree it must mean something. It may well be the Dowager Queen, as good an answer as any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.