main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN TPM DVD Release Thanksgiving 2001?!?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Salacious_Crummy, Feb 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    www.theforce.net is reporting that a 2 or 3 disc DVD of The Phantom Menace may be available in time for Christmas this year, with a possible release of the original Trilogy around the time of Episode 2's theatrical release. While I'm doubtful about the classic trilogy, I tend to think that the TPM release is not out of the question. In fact 20th Century Fox did officially announce with more of this years upcoming titles that TPM would be released on DVD around the end of the year.

Is it really too much to ask for at least one of the movies on DVD? Hell, it will make its network television debut at the end of April (Fox). I hope this is true and that it will include deleted scenes like Anakin pounding on the Rodian kid and the extended desert lightsaber battle between Qui-Gon and Maul (which was shot also--they continued to fight on the landing ramp of the ship).

I hope this is not just wishful thinking and will come to pass. Plus, they could include a small different segment or trailer for Episode 2. That would really put the sales through the roof, between the first SW film on DVD and more!

Let's hope this is true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.