TPM is all heart!

Discussion in 'The Phantom Menace' started by AnakinBrego, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinBrego Jedi Master

star 3
    It's a story about a Jedi who finds a boy with no father, and Qui-Gon becomes that surrogate father. In a way he's also a father to Ob-Wan, and also to Jar Jar, whom he adopts. I sense Qui-Gon has a love for Annies mother too. Padme is also very loving to Annie, when he's missing his mother. This film is all heart, with Qui-Gon bringing everyone together with his love and compassion for everyone!
  2. BauconBatista Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly!

Too bad people have a unhealthy obsession with nihilism >_>
  3. Deeysew Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Uh... ok. That's good. :D
  4. Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah i can agree with that.:)
  5. orangefuzz Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless Qui-Gon was really bad and he was the one that really ordered the clone army and he was sent to find Anbakin for the Sith? [face_thinking] No I don't really believe all that crap I just wanted to mess with you.
  6. One-with-the-Force Jedi Master

star 4
    Qui-Gon was pretty cool. He's the role-model image that I get when I think of Jedi Master. He generally seemed to want to embrace everyone. Well, sort of. There was "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here" line... :)
  7. Jedi_Majik Jedi Knight

Had the galaxy been a bad place in Episode I, then what would be so great about Episode III? I never would have imagined that Anakin Skywalker would have been someone that we could really like when Ben spoke of him as a "good friend." Really, up until this "Phantom Menace" came along, there wasn't a whole lot going on in the universe. It was a simpler time.

Qui-Gon was the perfect representation of what a jedi should and could be. He was like the guy in the office who wants to stay in middle management and just keep training people to take his place. He could have been on the council, but that wasn't his bag.

The contrast between TPM and ROTS will be shocking to say the least. When people say that TPM didn't feel like Star Wars, that's because really it wasn't. In the Star Wars of the OT, evil was always present. At the beginning of TPM, evil was only beginning to creep into the picture.
  8. Lulu_Mars Force Ghost

star 1
    I agree with you guys. TPM is so full of love, I just don't understand what people have against it.
    Oh, and Jedi_Majik: Well said!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.