main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ TPM Novel. Anyone read it?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Norrad_Roff, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    In the Terry Brooks novel there are a couple of scenes with might put a slightly different slant on a "Special Edition" of TPM and to follow on to EP2.
    In particular, the part where Watto sends Anakin out to trade with some Jawas and he comes across a Tusken Raider with a broken leg, and he stays with him until the rest of his tribe turn up. A tick in the box for the light side.
    The other scene in the book which also explores the delicate balance of the boy's personality is when, at the end of the Pod race, some smart arse kid made fun of Ani so he started to beat the **** out of him, only to be stopped by Qui-Gon. (Anger, Fear, Aggression)
    However, for anyone who has read the "Virtual Edition" (aldera.net), you may recall a scene where Anakin goes out looking for his mother only to find she has been fatally injured by a Tusken and then he goes off the deep end and goes and slaughters a whole Tusken family (speculation of course) would be good to see on screen, and portray Anakin's inner conflict, but might be a bit nasty for the kiddies to watch.
    I don't know about anyone else, but to me these scenes (and possibly some more I have overlooked) would be crutial to the demise of Anakin, and not make him out to be an innocent lead astray by Sidious/Palpatine.

Whadda'ya Reckon?

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Some interesting points. I haven't actually read the TPM novel yet So it's hard for me to comment. I guess I should look into it a bit more.

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I read the novel just recently. Normally I avoid movie novelisations - but the Star Wars one's are an exception. It was quite good the way it expanded on ideas and themes - a two hour movie could never hope to go into the story in as much depth as a novel can.

4. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    A couple of minutes here and there won't make that much difference.

Remember ep IV,V and IV Special Editions?

5. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Perhaps if the scenes I mentioned before were actually shot for ep1, they could be included in the dvd release 2005?

6. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i have seen a vcd of TPM a lot, and i have a vague feeling that it has scenes that were not in the theatrical release, i'm not 100% about this, but when i went and saw TPM at the movies about a month ago it seemed a little edited.....

7. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Aparently new scenes have been re-filmed. I know that the scene with Anakin fighting a young Greedo has been redone 'cause I saw a interview with Warrick Davis, who is supposed to be playing young Greedo and Wald (Anakin's wee Rodian friend). Most of the extra peices on the DVD center around Anakin and developing his story more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.