1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA TPM on Nine last night!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by monkey_abbot, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    hooray!

What a surprise!

I watched most of the coruscant and tatooine scenes, and I really enjoyed it.

(imoo)

My favourite part of the coruscant scenes is the one where Queen Amidala is infront of the senate. I love the expression on natalie portmans face, its soo expressive!

2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Good to hear it was on TV again. Star Wars isn't played enough on TV anyway I think, even though I have them all and can watch them anytime.

TPM was a great movie and my favourite parts were the Pod Race and the Lightsaber Battle between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul :)
  3. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think that any of the SW movies really flow well on TV, which is why they aren't shown that often. They are definately something that should be shown without the ads inbetween...
  4. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's the first time I've actually seen EpI since AOTC was released, and all of a sudden I could tell how iffy some of the effects and acting was compared to EPII. Not taking anything away from it, I still enjoy watching it, but Natalie Portman really changed a lot in 3 years.
  5. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    It's good to watch it when they hype's died down and you can have a discussion about it without it turning in to a big debate over who likes Jarjar and who doesn't etc. It's good to just watch the film and enjoy it. I remember 3 years ago you couldn't get on to a starwars newsgroup without getting caught in the crossfire of flamewars between those who liked the movie and those who didn't. Personally, I've always liked it, even if there are a few things I think could have been done better.
  6. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A quick note, looks like Nine are showing the whole lot, with A New Hope listed for next tuesday 8.30 in my local newspaper.
  7. foxy_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    They're doing that in nsw. I liked TPM menace too, I've never been so excited to see a movie than I was when I went to see TPM. I like Amidala better in the first one, probably because of the gowns, they were awesome. Duel of the fates rocks. And I liked Jar Jar the first time I saw it, but I wanted to see more Obi-wan.

Where was Obi's shirtless nightmare scene(s) huh?!
  8. MariaLuna Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved TPM for it's soundtrack, I remember when the movie came out, 'Duel of the Fates' didn't leave my CD player for more than a month. :)
  9. Jarsis_Stole Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are few producers and creators of films that cant and refuse to watch their piece of art on TV even cable TV.

One that springs to mind is Blazing Saddles after watching the Mel Brookes bio thing in the beginning of the DVD. He refuses to watch it unless its more or less uncensored.

TPM is okay, but is outshined by Ep 2. I think for the simple fact that Jar Jar Binks doesnt have his flapping ears and annoying voice in it every two minutes.

And a bonus was the Tusken Raiders being taken out, Ive been waiting for that for many years. Anyone that obsessed with the desert needs help.

Jace
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.