main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TPM...Special Edtion (in my humble opinion).

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Eetko, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eetko

Eetko Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    OK, so I was watching TPM again, over the weekend. Now, I'm sure I speak for all of us and say that we all hate Jar Jar. He is there to entertain kids and be a toy comercial (as Tim said).

Any ways, the film itself is great, if you ignore Jar Jar completely. Now, I don't mind him being there, but he doesn't need to be there that much.

As I said, this is my humble opinion, but these are changes that could be made.

1. Cut Jar Jar out of the Naboo scene.
    Now, when they leave the Gungun city in the Bongo, Qui Goon uses the line 'The force will guide us', so there is no need to have Jar Jar there at all.
    In fact, it would have been a perfect time for Qui Gon to talk to Obi Wan and train him, give him wisdom. The banter between them could have been brilliant.

2. Take Jar Jar out of the whole of Tatooine.
    He lives underwater, and on a dmap forest moon...so when they get to Tatooine, the only explaination is 'This sun doin' murder to mes skin'! That's it! One line of how an aquatic creator can survive on a desert planet.
    They are loads of way to introduce Anakin and Padme, and in even introduce Sabulba, i.e. he could have tried to hit on Padme and Anakin steps in.
    He wasn't need in the homested scene at all. Not even the 'engery binders and the tounge' thing could be missed.

3. Kill off more Gunguns at the end, and not so much of Jar Jar 'playing' around.
    We didn't mind the Ewoks coz they were cute, but they died, and we felt for them. The whole battle at the end is spoilt by the Buster Keaton antics of Jar Jar. You have the best light saber fight ever (until then, that is), and in between you have a screw ball, slap stick comedy of Jar Jar mucking about. And then the death of Qui Gon, loses it's impact, coz you're still thinking about crazy old Jar Jar.

4. Put in a CG Yoda.
    The boss eyed Yoda looks bad. Don't get me wrong, the puppetering is great, but, compaired to ATOC and ROTS, he wasn't very good.

GL re-did the OT and made them better, why can't he do it to TPM. The technology is there and it could be made great. It would put TPM way up there in the line of SW films.

As I said, this is MHO...I just thought I would share them with you all.

2. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    yeah, The Yoda looks ****in aweful! Bring in the CGI!

3. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    The Yoda puppet replacement is the best thing they could do. It looks terrible right now.

But almost wiping out Jar Jar would take a lot of time and effort. He is in a lot of the Tatooine scenes and to just wipe him out but make it look good would be difficult. I can't see them doing that at all.

I think more members of the Council should speak. It wouldn't be too hard to give a few of Windu's or Ki-Adi-Mundi's lines to some other Master. It just annoys me to see them sitting in a big circle but only have Mundi, Yoda and Windu speak.

4. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    It wouldbe nice to see less of Jar Jar and i agree a few lines from the other council members...maybe a female master would be nice!! Theyre there.they just have never said anything apart from in the comics and cartoons!!

5. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    'We didn't mind the Ewoks coz they were cute, but they died, and we felt for them.'

haha you think? i can't wath the end of rotj without laughing my buns off at ewoks being launched by blaster fire!! I HATE EWOKS!

6. Gothicjedi666

Gothicjedi666 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I now the ewoks are awful they look like a cross between native amercains and care bears.
    What was lucas thinking

7. Eetko

Eetko Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    Ah N-Sith, you say your hate the Ewoks, but you love seeing them killed.
    How would you feel about more Gunguns dying?

to quote Tim Yeah, but Jar Jar make the Ewoks look like ****ing Shaft!

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "4. Put in a CG Yoda.
    The boss eyed Yoda looks bad. Don't get me wrong, the puppetering is great, but, compaired to ATOC and ROTS, he wasn't very good."

He looked better in ESB and ROTJ -- Why they couldn't use the original puppet, I'll never know.

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Firstly I'd be surprised if today the original puppet was in anything like good enough condition to be in a film, and secondly the Yoda puppet in TPM is a younger / slightly less decrepit Yoda than the ESB / ROTJ one.

10. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    He does kinda look like he has had a firework shoved up his *$$ in TPM . Bring on CGI Yoda in the ultimate edition ( Lets face it, we all know he's goona tweak em again.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.