main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trachta

Discussion in 'Literature' started by razzy1319, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Thought he was a cool character, too bad they killed him a little early(like most villains in the prequels) his bio says he has known palpatine for over 30 years... any mention in clone wars eu? hope they do more to flesh him out in the empire series coming up.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Was he that Jedi Master Palpatine basically had killed to prevent him, and more importantly his padawan, from learning the truth of Darth Sidious? The one he's basically giving an eulogy for before the whole of the senate.

3. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Nope. Here he is.. He is a Moff in the empire comic series.

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yup, he's been in the Palpatine-loop since before the Clone Wars, but the writers of Republic missed a major freebie-gimme-opportunity to work Trachta's backstory -- described at some length in "Betrayal" -- into the Clone Wars fabric some two-and-a-half years ago, waaaay back in 2002.

It was sitting there for months and months even before the AOTC release, but never once seized, even as a minor b-story. They talk now about tying the two series together, but here was a golden opportunity right out of the Clone Wars gate. Not that I'm bitching, of course -- Ostrander and the rest had their own storytelling fish to fry, and did a superb job of it -- but it's possible we'll be seeing him in the Purge-era Republic-stuff (or afterward).

5. razzy1319

Jun 27, 2004
    Nice. Would be a cool TV Series Bad Guy. is there an official date to his treacherous date?

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'd be delighted to review Betrayal, but you see, I've discovered that luring 6 Jedi Outcast Reborn into a Yavin courtyard makes for fish kissing fun. My goal is to survive a minute. Getting there, too. :D

7. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Use a liberal amount of explosives. Maybe chuck Dark Rendezvous at them, too.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Good idea, but no time to set explosives. :D

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Didn't Trachta also fight Atha Prime according to FactFiles?

TC

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Yup, written by none other than Abel Himself, turns out. It's quite possible that Atha Prime had something to do with those batches of Trachta's clones/stormies we see in the story, being a Clone Master.

And we know that a Clone Master likewise churned out all those Imperial Sentinels for Palpy on Byss, so...

11. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Can someone post the qoute from Fact Files? I've never been able to see it.

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.